Speculation: Dominik Kahun

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
we have two guys that can play C but arent right now...Kahun and Hayden. Hayden should absolutely be playing center for the love of God...just start playing him there on the 4th line..let Kruger take the draws and have Hayden take the responsibility with his size and see what he can do..he played it at times for the USNDP and college..

knowing we have two young guys that can play center should make AA expendable at some point..but you can't move AA until you know you have someone to replace him, and neither Kruger or Kampf is that...maybe Johnson, but rather see what Hayden could do or eventually Kahun.
What's Q deal with Hayden. I agree ... Hayden should be on the 4th line with Kruger and probably Kampf. They would complement each other well.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What's Q deal with Hayden. I agree ... Hayden should be on the 4th line with Kruger and probably Kampf. They would complement each other well.
that is something none of us have been able to answer yet..we just do not know why he doesn't try Hayden at center. Hayden has a high IQ, the size you covet for a pivot, and can crash the net and get some dirty goals...maybe they were worried about his speed and skating prior, but from what I have seen this year, his balance has improved as well as has his speed...he isn't lumbering around out there..and has played it for a few years prior at pretty high levels.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Speed doesn't matter if you can't bury your chances. I'm not closing the door on Fortin, but he needs to finish.
Fortin is 21. I think Olyczk was right on when he said Fortin was a lot like Stahlberg. Stahlberg's hands weren't the best either. However, he put pressure on the defense with his speed and could defend.

Fortin is not going to be any more than a third line forward ... but his skillsets are needed on this team.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Fortin is 21. I think Olyczk was right on when he said Fortin was a lot like Stahlberg. Stahlberg's hands weren't the best either. However, he put pressure on the defense with his speed and could defend.

Fortin is not going to be any more than a third line forward ... but his skillsets are needed on this team.
i can see him as a 4th liner if he can improve his D.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

Stalberg is a good comparison -- agreed.

Hopefully not Tony Salmelainen.

Reactions: BK

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Not sure why he hasn't been tried at C, but I'm assuming it's because the 1st line is playing really well..
But, I still think that 1st line would be great with a lesser player there.

Because AA is blocking him and staff wants to ease him in at wing. But, yeah, he's the prime candidate to replace AA at center.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I like him, but I think he's playing over his head. If Kahun is on your 3rd line, you've got a great, deep team.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Kahun has been a great value and a solid top 6 guy (for the moment) --- like others have said, there is not a great deal of dat yet (too few games). but... so far, so good. I like him.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Kahun has been a great value and a solid top 6 guy (for the moment) --- like others have said, there is not a great deal of dat yet (too few games). but... so far, so good. I like him.

Yes, what's there not to like? He's been good across the board. If he can keep up his good play at C, think a Fortin-Kahun-Sikura line could feast.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i still think that it is best to play Kahun hot hand until it gets cold.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
i still think that it is best to play Kahun hot hand until it gets cold.

I agree, keep him there for now. But there seems to be near consensus that he’s 3rd line talent.

So we shouldn’t get too upset if/when he gets dropped in the lineup. He’s still going to be a solid contributor in the top-9 over the next two seasons.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I agree, keep him there for now. But there seems to be near consensus that he’s 3rd line talent.

So we shouldn’t get too upset if/when he gets dropped in the lineup. He’s still going to be a solid contributor in the top-9 over the next two seasons.

It's very early in his NHL career but I see a top 6 player in Kahun. He plays a responsible and efficient game.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Granted this is a very early thread on Kahun ... when he was playing well ... but this is a very positive thread. I think most of the board has the right to question the Kahun - Maata trade.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Granted this is a very early thread on Kahun ... when he was playing well ... but this is a very positive thread. I think most of the board has the right to question the Kahun - Maata trade.

What? Why wouldn’t people have the right?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
What? Why wouldn’t people have the right?
Because it's a message board ... and most posters have a favorable impression of Kahun. IF Maata is on the decline due to serious injuries, I can see why posters are befuddled by the move.

I don't know much about Maata. However, I see why some people are confused trading Kahun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad