Dominique Ducharme. Interim head coach of the Habs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Believe it or not, when your team continually lays eggs it can destroy a goalie's confidence.
This team has been laying WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more eggs than Price in the last 3-4 years.

At some point, if you can't win if your goalie is not standing on his head, it's on the team.
Let’s agree to disagree, Price’s play has been in the toilet for 3-4 years, but I guess you don’t get much for 10.5m these days.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This is a crock of kaka. Price's confidence wasn't shot during the bubble. how come the horror of playing behind this terrible defense didn't affect him then. Price has trouble handling expectations.

Allen's play this year proves this is not a crappy defense. It's not the best but it's probably in the 10-12 range. During Gainey's, Gauthier's and MB's tenure every time the Habs had an above-average team, Price choked and laid eggs. He seems to play well only when we have a terrible team. The minute there are expectations placed on him and the team he folds like one of the patio chairs that Patches uses during the summer.

This is also a crock of kaka

The Habs NEVER had an above average team since Price was here.
Tell me which version it was?

The one with Gomez an Plekanec as top 6 center or the one with Desharnais and Plekanec?
Or maybe it was the one with Danault - Drouin, right?

Price never had an above average team and everytime they look good is because either Price won 25% of that year'S trophees or Halak was doing backflip in front of the net.

Price has been dealing with that for 8 years, Allen has been dealing with for 8 weeks.
You know Allen just lost his 3 last games and he's been playing well, that could get heavy in the long run.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Let’s agree to disagree, Prices play has been in the toilet for 3-4 years, but I guess you don’t get much for 10.5m these days.

Of course, Danault, Drouin, Domi as top 6 center....
Mete as a top pairing D....

We should have won and made the playoff every year.

Reactions: Vachon23

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm inclined to give Ducharme some rope as he's a new coach and he should be allowed to make a few mistakes. As long as he repairs them by game #5 I'll be fine with it.

Danault was also one of three players that spoke to Bergevin to get Julien fired. So it may be that Ducharme has a mandate from Bergevin to support Danault. That will last some time though ultimately Danault is just not very good, so Ducharme should figure things out.

I'll note that Lars Eller was never a Danault-level crybaby.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I'm inclined to give Ducharme some rope as he's a new coach and he should be allowed to make a few mistakes. As long as he repairs them by game #5 I'll be fine with it.

Danault was also one of three players that spoke to Bergevin to get Julien fired. So it may be that Ducharme has a mandate from Bergevin to support Danault. That will last some time though ultimately Danault is just not very good, so Ducharme should figure things out.

The difference is that Eller knew his role. Danault on the other hand think he's the second coming of Sergei Fedorov

Now Phil is a decent 2 way player but he sees himself bigger than he really is when the truth is that he only reached 50pts once in his career.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Worse than that is Price as #1 goalie.

Even Connor McDavid can't save a team from garbage goaltending.

McDavid is actually doing it right now....just saying. Koskinen has 90.1% with a 3.26 GAA.
But it takes more than McDavid, he got Draisaitl to help him do it.

Just like it took more than a goalie to help that sucking team that we have.
Look at Allen, never had more than 2 goals to help him in his last 4 starts and that's why he got 3 lost in those 4 games.

I honestly don't care that much about Price.
Just like I didn't care at all about Julien either.

I didn't think a coaching change would change anything
I don't think a goalie change would change anything either.
Fix the real problems first.

Trade Price all you want, that team won't win with Chiarot or Edmundson on your top pairing.
This team won't win with Danault playing top 6 minutes cause the other center are too green.
This team won't win if their top line winger score 2 goals per 20 games (8 goals a year)
This team won't win without a good PP and that won't happen without a good D-men to QB the PP
And this team won't win if they keep taking 5 penalties every games.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020

There were players who talked to Bergevin about firing Julien? I must have missed that, was that written in an article somewhere?

Reactions: Vachon23

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
McDavid is actually doing it right now....just saying. Koskinen has 90.1% with a 3.26 GAA.

Look at Allen, never had more than 2 goals to help him in his last 4 starts and that's why he got 3 lost in those 4 games.

Trade Price all you want, that team won't win with Chiarot or Edmundson on your top pairing.
This team won't win with Danault playing top 6 minutes cause the other center are too green.
This team won't win if their top line winger score 2 goals per 20 games (8 goals a year)
This team won't win without a good PP and that won't happen without a good D-men to QB the PP

Edmonton has a better goalie than Montreal.

If Price were paid his worth, the Habs would also have a better team in front of the goalie. They might have Taylor Hall for example, whom the Habs came close to signing.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Edmonton has a better goalie than Montreal.

If Price were paid his worth, the Habs would also have a better team in front of the goalie. They might have Taylor Hall for example, whom the Habs came close to signing.

Edmonton has better forwards and a better D than the Habs.

And in case you've missed it, the Habs had Price's salary completely open for 3-4 years, didn't even had to trade him to get that money and we didn't get a Taylor Hall or it didn't made this team any better.....maybe if Bergevin did something with that money, we would had a better team for the last 3-4 years and we wouldn't be talking about Price or Julien either.

And for the record, trade Price, you still need to get a real #1 goalie especially with that kind of defense, you will still spend 5-6M to get one. So that leaves you with a extra 5M only, you think $5M is enough to turn this team into a contender?

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Listening to his press conferences, he doesn't seem to have the head coach persona.

Putting daneault and armia in ot is troublesome, but the real decision is whos us the starting goalie next game

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I knew it was a loss once Danault and Armia were on in OT. Playing not to lose over trying to win.

Reactions: expy

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
The difference is that Eller knew his role. Danault on the other hand think he's the second coming of Sergei Fedorov

Now Phil is a decent 2 way player but he sees himself bigger than he really is when the truth is that he only reached 50pts once in his career.
If I remember correctly, Eller wanted a more offensive role too when he was with the Habs, he kept saying he could score more, produce more offense. Anyways, I'm willing to give Ducharme a few weeks to see how the team transforms under him, we have to be a bit patient here.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

I'd take Eller over Dano ainec

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Edmonton has better forwards and a better D than the Habs.

And in case you've missed it, the Habs had Price's salary completely open for 3-4 years, didn't even had to trade him to get that money and we didn't get a Taylor Hall or it didn't made this team any better.....maybe if Bergevin did something with that money, we would had a better team for the last 3-4 years and we wouldn't be talking about Price or Julien either.

And for the record, trade Price, you still need to get a real #1 goalie especially with that kind of defense, you will still spend 5-6M to get one. So that leaves you with a extra 5M only, you think $5M is enough to turn this team into a contender?

That's Pietrangelo or Krug instead of Edmunson.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That's Pietrangelo or Krug instead of Edmunson.

And that wouldn't be enough to be a contender.....and it's not like you have money that you can suddenly top players.
You forgot that we had wayyyyyyyy much more money available for 4 years and we still haven't got anything for it.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019

Now, that's telling it like it really is. Hope everyone reads your opinion. It's the team in a nutshell.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So we have discussed how Ducharme has started things off as a " dont lose " kind of coach, when he was described as a " go win" kind of guy who would accept mistakes , play aggressively and play young guys.

See how the season goes.

But if Ducharme stays on this course, I will be done with Quebecois coaches as for me it will mean there is some Quebec Coaching Institute where ALL Quebecois coaches must go to earn their trade and they all learn to coach the same putrid way.

I never thought I would say that as it appears impossible, but the evidence mounts and I hate this damn philosophy in coaching.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019

Where did you hear or read that Danault and others spoke to MB to get Julien fired?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Listening to his press conferences, he doesn't seem to have the head coach persona.

Putting daneault and armia in ot is troublesome, but the real decision is whos us the starting goalie next game
Dom Dom’s strategy was salient, gain possession of the puck and swap forwards quickly to take advantage - Danault based on historical trend is the best option Habs presently have at faceoffs.

Many times a good strategy doesn’t result in equally good or better execution / result...need to separate the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad