Dominique Ducharme. Interim head coach of the Habs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The fact that he used a usually mellow morning skate for a tactical practice means he's already changing things a tad.
Buuuuuut, until proven otherwise, I still believe that MB was visited by some vets because they did not like usage (the supposedly ficticious examples given by Lats on TVA). Thus the reason why we are seeing the actual lineup.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Give him time ffs...

A rookie coach giving his vet a last xhance of turning this around. Whats wrong? Give him a couple weeks ffs
Not what I saw, he was doubling down on the absolute wrong players. PD 22 minutes really. Unless that is a fistfull of rope that is some dubious TOI when KK is barely getting 13. That is almost double. Suz had 19 but even then it could have been cut down.

Reactions: Runner77

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I doubt coaching change will make any difference long term. Habs were 9-4-3 under Julien with Price having a .893% save percentage. Julien should be slam dunk for Jack Adam's.

Habs 5 on 5 play not that bad. It's speciality teams been hurting them. Especially the penalty kill. The only reason Kirk Muller lasted these last 2 seasons here is because of his name.

Julien hung out to dry over Price's netminding and Muller's inability to run a powerplay.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I doubt coaching change will make any difference long term. Habs were 9-4-3 under Julien with Price having a .893% save percentage. Julien should be slam dunk for Jack Adam's.

Habs 5 on 5 play not that bad. It's speciality teams been hurting them. Especially the penalty kill. The only reason Kirk Muller lasted these last 2 seasons here is because of his name.

Julien hung out to dry over Price's netminding and Muller's inability to run a powerplay.
Pretty much..

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Why wouldn't the rookie coach look to get his young Cs going instead? Honestly, the fact that he showed faith in Danault for a game isn't the issue but a season high in ice time? I don't get it. Ducharme may prove to be a good coach over time but not a great start and especially when you consider that he's been behind the bench all season, he knows what the deal is.

It's almost like he saw everything going on and thought "Julien doesn't get it, we need MORE Danault and Chiarot/Weber!"
I’ve actually got a bigger issue with Chiarot’s ice time, but yeah Danault should never see 20 minutes.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Here's a thought, and any GM with an IQ above room temp would have though of this...

Fire your coach right before the week long holiday, so the new guy has 7 days to work with his new club? Bergetard was contemplating it before the break, so why wait for that 'one' loss to pull the trigger, instead of before the layoff? What a tool of a GM, I mean really.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not what I saw, he was doubling down on the absolute wrong players. PD 22 minutes really. Unless that is a fistfull of rope that is some dubious TOI when KK is barely getting 13. That is almost double. Suz had 19 but even then it could have been cut down.
If the VPs nephew is working for you and is crap but thinks he’s great you can try and hide him in the file room and make everyone mad or you can get him to work on a critical project so his performance is on full display. If he turns it around great if he doesn’t the cats out of the bag he’s useless and you can do what you want.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
If the VPs nephew is working for you and is crap but thinks he’s great you can try and hide him in the file room and make everyone mad or you can get him to work on a critical project so his performance is on full display. If he turns it around great if he doesn’t the cats out of the bag he’s useless and you can do what you want.
Considering tonight’s lines, the uselessness of the last game wasn’t enough. Guy has been here for a couple of years and knows EXACTLY what he’s getting from Scott Danault. I expected more.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
The forwards weren't the main issue in that game, our defense, discipline and goaltending were the reason we lost. Up until the 3rd period were leading and answered goal for goal. Then the wheels came off, a band bounce, bad clearing attempts or none at all, missed coverage and a couple of softies from Price killed us.

Discipline in all zones and facets of the game, along with breaking up the Chiarot and Weber pairing will be the key to us winning again.

Pacciosoftie

Curved Dach
Oct 26, 2017
It kind of makes sense for Dom to heavily lean on his vets, especially now when he’s first starting off. He probably figures there’s more chances of his vets doing well vs the rookies. And in this shortened season maybe he doesn’t want to take any chances with rookie mistakes etc. He’s also looking to try to secure his job for next season. He’s looking to try to get these vets going as much as possible. And if he upsets these entitled vets, they’ll call for his head to MB and MB will be forced to find a new coach again for next season. I’m not saying I agree to this but I can see why he’d take this approach. Instead of coming in and trying to make dramatic changes including reducing vets icetime, he’s taking the safe route.

He’d rather lose going all-in with his vets rather than with the rookies. He can be fully blamed if he goes all-in with the rookies, whereas he can only be partly blamed if he goes with the vets, as they have proven to be better before, especially the Danault line.

That’s just my take. However, I don’t agree with that approach as it screams taking the safe and easy way out.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Considering tonight’s lines, the uselessness of the last game wasn’t enough. Guy has been here for a couple of years and knows EXACTLY what he’s getting from Scott Danault. I expected more.
I’m with you on what I want to see but there’s always politics you have to play. I call it boiling frogs (and nothing related to the French before anyone gets excited). If you throw a frog in boiling water he jumps out, if you put him in cold water and turn the temp up slowly he thinks he’s having a spa day till he cooks. I give Dom 2 weeks to show me something.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Here's a thought, and any GM with an IQ above room temp would have though of this...

Fire your coach right before the week long holiday, so the new guy has 7 days to work with his new club? Bergetard was contemplating it before the break, so why wait for that 'one' loss to pull the trigger, instead of before the layoff? What a tool of a GM, I mean really.
The story of his tenure. Very little foresight, seldom proactive and always reactive.

Reactions: Miller Time

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
he's playing Chiarot way too f***ing much, he needs to be relegated to the 3rd pairing yesterday, no more than 17min a night, even that might be high

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I can’t believe I rooted for you. You f***ing suck as a coach.

Reactions: SB164

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Awful OT usage, inexplicable.

On the positive side, Suzuki 21 minutes and Danault 15:32. That's a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad