Speculation: Dominik Kahun

migi

Feb 25, 2015
So apparently this guy is pretty good player? Tonight against slow Ducks I think he had the best game so far. He has skills. A lot.

No need to humble brag but... I see this coming my friends.

PS: couldn’t find better prefix for this.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
So apparently this guy is pretty good player? Tonight against slow Ducks I think he had the best game so far. He has skills. A lot.

No need to humble brag but... I see this coming my friends.

PS: couldn’t find better prefix for this.
The best description for Kahun is "glue guy." With Toews and Cat playing the way they are ... Kahun is a good fit. I figure Kahun could do well with Kane too.

Kahun is not going to wow you with anything special ... but he's a solid forward who plays on both ends.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Cautiously optimistic. I've been let down before after players got a good few weeks here (remember when Sekac (spelling?) was good for that little bit of time?). He's no Panarin, but if he keeps it up, he could be a 40-50pt guy. Certainly an asset I didn't realize we had until the season started.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
he kinda reminds me of cogliano some but I think Kahun has a higher ceiling

there were a few of us here that were talking him up, I was stoked when we signed him.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Cautiously optimistic. I've been let down before after players got a good few weeks here (remember when Sekac (spelling?) was good for that little bit of time?). He's no Panarin, but if he keeps it up, he could be a 40-50pt guy. Certainly an asset I didn't realize we had until the season started.
Kahun is better than Cakes. Maybe he can turn out to be a Troy Murray type of forward minus his insane '85 season.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kahun is better than Cakes. Maybe he can turn out to be a Troy Murray type of forward minus his insane '85 season.
Oh I know he's better, but Cakes is an example of a forward who we all thought was the shit when he first came here and then just dropped off the face of the planet. I'm keeping my expectations in check, even though I've really liked what I've seen from #24.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
The best description for Kahun is "glue guy." With Toews and Cat playing the way they are ... Kahun is a good fit. I figure Kahun could do well with Kane too.

Kahun is not going to wow you with anything special ... but he's a solid forward who plays on both ends.

The "Anisimov" on that line per say.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He's a great playmaker imo.

Just waiting for him to get a chance at a shootout. That's his hidden specialty.

he does have above average playmaking skills IMO and is defensively responsible to boot.

I also hear that shootouts are a strength of his

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Is Kahun a natural center? If he is ... that opens a lot possibilities for the future, especially if Saad decides to play like he can.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Yes he is and if I remember correctly, he's decent at faceoffs too.

True. In Traverse City he was a beast at circle.

He reminds me a lot of Teräväinen with much more attitude and hustle. And Dom is much more better without the puck in O-zone. He makes those little plays with the puck.

I’m comparing Teuvo in Hawks to Kahun. Not Canes-Teuvo because havent seen him that much.

I see Kahun eventually as middle-6 forward here but it’s nice to see that he is keeping up with Toews and Cat. If he keeps it going, it’s huge going forward. Would like to see him as center though.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He's no Panarin, but finding a .5 ppg player for free is good enough for me.

Kahun is a Center, he was in the DEL. I don't think he's a C in the NHL.
Glad Ipumped up the right guy this time. I don't think he's just on a streak, he's too talented.
Speedy player with Vision, needs to work on his shoot to be more of a threat and going into one on ones.

One of the few German players I really think has a chance to stick in the NHL right now (Draisaitl is another level)

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure why he hasn't been tried at C, but I'm assuming it's because the 1st line is playing really well..
But, I still think that 1st line would be great with a lesser player there.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not sure why he hasn't been tried at C, but I'm assuming it's because the 1st line is playing really well..
i disagree..... just look back at the last several yrs of playing .... meaning that 1 st line was a black hole.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
i disagree..... just look back at the last several yrs of playing .... meaning that 1 st line was a black hole.
The first line didn't have a DeBrincat in the last few years, that's a big difference.

But I do agree somewhat in that I don't want a player at a lower level than Kahun playing on the RW. If anything, I'd want a better player there if Kahun is moved to a different line.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That was when Toews was struggling for whatever reason. I'm confident Toews is back.

The ideal would be putting Cat - Toews - Awakened Saad on the first line.

If Kahun is a legitmate NHL center ... pair him up with Kane. Kane can make any average "other" wing work.

Then you can pair Anisimov and Schmaltz on the 3rd line.

Kruger can lead the checking line.

The Hawks need more speed. Fortin needs to play somewhere.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

Probably because it is easier to adjust to the speed of the NHL game at wing rather than C.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That was when Toews was struggling for whatever reason. I'm confident Toews is back.

The ideal would be putting Cat - Toews - Awakened Saad on the first line.

If Kahun is a legitmate NHL center ... pair him up with Kane. Kane can make any average "other" wing work.

Then you can pair Anisimov and Schmaltz on the 3rd line.

Kruger can lead the checking line.

The Hawks need more speed. Fortin needs to play somewhere.
we have two guys that can play C but arent right now...Kahun and Hayden. Hayden should absolutely be playing center for the love of God...just start playing him there on the 4th line..let Kruger take the draws and have Hayden take the responsibility with his size and see what he can do..he played it at times for the USNDP and college..

knowing we have two young guys that can play center should make AA expendable at some point..but you can't move AA until you know you have someone to replace him, and neither Kruger or Kampf is that...maybe Johnson, but rather see what Hayden could do or eventually Kahun.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad