Don Cherry thinks we will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

He says that the preliminary games mean nothing and that Canada will rise to the occasion once again when the games start to mean something.

He tells all of us not to worry.

So there. Relax guys!

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
ferns8916 said:

He says that the preliminary games mean nothing and that Canada will rise to the occasion once again when the games start to mean something.

So there. Relax guys!

Wow, if Don Cherry says so, i guess i'll relax then because Cherry is always right. :sarcasm:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
revolverjgw said:
Actually, Don IS right. S'all good. We've lost no games of true importance yet.

If you assert you have played no games of true importance yet, sure.

I think every game has importance, be it improving teamplay/confidence/playoff draw. Of course there is no reason to panic but surely enough to worry.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
If you assert you have played no games of true importance yet, sure.

Darn tootin'!

I think every game has importance, be it improving teamplay/confidence/playoff draw. Of course there is no reason to panic but surely enough to worry.

You're right, there are definitely some worries here. But it seems we're past the ''worried'' phase, collectively, and it's dumb. Don's point is that that we gotta relax and keep the faith, the real thing starts Wednesday. I hope these big egos are bruised, humiliated, and have something to prove. I'm looking forward to winning the gold and laughing at these 5-6 days of darkness.

(hopefully)

AgentNaslund*

guys dont worry, honestly, I think they should be fine. Couple shockers indeed, but really, we will be fine.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
In spite of what anyone may think of Don Cherry and the way he sees, and says things, I would say he's just ever so slightly better a hockey "analyst" than the collective minds of the HF board. ;)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Of course Cherry thinks the Canadians are fine. The US sucks and the Euros are all a bunch of pansies that crumble when the chips are down. :sarcasm:

Ogopogo*

ferns8916 said:

So there. Relax guys!

I wonder if Don can help with my portfolio?

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
The way the standings are a team might even luck out and get better draws by not being in first place so ,yes Canada doesn't need to panic.However,when a team has chosen to leave players off that are decidely better than several of the players selected than I think it's fair game to question their performance to date.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Don Cherry is like the Canadian version of Rush Limbaugh , except that his domain is hockey and not politics.

I am quite confident that Canada will play much better once in the "real" tournament though so i have to agree with Mr Cherry here :).

Oh Canada !!!!!!!!!! :yo:

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Despite all the sarcasm in this thread and general hate for Cherry that exists out there, he is right. Why panic now? As long as Canada finishes in the top 4 and moves to the medal there is nothing to worry about.

I hope these 2 losses will turn this lethargic group of stars into a real team and we'll see them play hard. Of course losing sucks, but if hopefully these guys will learn from it and will come out firing for the rest of the tourney.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Symbolic said:
Don Cherry is like the Canadian version of Rush Limbaugh , except that his domain is hockey and not politics.

I am quite confident that Canada will play much better once in the "real" tournament though so i have to agree with Mr Cherry here :).

Oh Canada !!!!!!!!!! :yo:
Cherry does know hockey in some respects andhe does have good insights sometimes.But,like you say he's like Limbaugh and tries to be controversial.

As far as Canada goes, yes i think they will win but with me it's more like they better win.If they don't come back with gold then the people in charge and the players failed.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Don is right as usual. The Don haters/whiners are posting the usual.
Nothing new here.:sarcasm:
Oh and I'm sure someone will reply to this post... Please don't and shock me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad