Post-Game Talk: DOMInator on full display- Habs win 7-4

Player of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
justice delayed, is justice denied.

And I thought your ilk was of the opinion that if someone wrongs you on the ice, you hit them as hard as you can legally.

isn't that precisely what shawsie did ? and yet you still say its his fault.

it must be nice to have a set of conduct standards that depends, predominantly, on what numbers are on your jersey.

"Justice"?? Do you think the way justice works is a person who thinks he is aggrieved does whatever he wants?

Shaw's hit for the first penalty was not legal because he jumped into his target, and his aggression on Skinner was completely uncalled for. If Skinner were on our team, you would be clamouring for more "justice".

I get that Shaw got a penalty earlier in the game for a hit that looked worse than it was, but is justice advanced by making illegal hits? By hitting the ref instead? What in your interesting mind would justice look like for an undeserved penalty?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
so someone runs price ans you look at the scoreboard to decide whether to stand up for our all star goalie ?

if so you are, by definition, a crappy teamate. if you are okay with that, that's on you.

and the rules about settling beefs on the ice are pretty clear and well known, perhaps you can have someone explain them to you ( pssst lie in the grass and get them later, isnt on the menu)
Shaw did this for himself. He didn't do this for Price or some other player. It was a selfish penalty. Period. And he does this AFTER the play. He does this because a ref misses a call.

If we lose last night we're probably out of the playoffs. Settle your little scores later.

And... if no justice is given out at all? Who cares? We have bigger things to worry about.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
4tGnFVB.gif
This GIF continues to age like good Champagne.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Shaw did this for himself. He didn't do this for Price or some other player. It was a selfish penalty. Period. And he does this AFTER the play. He does this because a ref misses a call.

If we lose last night we're probably out of the playoffs. Settle your little scores later.

And... if no justice is given out at all? Who cares? We have bigger things to worry about.

and guys who think that liberties are taken against them, settle up right then and there. like gallagher thought that hickey threw a borderline hit late in a settled game, and immediately went.
when in he hell did " lie in wait" become an acceptable response for transgression on the ice ?
oh that's right, never.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
"Justice"?? Do you think the way justice works is a person who thinks he is aggrieved does whatever he wants?

Shaw's hit for the first penalty was not legal because he jumped into his target, and his aggression on Skinner was completely uncalled for. If Skinner were on our team, you would be clamouring for more "justice".

I get that Shaw got a penalty earlier in the game for a hit that looked worse than it was, but is justice advanced by making illegal hits? By hitting the ref instead? What in your interesting mind would justice look like for an undeserved penalty?

no, I think that in the NHL the players all know what happens if you are perceived to have taken liberties, even if there are some people who don't know. even if these people post on hockey forums.

no one is arguing about going after skinner, that's a two every day of the week, but I can see a guy who gets both elbowed in the face AND the hook for a phantom call within one shift that he's probably the least likely one to put his hands in the fate of the zebras. but that's what you want, right ? to let the refs decide.

there is no doubt he was steamed, there is no doubt the altercation with skinner deserved a minor. in my mind there is no doubt the hit prior to that was clean, and if he gets the hook for that ( he did) the beef isn't with shaw, its with the refs who compounded missing an elbow with adding a phantom charging call.

saying that he" always does this" when the always is things that were done TO him, is laughable.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Don't the Avs have Ottawa's number one this year?

Yes, that's what I' like to target. I know it would take a hell of a lot more than Drouin to get it done. But Drouin, our first, pick a prospect, that has to get a conversation going. I have no earthly idea what it would take, but it would be worth a shot IF Colorado still had him at high value.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched the game today, wow that pass from Domi was a thing of beauty. It's crazy that Domi is only 4 assists away from having as many assists this year as he had points last year. It's going to be very interesting to see what he can be over the years for the Habs as he clearly was a great player in the OHL and now that he's hitting his prime or close to it if we can have a consistent 70ish pt player that's huge.

On the other hand, Drouin's play can be very frustrating and I still don't think he's going to develop in the 70ish pt player I thought he would be for us at the time of the trade. Clearly he has the skill, speed, skating to do so but the effort, smarts, just are lacking too often. Will be very interesting to see what management does with him.

It's certainly been an interesting season, Domi, Danault, Shaw all hit career highs, Petry, Benn are tied for their career highs, Drouin 1 pt away from his career high, Tatar/Leks 2 pts from their career highs, Gallagher 4 pts from his but back to back career high in goals.

Reactions: Redux91

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Grown men can't have fun ? Gotta be serious at all times, right ?
Grown men certainly can have fun, that just doesn't look like fun - to me.

When you get together with your buddies to have a good time, do you spontaneously erupt into a game of human bowling?

It's not them having fun or being spontaneous - they're performing for the fans and i have no problem with it.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Give him a little break, he brings so much to the team this season. He’s having a career year and has been the glue for us on many nights.
I know, I like what he brings and for the most part I am willing to accept that he plays a way in which 50/50 calls might go against us. Cost of doing business.

when 10/90 calls go against us, and some of out fan base blames shaw, that's beyond the pale.

he's been very good recently, but those same fans see 65 in the box and then proclaim that "he always does that" regardless if its a soft call of not, or the circumstances that lead up to it.

shaw in box = his fault 100% of the time
everyone else gets a pass, or two, or more.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know, I like what he brings and for the most part I am willing to accept that he plays a way in which 50/50 calls might go against us. Cost of doing business.

when 10/90 calls go against us, and some of out fan base blames shaw, that's beyond the pale.

he's been very good recently, but those same fans see 65 in the box and then proclaim that "he always does that" regardless if its a soft call of not, or the circumstances that lead up to it.

shaw in box = his fault 100% of the time
everyone else gets a pass, or two, or more.
Stop trying to change the subject.

He took a dumb selfish penalty last night and he does it too often. This is not about his play. It's not about his year. It's not about his contract.

It's about him not being able to control himself. Last night he could've potentially cost us a playoff spot with that little stunt. He needs to smarten up.

And other players don't get a pass on this either. If they do something dumb like this then they'll get called on it as well.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I watched the game today, wow that pass from Domi was a thing of beauty. It's crazy that Domi is only 4 assists away from having as many assists this year as he had points last year. It's going to be very interesting to see what he can be over the years for the Habs as he clearly was a great player in the OHL and now that he's hitting his prime or close to it if we can have a consistent 70ish pt player that's huge.

On the other hand, Drouin's play can be very frustrating and I still don't think he's going to develop in the 70ish pt player I thought he would be for us at the time of the trade. Clearly he has the skill, speed, skating to do so but the effort, smarts, just are lacking too often. Will be very interesting to see what management does with him.

It's certainly been an interesting season, Domi, Danault, Shaw all hit career highs, Petry, Benn are tied for their career highs, Drouin 1 pt away from his career high, Tatar/Leks 2 pts from their career highs, Gallagher 4 pts from his but back to back career high in goals.

HiwHmany playerspare having career years is both great to see, and quite revealing about how far we are from contending with this roster...

Things have gone about as well as they could accross the roster & re.injuries, and we are a borderline playoff team.

Tough decisions to make this summer, hopefully they get made wisely & not banking on best case scenarios like this season has been.

Reactions: montreal

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Stop trying to change the subject.

He took a dumb selfish penalty last night and he does it too often. This is not about his play. It's not about his year. It's not about his contract.

It's about him not being able to control himself. Last night he could've potentially cost us a playoff spot with that little stunt. He needs to smarten up.

And other players don't get a pass on this either. If they do something dumb like this then they'll get called on it as well.
When he’s playing smart hockey he is a great asset. The coaching staff is going threw that penalty with him. It’s like a kid, you have to keep repeating yourself till it sinks in, and even then, it’s always a go to habit. It will never sink in 100%, it’s his instinct to fight when attacked, he’s a fighter. But yes I agree that he MUST maintain a level head to be on this team. We don’t want the bad Shaw that we have seen in the past.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
That's the funny thing about avatars, you start associating posters with the pics they have if they've got it long enough.

Oh crap, maybe it's time I get a new avatar :laugh: I miss my family guy (evil) monkey, wearing a Habs jersey. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad