Player Discussion Dominik Kahun should play LW on the first line.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I like his skating. I think that his quick feet would allow McDavid more transition passing options. an area the whole team needs adjustment in. I

We all know RNH Drai Yams will work. It might kickstart Yams. He looks fine, but I expected more jump from him.

If it doesn’t work, Nuge can go back up with McDavid. I’m wondering if Nuge getting a wakeup call early would help him play a more consistent scoring game early.

What’re everyone’s thoughts?

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
We’ve seen McaDavid with Hall level skill, we’ve seen him with middle six journeymen.
The one thing that we haven’t seen him with is a defence that doesn’t run through Oscar Klefbom or crumble.

I think it is worth overloading on speed and skill. Pulju can throw down and stands up for his teammates.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
It seems like it's worth a shot; that Nuge-Drai-Yamo line was so fun to watch.

I think that McLeod should be given a few games at centre this year. I honestly think that he will do well. Also, if he does show some translation in skill and this may not sit well with some, but I also feel like Ryan McLeod is ready to try as a winger with McDavid. He's always shown flashes of very impressive skating, makes some fairly good saucer passes or touches, and can drive wide at the drop of dime; the kid deserves a chance

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
We all know RNH Drai Yams will work. It might kickstart Yams. He looks fine, but I expected more jump from him.

Yamamoto doesn't need a kickstart.

He has had a couple quiet games but nothing worse than average.

Tippett is opposed to reuniting the three.

The play of the top 6 for the Oilers is probably the area of least concern on the team right now.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Yamamoto doesn't need a kickstart.

He has had a couple quiet games but nothing worse than average.

Tippett is opposed to reuniting the three.

The play of the top 6 for the Oilers is probably the area of least concern on the team right now.

Yamamoto hasn’t solidified his NHL career yet. I have 100% faith in him but his performance is not a reason to pretend the top six is performing at its peak right now.

it seems both short sighted and foolish to dismiss an idea for improvement just because it is the least concerning, especially when you consider that these are high skill players whose talent and drive would mean minimal coaching, they can find it themselves with a bit of guidance and tape review.

Since when is Tippett’s seal of approval the be all or end all? We had a poll about firing him less than ten games into the season. He’s making decisions that even his supporters (myself) don’t agree with.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
What do you mean by solidified?

Yamamoto is an NHLer no question asked. Every game this season he has played like he belongs in the top-6 in the NHL.

He has been the Oilers third best forward this season after McDrai.

I’m glad you chose the one sentence you didn’t like and focused on that. Your opinion about Yamamoto has nothing to do with the topic on hand. I’m no longer interested in discussing Yamamoto in this thread. Probably not interested in discussing Kahun with you either, considering you latch onto a sentence or two to argue something irrelevant. Your opinion isn’t so special you need to voice it at any chance. Especially offtopic.
Please feel free to post about him in a thread dedicated to him. This thread is about Kahun’s skating and the first line.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I like his skating. I think that his quick feet would allow McDavid more transition passing options. an area the whole team needs adjustment in. I

If it doesn’t work, Nuge can go back up with McDavid. I’m wondering if Nuge getting a wakeup call early would help him play a more consistent scoring game early.

What’re everyone’s thoughts?
What I and many others have been saying for a while now. Other than the odd moment on the PP, it seems we've lost Nuge. Bring more success to McDavid's line and see if the magic can ignite again on the Drai line.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kahun hasn’t produced as much as we’d like to see with Drai. But the chemistry is there, they find each other in the O zone quiet often. Ending the Drai-Kahun experiment so early when it shows much potential would be a very Oilers thing to do.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Kahun hasn’t produced as much as we’d like to see with Drai. But the chemistry is there, they find each other in the O zone quiet often. Ending the Drai-Kahun experiment so early when it shows much potential would be a very Oilers thing to do.
He scored last game so his confidence has to be at an all time high now. Only good news for us

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wouldn’t mind seeing him on the 3rd with Turris and Kassian. Seems a pretty well balanced line. Re-unite the DRY line and keep Puljujarvi with McDavid and promote Nygard.

I’d also look into trying to get Bennett. McDavid bud and plays a physical game. Could be a good cheaper option.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I wouldn’t mind seeing him on the 3rd with Turris and Kassian. Seems a pretty well balanced line. Re-unite the DRY line and keep Puljujarvi with McDavid and promote Nygard.

I’d also look into trying to get Bennett. McDavid bud and plays a physical game. Could be a good cheaper option.

Neal with 2 goals, I think that 3rd line sticks together.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Interesting. I think Kahun needs better hands to play with than Turris. Like Marner.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kahun this season thus far, all EV #; 2G 1A +5 and we're paying him peanuts.

RNH. EV 2G 2A -3 and we're paying him 6M bucks a year to be the worst player on our first unit PP. Where he collects most of his pts.

Seems to me we could slot somebody else on first unit PP, and not miss a beat. been noticing that Kahun is a better all zone winger than Nuge is as well.

But let it sink in. Kahun gets zero first unit PP time with the best players in hockey. Nuge gets all of it. But Kahun as recently as this week was being called Tobias Kahun here.

Kahun is already being a better player here than the 6m dollar boy. In only 11 games with the club.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Hes been pretty good especially the last 2 games. I like his hustle and I rarely see him make bad plays. Oilers need more players like him.

Him and Draisaitl are starting to click more. The points are going to start coming I think.

I think he would be good with McDavid as well. Hes a bit more tenacious than RNH I think so that would help McDavid. It’s honestly hard to speculate how well someone will play with McDavid though.

DRY line seemed to more dominant than what Kahun-Draisaitl-Yamamoto has shown. Not sure we will see Kahun with McDavid anytime soon though. I think its pretty bad on Tippetts part that he doesn’t even know what hes got. When the team was downright poor, I think it would of been a good time to change it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad