Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
I change the channel every time he’s on my screen. Does anyone still care what he has to say? I feel so sorry for Ron.
He's a colorful character (no need to add the obvious jokes). Feels like half is show, half is real. Either way it's harmless. It's a viewer/click bait segment. There are far more annoying/vile/toxic ones out there.

If he believes half of what he says, mores the pity. But regardless, it's just for entertainment.

Hammond

Apr 22, 2015
Hamilton
He's a colorful character (no need to add the obvious jokes). Feels like half is show, half is real. Either way it's harmless. It's a viewer/click bait segment. There are far more annoying/vile/toxic ones out there.

If he believes half of what he says, mores the pity. But regardless, it's just for entertainment.
I’m sure he’s told to play it up a bit but his schtick has really dried up. I don’t hate the guy but the segment can be downright unwatchable at times.

VoodooChile

Jul 23, 2009
Re:Hurricanes celebrations

Don Cherry and Brent Sopel should have a lemon party with each other. Ron MacLean said (quietly) he liked the Hurricanes celebrations himself... he's the smart one of the broadcast, the other is Canadian hockey version of Trump.

Reactions: Pomee

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
BEF7A664-3582-4920-A76E-123DE8EA3747.jpeg

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
I’m sure he’s told to play it up a bit but his schtick has really dried up. I don’t hate the guy but the segment can be downright unwatchable at times.
Agreed. Cherry and HNIC keep going to the same well over and over; repetitive and non-informative. At least for my taste, and it seems yours as well. But there are enough who seem fine with it, so they keep on keeping on with it. C'est la vie.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
They are getting a little over the top.

Nah.

The only problem with the Canes celebrations is they're not going far enough.

I want them doing a Rockette's kick line, reenacting classic movie scenes, playing hide and seek. I want Aho to strip nude at center ice and have everybody pretend to paint him like it's art class. I want midgets, and a donkey show. I want them to roast Stormy on a spit and have a goddamned luau. If this is what it takes to expose the thin veil of xenophobia and bigotry that defines the "old guard" in the NHL, then do it. Burn this mother****er to the ground.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Bang on stupid and wrong

Yeah, no it's an opinion. There's no right or wrong. I happen to agree with it, even though I wouldn't call them jerks but more infantile morons. If you enjoy this kind of stuff watch professional wrestling.

I'm all for personality, but this Fortnite type of generation is a whole new cringe. Next we'll have Bronies on the ice fornicating with unicorns.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah, no it's an opinion. There's no right or wrong. I happen to agree with it, even though I wouldn't call them jerks but more infantile morons. If you enjoy this kind of stuff watch professional wrestling.

I'm all for personality, but this Fortnite type of generation is a whole new cringe. Next we'll have Bronies on the ice fornicating with unicorns.
So be it, old man

Reactions: Ahoy there

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
If we removed every aspect of hockey that had no worth except being a bit ‘character-y’, loud and distracting then Don Cherry and his suits would be immediately out of work.

The irony of Don Cherry of all people saying anything is out of place in modern hockey is staggering.

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Canes celebrations are very cringey. I also think its completely disrespectful to your opponent.
This will not age well at all. Next we get to watch them Achy Breaky and Macarena. So much wacky fun!

Reactions: Ill Woods

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Canes celebrations are very cringey. I also think its completely disrespectful to your opponent.
This will not age well at all. Next we get to watch them Achy Breaky and Macarena. So much wacky fun!

its so forced at this point when the joke is long over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad