Dominique Ducharme. Interim head coach of the Habs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
We had over 40 shots and doubled the Jets in shots on the road for chrissakes. There was definite progress.

We've been outshooting and killing teams at 5 on 5 all year, hell for a couple of years. Crappy finishing and horrible special teams were what doomed Julien and this organization. Starting Danault and Armia 3 on 3 reeks of the same old mindset. We'll see.

Reactions: dinodebino

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
We've been outshooting and killing teams at 5 on 5 all year, hell for a couple of years. Crappy finishing and horrible special teams were what doomed Julien and this organization. Starting Danault and Armia 3 on 3 reeks of the same old mindset. We'll see.

Fwiw I do think the Habs outplayed the Jets. I don't think it was just an out shots thing like we saw mnay times out of Julien. But the overtime was so bad I cannot give him the benefit of the doubt. Just pathetic.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Crappy finishing is down to not having any real offensive threat on the roster.. Which is down to crappy drafting and draft position.. Which is down to not committing to a proper rebuild..

Which won't change with the men currently in charge of this team.

Which means we are f***ed.

Reactions: expy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
We could have had 100x the shots. It’s not the quantity that matters, is the quality. Hence why they doubled us in goals.

Yes...they doubled us in goals because of a 3 on 3 OT goal. I'm sorry about your unrealistic expectations. Did you even watch the 3rd period? We ran into a hot goalie.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I’ve been trying to defend him but I got nothing on that OT selection

He is winning that interim head coaching job if he doesn’t start making decisions to win games

Reactions: dinodebino

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
He seems to love Danault.

We ran into a goalie who actually earns his 6 mill salary.

Hellebuyck didn't play exceptional tonight; he didn't need to...made a couple of "good" saves, but most were of the shots he faced were the average, low percentage shot type that beer leaguers make...firing 50 shots from shyte position doesn't make a goalie's life hard, it actually helps them keep a feel for the puck while not taxing them much...

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Hellebuyck didn't play exceptional tonight; he didn't need to...made a couple of "good" saves, but most were of the shots he faced were the average, low percentage shot type that beer leaguers make...firing 50 shots from shyte position doesn't make a goalie's life hard, it actually helps them keep a feel for the puck while not taxing them much...

Oh I totally agree.

But if Price were in nets for the Jets... ehhhhh.. I'll be nice.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
losing Anderson really hurts, one of the few talented finishers on the team. him and Toffoli, really. after that there's a big drop-off

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Lol. With average NHL goaltending Julien would have been 11-3-3. Can't see Habs improving on that? Maybe short term at best.
Price didn't help Habs cause, but Montreal has scored 19 goals in their last 9 games. That's 2.11 goal a game. That's Detroit territory (30th in the league). There is only two teams in the league with lower GAA to compensate for such low goal scoring (Tampa and Vegas). "Average goaltending" doesn't save you from that, as shown by Allen performance tonight.So our problem isn't only defensively and in front of the net. We have been sucking offensively since the hot 10 games streak at the start of the season.

Reactions: Tighthead

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Price didn't help Habs cause, but Montreal has scored 19 goals in their last 9 games. That's 2.11 goal a game. That's Detroit territory (30th in the league). There is only two teams in the league with lower GAA to compensate for such low goal scoring (Tampa and Vegas). "Average goaltending" doesn't save you from that, as shown by Allen performance tonight.So our problem isn't only defensively and in front of the net. We have been sucking offensively since the hot 10 games streak at the start of the season.
Believe it or not when your goalie continually lays eggs it can destroy a teams confidence and even impact scoring. I know some of those games Allen was in net, but if your confidence is already shattered it is hard to change your style no matter who is in net on any given night. They’ll get going again.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Believe it or not when your goalie continually lays eggs it can destroy a teams confidence and even impact scoring. I know some of those games Allen was in net, but if your confidence is already shattered it is hard to change your style no matter who is in net on any given night. They’ll get going again.

Believe it or not, when your team continually lays eggs it can destroy a goalie's confidence.
This team has been laying WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more eggs than Price in the last 3-4 years.

At some point, if you can't win if your goalie is not standing on his head, it's on the team.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yes...they doubled us in goals because of a 3 on 3 OT goal. I'm sorry about your unrealistic expectations. Did you even watch the 3rd period? We ran into a hot goalie.

Habs were the best shooting team in the NHL and ne of the team allowing the least shot on goal prior to Ducharme getting the coaching job.

So it's nothing new here.

We did ran into a hot goalie, yet the only goal we scored on him was a gift that should have never enter.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Believe it or not, when your team continually lays eggs it can destroy a goalie's confidence.
This team has been laying WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more eggs than Price in the last 3-4 years.

At some point, if you can't win if your goalie is not standing on his head, it's on the team.
This is a crock of kaka. Price's confidence wasn't shot during the bubble. how come the horror of playing behind this terrible defense didn't affect him then. Price has trouble handling expectations.

Allen's play this year proves this is not a crappy defense. It's not the best but it's probably in the 10-12 range. During Gainey's, Gauthier's and MB's tenure every time the Habs had an above-average team, Price choked and laid eggs. He seems to play well only when we have a terrible team. The minute there are expectations placed on him and the team he folds like one of the patio chairs that Patches uses during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad