Don, I Don't Think This Cone Of Silence Is Working (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Prior thread:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1280937

coneofsilence.jpg

Kudos to Chairman Maouth for the photoshopping.

Stuck in Socal

Dec 31, 2009
They need to livestream the negotiations process.

I think it would be quite entertaining to watch.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
No, quite the opposite. The regular public is generally pro-Fehr, and pro-players. They have done a pretty good job in the PR war as far as the regular folk go. I think its obvious that a much higher percentage of HFBoards poster are pro-owners than in the "real" world.

Strange. In western Canada, I'd guess that it's heavily pro-owners. Even those that are just casual fans can't wrap their head around why the players feel they need 50% of revenues

Thunderjets

Jul 19, 2011
Thunder Bay
NHL player charity games cancelled!

So the charity games that locked out players were gonna play in Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario just got cancelled. Are players getting optimistic?

OilerNut*

Strange. In western Canada, I'd guess that it's heavily pro-owners. Even those that are just casual fans can't wrap their head around why the players feel they need 50% of revenues

Around here most of the people are pro-players. They just see it as a lockout, so it's the owners fault then.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
I will say I am aghast and shocked it took THIS long for a cone of silence reference!

Come ON people....:sarcasm:

It does certainly seem they are in a cone of silence, they can't hear what the other is saying it seems

I wonder what would happen if all of a sudden all the media went away and people stopped paying attention? Would they get a deal done overnight? ;)

Trevor Lahey

Jul 16, 2009
ON
They need to livestream the negotiations process.

I think it would be quite entertaining to watch.

They could charge some coin and probably make up the monetary difference between what the NHL wants and the PA wants.

I was over the moon earlier this week (completely my fault) but I've drastically changed my viewpoint on things. Still optimistic, but I don't believe that anything is imminent one way or the other at this point.

Crows*

@TEAM1040: According to reports, the NHLPA has cancelled it's charity game in Thunder Bay set for Monday. It's due to lack of committment from players.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
So the charity games that locked out players were gonna play in Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario just got cancelled. Are players getting optimistic?

According to bruce Garrioch's twitter there weren't enough players who signed up.

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
@TEAM1040: According to reports, the NHLPA has cancelled it's charity game in Thunder Bay set for Monday. It's due to lack of committment from players.

The optics don't good here-the players keep saying "we just want to play", yet for CHARITY, not enough people are interested in playing the game.

I know there's probably a lot more, I am speaking optics wise it doesn't look good for them to do that.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Wow, another strike against the players, how can you not participate in CHARITY games, this is another thing that makes the players look greedy and that they only care about themselves.

Hanklite*

This is Darche's response to being seen leaving the building and whether that meant the meeting is over:

Mathieu Darche ‏@matdarche52

@KatieStrangESPN no it's not, family things planned and need change of clothes #longweek

Tough guy, had to work 20 hours this week. Must have been rough on him...

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
Wow, another strike against the players, how can you not participate in CHARITY games, this is another thing that makes the players look greedy and that they only care about themselves.

Well, we just attended the Champs for Charity game here in Chicago a couple weeks back that drew almost 12000 fans and two full teams of NHL players, so I wouldn't judge all the players based on these cancellations. Maybe there are other factors at play.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

According to bruce Garrioch's twitter there weren't enough players who signed up.

:laugh:

Oh boy these guys just keep digging themselves deeper. There's another brilliant PR move by the players. Good luck with drumming up support from the public you spoiled ****** bags.

Crows*

@reporterchris: Donald Fehr says the NHLPA "has some things to consider.

@KatieStrangESPN: #CBA Fehr just came out. PA going back to office. Not sure whether they'll return tonight.

Crows*

@reporterchris: The NHLPA is having a conference call with its executive committee and negotiating committee tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad