News Article: Don Cherry talks about Bozak and Clarkson

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
(Seven years) for Clarkson, I knew about that (Thursday). I gave my word, so I have to sit there listen to these guys talking about where guys are gonna go...I mean... I knew (Nathan) Horton was going to Columbus. (Bozak) I can’t believe they re-signed him for that, I mean, there’s a classic case of overpaying a guy. Ridiculous. He’s a plugger, he’s playing with (Phil) Kessel and he can’t get 20 goals. You could get 20 goals playing with Kessel (laugh).â€

I find this interesting.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/09/don-cherry-candid-on-offseason-nhl-moves

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Truth is we are barely better if at all right now, we had a chance to get much better and Nonis didn't take it.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Nonis was stupid and desperate in resigning bozak.

So you'll be happy of course if Kessel is top 10 in scoring again next year and JVR being on pace for a career year as he was with that plug in the middle? Bozak is an importantly player, and he will help the team win, and Bozak staying doesnt hurt his pal from wanting to stay here for a bit longer.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
So you'll be happy of course if Kessel is top 10 in scoring again next year and JVR being on pace for a career year as he was with that plug in the middle? Bozak is an importantly player, and he will help the team win, and Bozak staying doesnt hurt his pal from wanting to stay here for a bit longer.

sign another plug with solid faceoffs skillls, decent defensive skills and slightly above hands for cheaper. Not thrilled that it's looking like bozy is the long term solution at the #1 slot.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

This is such mularky.

There's no evidence to support the "Bozak is important", other than he's Phil's buddy, and that's blown way out of proportion... Like.. WAYYY out of proportion, by Bozak's supporters.

Everyone but Bozak's fanclub can see it. Cherry was right... Again.

leafspring*

Truth is we are barely better if at all right now, we had a chance to get much better and Nonis didn't take it.

You complain all the time we are worse, so just post your moves in a new thread and we'll all have a crack at your team. Go do your dream team bro. Put your money where your mouth is.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
You complain all the time we are worse, so just post your moves in a new thread and we'll all have a crack at your team. Go do your dream team bro. Put your money where your mouth is.

Even if his moves were better, you would never admit it, so stop calling someone out, as a setup.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
This is such mularky.

There's no evidence to support the "Bozak is important", other than he's Phil's buddy, and that's blown way out of proportion... Like.. WAYYY out of proportion, by Bozak's supporters.

Everyone but Bozak's fanclub can see it. Cherry was right... Again.

I dont know, JVR, Lupul and Kessel all had career years playing with Bozak. Look it up, its fact. Even more strange than that, each of those wingers had better center's than Bozak, yet had better numbers with this plug in the middle? The other evidence I can show you, is that Bozak is the defensively responsible player on that first line. If he werent, teams would score more goals against than the top line can produce. Not to mention Bozak is good on faceoffs and is an important part of the PK. Its a joke really, people chirp and complain that Bozak doesnt score more, hence he sucks. Scoring is not, and has not been a problem for the Leafs. Bozak is the player that allows his wingers to be successful with his defensive play and smarts. Another poster who equates scoring to being a good player. :laugh:

wulfio*

i will do his team for him.

grabovski/future 2nd/ for stastny
sign scuderi
buyout liles
1st round pick/biggs/percy for ryan
bolland trade
no bernier trade

jvr-stastny-kessel
lupul-kadri-ryan
mcclement/colborne-bolland-frattin
d'amigo-colborne/mcclement-orr/mclaren

phaneuf-scuderi
gardiner-franson
reilly-fraser/gunnarson

reimer
scrivens

(no i don't think any of those trades are realistic, just what leaf fans think is realistic).

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I dont know, JVR, Lupul and Kessel all had career years playing with Bozak. Look it up, its fact. Even more strange than that, each of those wingers had better center's than Bozak, yet had better numbers with this plug in the middle? The other evidence I can show you, is that Bozak is the defensively responsible player on that first line. If he werent, teams would score more goals against than the top line can produce. Not to mention Bozak is good on faceoffs and is an important part of the PK. Its a joke really, people chirp and complain that Bozak doesnt score more, hence he sucks. Scoring is not, and has not been a problem for the Leafs. Bozak is the player that allows his wingers to be successful with his defensive play and smarts. Another poster who equates scoring to being a good player. :laugh:

they all had career years playing with kessel, not Bozak, in lupul's case it was only 18 games this year and Kadri did more than good enough for him. I'm arguing that he's not a 1st line center (arguable if he's even a top 6 forward), and doesn't address our long term needs.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
they all had career years playing with kessel, not Bozak, in lupul's case it was only 18 games this year and Kadri did more than good enough for him. I'm arguing that he's not a 1st line center (arguable if he's even a top 6 forward), and doesn't address our long term needs.

Do your homework, look at Lupul last season, not the most recent. How could Kessel not have a career year with a very talented and healthy Savard at the time, if it is Kessel doing all the heavy lifting anyway? :laugh: You're not making any sense. It is fair to say Bozak is not a number one center, but what doesnt that matter? He is playing well in the middle, his linemates are doing extremely well with him there, and Bozak plays special teams, and is good defensively. He may not be your prototypical number 1, but he is doing what he needs to. I dont recall Anaheim fans chirping when Andy Macdonald was their number one center?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad