Player Discussion Dominik Kahun should play LW on the first line.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Llamamoto said:
Kahuna and Draisaitl have definitely shown chemistry, the points will come for him soon.​
Stoneman89 said:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That aged well.
Llamamoto, Jan 31, 2021 Report Bookmark
292 + Multi-Quote Reply
Chabot84 likes this.

I think it's aged pretty well to this point, don't you?;)
2-3-16 games
Time to flip him and the Nuge around for a bit and see what happens. If nothing else but to save the Nuge, and maybe get Yamo producing. Nuge with only 4 even strength points this year. This is unacceptable when you are lining up beside the best player in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Llamamoto said:
Kahuna and Draisaitl have definitely shown chemistry, the points will come for him soon.​
Stoneman89 said:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
That aged well.
Llamamoto, Jan 31, 2021 Report Bookmark
292 + Multi-Quote Reply
Chabot84 likes this.

I think it's aged pretty well to this point, don't you?;)
2-3-16 games
Time to flip him and the Nuge around for a bit and see what happens. If nothing else but to save the Nuge, and maybe get Yamo producing. Nuge with only 4 even strength points this year. This is unacceptable when you are lining up beside the best player in the league.

Yeah I would definitely consider flipping them, although more to jumpstart Nuge who's been pretty disappointing so far.

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Kahun this season thus far, all EV #; 2G 1A +5 and we're paying him peanuts.

RNH. EV 2G 2A -3 and we're paying him 6M bucks a year to be the worst player on our first unit PP. Where he collects most of his pts.

Seems to me we could slot somebody else on first unit PP, and not miss a beat. been noticing that Kahun is a better all zone winger than Nuge is as well.

But let it sink in. Kahun gets zero first unit PP time with the best players in hockey. Nuge gets all of it. But Kahun as recently as this week was being called Tobias Kahun here.

Kahun is already being a better player here than the 6m dollar boy. In only 11 games with the club.

The bolded is the most important part of this. Funny how you and so many others are writing off a guy who put up 0.94 points per game last season after just 11 games. Something about small sample sizes...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The bolded is the most important part of this. Funny how you and so many others are writing off a guy who put up 0.94 points per game last season after just 11 games. Something about small sample sizes...

Writing off? Nuge can be a quality player. by my estimations he could be an elite player, a PPG player. But he's rarely interested in putting forth the work it would take to be that player. This should be a star player in the NHL right now.

There isn't a player in the league, not one, that sees superior linemates EV or PP. These are plum assignents and he had 4EV pts.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Writing off? Nuge can be a quality player. by my estimations he could be an elite player, a PPG player. But he's rarely interested in putting forth the work it would take to be that player. This should be a star player in the NHL right now.

There isn't a player in the league, not one, that sees superior linemates EV or PP. These are plum assignents and he had 4EV pts.

I mean your posts have certainly sounded like you're writing off his season, but if you're not, then it might be time to take a step back... nobody thinks he's had a good start to the season, but you seem to be making far too many judgements of his value, contract, character, and all sorts of other things based on the 11-game sample.

Also, I agree with everything you said in this post except the bolded for which you have no evidence, and the testimony of literally every coach he's played under says otherwise.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Kahun has started to look more comfortable with Drai but is still a step behind mentally. The skill is there though and if he gets sorted that's a dangerous unit, but between Nuge shitting the bed with McDavid and Puljujarvi's emergence I think it might be worth elevating him temporarily. That we've seen about 30 seconds of the DRY line this season is still so baffling to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad