Player Discussion Dominik Kahun should play LW on the first line.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Keep the top 6 the same for next game. If both Kahun and Jesse start scoring we will have 2 dominant lines.

Neal - Turris - Kassian has potential if Turris would get it together. He's pulling that line down.

Haas as the 4th Centre is good.
Chaison can sit, never been a fan.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kahun this season thus far, all EV #; 2G 1A +5 and we're paying him peanuts.

RNH. EV 2G 2A -3 and we're paying him 6M bucks a year to be the worst player on our first unit PP. Where he collects most of his pts.

Seems to me we could slot somebody else on first unit PP, and not miss a beat. been noticing that Kahun is a better all zone winger than Nuge is as well.

But let it sink in. Kahun gets zero first unit PP time with the best players in hockey. Nuge gets all of it. But Kahun as recently as this week was being called Tobias Kahun here.

Kahun is already being a better player here than the 6m dollar boy. In only 11 games with the club.
PP was 4/5 last night, and coming on. First in the league last year, with near historical percentage. All with Nuge being one of the 5 on it. Not sure what the issue is.

And a few short games ago, Kahun hadn't scored in his first 9 games. Valid comparison/ poking fun at the time. Reider has had productive seasons in this league and has solid skills (has 3 goals this year), yet couldn't translate that to his entire year here, and also played mostly bottom line minutes. Let's not get carried away after a couple fortunate goals (one right after a fan, and the other a deflection off of an opponents stick. Kahun is a decent player, but after moving around the league (4th team in 3 years), it's looking encouraging, but still in a wait and see mode.

I still believe a better fit for him would be on the McDavid line, and vice-versa for Nuge.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
PP was 4/5 last night, and coming on. First in the league last year, with near historical percentage. All with Nuge being one of the 5 on it. Not sure what the issue is.

And a few short games ago, Kahun hadn't scored in his first 9 games. Valid comparison/ poking fun at the time. Reider has had productive seasons in this league and has solid skills (has 3 goals this year), yet couldn't translate that to his entire year here, and also played mostly bottom line minutes. Let's not get carried away after a couple fortunate goals (one right after a fan, and the other a deflection off of an opponents stick. Kahun is a decent player, but after moving around the league (4th team in 3 years), it's looking encouraging, but still in a wait and see mode.

I still believe a better fit for him would be on the McDavid line, and vice-versa for Nuge.

Quite a few people on this board were ready to send Kahun packing already, the "player is garbage" comments were fully out, and people calling him Tobias Kahun. Yeah real welcoming comments within his first 9gp. Not sure what it was about either, and I guess it goes about as deep as He's German, and he didn't score right away. That seemed to be the only connection, and not that it was valid or indicative of anything. Reider played much of his time here injured, and his speed has never the same that season. The speed was how Tobias got many of his scoring chances.

I'm not thinking we're going to turn Kahun into any sniper but he is a solid Swiss Army knife player that plays the game right and is conditioned to limit GA. His peak is probably 40pts. Probably lower than that here due to what our 2nd unit PP looks like when it even gets 20secs..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They certainly have something going. The results are coming in slowly

Skill meshing requires more time, Again no exhibition season this year. We can see the lines are starting to work a bit better together, particularly Drai line. PP has looked better. We're executing plays we were not making before due to rust. The team has only played 15 games in the last 11mths. It takes time. Teams that play more rudimentary checking games like Montreal, they were going to arrive early, they need to get their points in the standings first 20GP. My take is they will have a harder time when teams with more high skill players start getting sharp.

I still think we see Montreal drop from where they are. Looks like they could be in the mix for a playoff spot but I think Toronto finishes first. Oilers, Jets, Flames push. Nucks struggling right now, they should get better too.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Quite a few people on this board were ready to send Kahun packing already, the "player is garbage" comments were fully out, and people calling him Tobias Kahun. Yeah real welcoming comments within his first 9gp. Not sure what it was about either, and I guess it goes about as deep as He's German, and he didn't score right away. That seemed to be the only connection, and not that it was valid or indicative of anything. Reider played much of his time here injured, and his speed has never the same that season. The speed was how Tobias got many of his scoring chances.

I'm not thinking we're going to turn Kahun into any sniper but he is a solid Swiss Army knife player that plays the game right and is conditioned to limit GA. His peak is probably 40pts. Probably lower than that here due to what our 2nd unit PP looks like when it even gets 20secs..

Reider never got a fair shake here. He looked decent with Drai before the injury and then had to work his way up from the bottom 6 after he came back. Bobby Burgers killed any chance of him coming back for another shot (wonder if he might have).

Some fans seemed ready to write off Kahun the same way. I was disappointed with his slow start but given the nature of this season (basically no camp to build chemistry) it was too early to write him off. Also think he’s a better overall player than Reider (different players though, but have some similarities). Actually surprised that Kahun has more goals than assists so far (by one, of course), but I think it’ll be something like 15-25-40 (pace).

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Skill meshing requires more time, Again no exhibition season this year. We can see the lines are starting to work a bit better together, particularly Drai line. PP has looked better. We're executing plays we were not making before due to rust. The team has only played 15 games in the last 11mths. It takes time. Teams that play more rudimentary checking games like Montreal, they were going to arrive early, they need to get their points in the standings first 20GP. My take is they will have a harder time when teams with more high skill players start getting sharp.

I still think we see Montreal drop from where they are. Looks like they could be in the mix for a playoff spot but I think Toronto finishes first. Oilers, Jets, Flames push. Nucks struggling right now, they should get better too.
I like Kahun. I know he's going to be good with Leon and with the team. He's getting goals now and his confidence is going to an all time high

Reactions: Oilhawks

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Reider never got a fair shake here. He looked decent with Drai before the injury and then had to work his way up from the bottom 6 after he came back. Bobby Burgers killed any chance of him coming back for another shot (wonder if he might have).

Some fans seemed ready to write off Kahun the same way. I was disappointed with his slow start but given the nature of this season (basically no camp to build chemistry) it was too early to write him off. Also think he’s a better overall player than Reider (different players though, but have some similarities). Actually surprised that Kahun has more goals than assists so far (by one, of course), but I think it’ll be something like 15-25-40 (pace).

Kahun has a better brain and skill than Reider

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK

Reider won the "Best Oiler Who Never Scores" award that season. Kahn looked like he had a chance at it for the first little bit. Guessing Puljujarvi has the inside track on it now.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I still think the play if you want to move things in the top 6 is swapping Yamo and Pulju. You hope that Yamo is able to help spark things with RNH on the top line, then you’ve got Drai and Pulju together who could absolutely wear down defenders below the goal line with their size and puck protection ability. Kahun is meshing will with Drai so that combo should stay.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

Yeesh, the pearl clutching on this stuff.

People were having fun with a bad situation.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Back to the ignore bin you go. Its all you do is this driveby nonsense.

?

I don't think I've commented on something you've said in a long time.

There's just no value in your words considering you called a 19 year old player a midget, a runt then turn around and complain about people having fun during a hard time of the year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
?

I don't think I've commented on something you've said in a long time.

There's just no value in your words consdiering you called a 19 year old player a midget, a runt then turn around and complain about people having fun during a hard time of the year.

Theres no value in discussion with a person that will bring up one thing, for 10-15 yrs, not this particular thing, but you take numbers and chide people for it decades later. Your shtick, I can't be bothered, knock yourself out.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Theres no value in discussion with a person that will bring up one thing, for 10-15 yrs, not this particular thing, but you take numbers and chide people for it decades later. Your shtick, I can't be bothered, knock yourself out.

It was a year ago lol

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
What didn't you comprehend about "not this particular thing" Which I specifically stated. I was just talking about your take numbers driveby tendencies.

bye now

Well, don't say contradictory things and they won't get called out!

BYEEEE!!

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kahun is a nice fit on that line with Drai and Yamo.

If anyone deserves a promotion, it's Neal and Kassian. They've been the third and fourth best wingers behind Yamo and Kahun in the last handful of games. Throw them up there with McDavid and see what happens.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Kahun is a nice fit on that line with Drai and Yamo.

If anyone deserves a promotion, it's Neal and Kassian. They've been the third and fourth best wingers behind Yamo and Kahun in the last handful of games. Throw them up there with McDavid and see what happens.

Neal especially. Seems to play a similar style that has shown success with McDavid before. The issue is the transition game and him possibly being behind on the play. Once he's in the o-zone I think he would be money with McDavid.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Kahun has a better brain and skill than Reider
Not sure if agree. Tobias is a pretty good NHLer.

The dislike with Kahun was/is in part anger towards Tippett being stubborn and not uniting DRY line.

2 goals in 2_nights in combination with giving up on Tippett should bring people around to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad