Player of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
What a game by Domi!!! No one, I mean no one saw this coming from him this season.

Would have to think his dad played a major part in this development. Playing in a big hockey market, with that talent, and drive. Good on Max!!! This kid is the one we saw as a JR for team Canada...lights out!!

Now, off to Carolina...
Yeap! This is the kid I saw.

I don't want to jinx him but the last two games have been extremely important games and he picked up 5 points. I wonder if he'll play at this level for the rest of the year?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
People blaming him for
A) getting elbowed in the face
B) getting a phantom call against him

And THEN they go on to say " he does THAT too often"

Like really? Two things that happen TO shaw are somehow Shawsie's fault.

Then when you ask if the charging call against him was legit? Crickets.

He brought it from the very beginning, playing Andrew shaw hockey. And some people don't like that style so they dump on him for things that happen TO him. And others , who don't like physical play, join in.

We need shawsie to play the way he does. If that exposes us to more minors, so be it.

You know what is funny, no one harps on kulak dumping the puck over the glass with little pressure on him.

Curiouser and curiouser
There's a difference between criticizing his game and hating him.

He lost his cool yesterday, which happens more often to him than others on our team. These past occurrences are understandable in light of his injury history and the elbow and high stick he received last two games that were not called, but the screw got looser after that non-call. However, if he keeps performing as he has this season, I think the vast majority here won't crucify him à la Ryan White.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
For a blueliner please

What about to the Av's in some sort of package for Ottawa's first rounder? He and MacKinnon were magic together and I'm sure some of the Av's scouts would salivate at the thought (as heck, we all do of them playing together)

I'd love to get a solid d as it's one of our biggest needs, but having the #1 or #2 in next years draft could set us up for years. Plus it bumps one of the A prospects down the depth chart, which could hopefully be used to get that defenseman we need.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
There's a difference between criticizing his game and hating him.

He lost his cool yesterday, which happens more often to him than others on our team. These past occurrences are understandable in light of his injury history and the elbow and high stick he received last two games that were not called, but the screw got looser after that non-call. However, if he keeps performing as he has this season, I think the vast majority here won't crucify him à la Ryan White.

He got elbowed in the face! How else do you respond to that? Almost every player on the team would go after someone if they got elbowed in the face, it's just that Shaw always gets penalized because of who he is. If Weber did what Shaw did he wouldn't have got 2 minutes lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You can say it. Doesn't mean you'll be correct.

An educated guess is not a certainty, just a flawed opinion. Maybe I should be resorting to the divinatory arts.

You can make that comment about any post on this site.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What about to the Av's in some sort of package for Ottawa's first rounder? He and MacKinnon were magic together and I'm sure some of the Av's scouts would salivate at the thought (as heck, we all do of them playing together)

I'd love to get a solid d as it's one of our biggest needs, but having the #1 or #2 in next years draft could set us up for years. Plus it bumps one of the A prospects down the depth chart, which could hopefully be used to get that defenseman we need.
Don't the Avs have Ottawa's number one this year?

Reactions: Redux91

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think it’s really goofy and does make them look a little like a Mickey Mouse organization. But their players actually seem to enjoy it and they’re having their best season in 10 years so more power to them I guess.
I think the idea is stupid too. I really can't watch it because I'm embarrassed for the players. I mean grown men doing silly stuff like that after a game?

BUT I will say that after taking my kids (7 year old girl and 6 year old boy) to their first game at the big rink (Oil Kings), I am positive that they would enjoy something like that after the game. So I'm coming around to the idea of it, and I certainly understand it.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He got elbowed in the face! How else do you respond to that? Almost every player on the team would go after someone if they got elbowed in the face, it's just that Shaw always gets penalized because of who he is. If Weber did what Shaw did he wouldn't have got 2 minutes lol.

yeah the people who don't like shaw are just too busy to actually watch what happens, if he wears 65 and ends up in the box for ANY reason, its obviously his fault because he's a hothead. because " he does it all the time"

pshaw!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

He got elbowed? He jumped on the elbow himself would be more accurate.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Would Shea Weber do this?

Fact: Refs miss things sometimes. That doesn't mean it's okay to lose your mind in a critical moment of a must win game. Take a number, settle it next season.

It's hilarious reading all the excuses here.

- He didn't do anything
- Okay he did it but the other guy had it coming
- Okay he shouldn't have done it but it only should've been two instead of four

Just stop with this crap.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This is stupid. I know people like to appeal to Americans and pretend this stuff isn't dumb, but folks it's dumb as ****.

It don't think it gets dumber than raising your stick in the middle of the ice. Rising your stick and trying to pretend you don't really care about winning and having fun is the worst celebration i have ever seen.

Reactions: Mrb1p

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

Fact: Refs miss things sometimes. That doesn't mean it's okay to lose your mind in a critical moment of a must win game. Take a number, settle it next season.

- He didn't do anything

yeah he shouldnt hit anyone for fear of a bad call going his way. Ever. better to play it meek ans safe. stay to the outside, never initiate contanct.
that's the way to maximize shaw! make him an aphysical winger, who takes all kinds of punishment and then looks to the refs for help
don't we have enough of those types of players as it is ?

And, I suspect you wont answer but that charge call on him, you think that was legit ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think the idea is stupid too. I really can't watch it because I'm embarrassed for the players. I mean grown men doing silly stuff like that after a game?

BUT I will say that after taking my kids (7 year old girl and 6 year old boy) to their first game at the big rink (Oil Kings), I am positive that they would enjoy something like that after the game. So I'm coming around to the idea of it, and I certainly understand it.
Grown men can't have fun ? Gotta be serious at all times, right ?

Reactions: the

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Gallagher is a grinder
Scores at a forty goals pace with a 3rd line C

Choose one.

This guy is ****ing elite.
It's the one thing CJ is solely responsible for: turning Gallagher into Marchand II.

Once he gets his 1C, Gallagher gonna be a top 10 point getter in the league.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

- He didn't do anything

From my vantage point(which is the same as y'alls) I thought that Shaw ran into the guys elbow and the Buffalo player didn't even see him. I thought that Shaw acted in a very immature manner with his actions after that exchange and it could have cost us much more.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Not sure what's hard for you to understand here.

Take a number. Settle it later. Put the team above yourself.

It's not hard.

justice delayed, is justice denied.

And I thought your ilk was of the opinion that if someone wrongs you on the ice, you hit them as hard as you can legally.

isn't that precisely what shawsie did ? and yet you still say its his fault.

it must be nice to have a set of conduct standards that depends, predominantly, on what numbers are on your jersey.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
From my vantage point(which is the same as y'alls) I thought that Shaw ran into the guys elbow and the Buffalo player didn't even see him. I thought that Shaw acted in a very immature manner with his actions after that exchange and it could have cost us much more.
If we'd lost that game (a real possibility in that moment) Shaw would've been ripped all day long for it and deservedly so. The guy can't keep his emotions in check. He throws these kinds of tantrums all the time too.

Reactions: OldCraig71

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
WHO CARES??????

We have bigger things to worry about like making the ****ing playoffs!

How do you still not understand this?

so someone runs price ans you look at the scoreboard to decide whether to stand up for our all star goalie ?

if so you are, by definition, a crappy teamate. if you are okay with that, that's on you.

and the rules about settling beefs on the ice are pretty clear and well known, perhaps you can have someone explain them to you ( pssst lie in the grass and get them later, isnt on the menu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad