Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I like pk the player and even more so pk the person but he wasn't traded because of Racism. He was an issue in the room and ran into similar problems in Nashville against the pens last year.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Lot of blah blah blah there but here's what Price had to say about trade:

Carey Price says P.K. Subban simply didn’t fit into Canadiens’ system

Carey Price is best friends with Shea Weber. They are both from B.C. What do you want him to say? And if Price really believes that then he is a bigger tool than I thought. He clearly does not care about the team when he just robbed them blind with that monstrous contract. Yep I bet you Price wishes he had Subban back lmao

Reactions: Peanut

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

lmao that was Gallagher being a big baby and sore loser because they lost the game. I was live during the time of the trade. Gallagher had put up a tweet saying he was SHOCKED that PK was traded and needed time to process his thoughts... he deleted the tweet less that 20 minutes later and put up something more politically correct. No player will publicly speak out against their current team's management. Just not going to happen.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Is it even remotely possible that those on the team and in the room just might know a little more than you on the PK subject and he might have even learned from the experience and is now a better teammate? Or is Racism simply the answer. Now was Babcock also Racist when he played Weber at the Olympics while PK watched?
Carey Price is best friends with Shea Weber. They are both from B.C. What do you want him to say? And if Price really believes that then he is a bigger tool than I thought. He clearly does not care about the team when he just robbed them blind with that monstrous contract. Yep I bet you Price wishes he had Subban back lmao

Reactions: cobra427

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Is it even remotely possible that those on the team and in the room just might know a little more than you on the PK subject and he might have even learned from the experience and is now a better teammate? Or is Racism simply the answer. Now was Babcock also Racist when he played Weber at the Olympics while PK watched?

Hilarious! Don't you see the irony of your post? You've been chastising me all night for my bias against Bergevin but here you are trying to prove a bias existed against PK despite having no first hand knowledge... you know what they say about opinions right? Opinions are like assholes...

PK deserves more respect than he's ever gotten from that shoddy MTL organization let's just leave it at that...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Hilarious! Don't you see the irony of your post? You've been chastising me all night for my bias against Bergevin but here you are trying to prove a bias existed against PK despite having no first hand knowledge... you know what they say about opinions right? Opinions are like *******s...
I just posted two articles from key Habs players that PK was an issue, you posted who's wedding he attended? Do you think it would be hard to find something about Patch not liking PK?? I didn't question you being bias about Bergevin, I questioned you calling him a Racist.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I just posted two articles from key Habs players that PK was an issue, you posted who's wedding he attended? Do you think it would be hard to find something about Patch not liking PK?? I didn't question you being bias about Bergevin, I questioned you calling him a Racist.

Price never said that PK was an issue... he said that Weber fit the team's system better... a system that led the team to last place and Carey Price having one of the worst seasons of his career... so essentially Price was wrong...

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
100% management.

tumblr_m0wjwguRbL1qmazcxo1_400.gif

Thanks for chiming in Bryson.
I can understand your pain...
It seems that something is absolutely screwed up over there in Montreal w management. Bergy is playing checkers w chess pieces. You guys had a great team a couple of years ago. 1 bad trade will destroy a team. Never mind four...

I can understand the fans there looking for answers why. None of it makes any sense... Racism is a reach, but I can see why people there would think that... Because none of what they are doing is making sense! People try to make sense of this stuff...
Personally I do think that management there can’t tolerate large personalities though. Of any race...

The only gripe the Coyotes forum has on their GM right now is we drafted Barret Hayton instead of Zadina. We are spoiled...
And still we don’t know that’s going to work out yet.

That video of your #1 center being held up on the boards sideways is frigid hilarious!

Reactions: Peanut and Bryson

johnchayka89

Don’t Fail the Plan...
Jun 23, 2018
Scottsdale
www.nhl.com
I hope Domi pulls it together this year. Great guy, hard worker. He was are only hope a couple years ago. Him and Duclair. I really liked him. Watching his play compared to Keller last year maybe didn’t help the perception of him. Looked like he lost his confidence or something...
Throwing pucks away, poor decisions, etc.
Idk... you wouldn’t think players can find their game in Montreal. Who knows...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Price never said that PK was an issue... he said that Weber fit the team's system better... a system that led the team to last place and Carey Price having one of the worst seasons of his career... so essentially Price was wrong...
Minor detail but the Habs finished first in their division first season after trade and struggled second season. No idea how Weber playing hurt combined with Price coming off injury and first child played into that?? Naw it had to be completely because of no PK. The way you write it seems you think they traded PK for some scrub, Weber is a world class player who played through injury last year. Will he recover from that injury, I don't know.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Our old GM didn't like to sign Russians because of the difficulty in signing them when they could return to the KHL should they not get what they want. I can't at all call that racism. Labelling someone as racist stains him in a way that doesn't wash off, and shouldn't wash off if it is true. If it is false one commits a terrible affront against all of us who have suffered from racism in any form, as well as the innocent accused.
I believe we are all racist to some degree. Some more than others, some willing to admit it, some not. I can tell you one thing, living in Canada most my life, the french Canadians, Montreal and the province of Quebec want/have their own standards, beliefs etc. It doesn't make them bad people, but they want you to beat to their drum.

Reactions: Bryson

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
PK is a class act, whatever Montreal's motives were trading someone like that away were clearly the wrong ones. I have a soft spot for MTL fans.

I need a hug! :cry:

Thanks for chiming in Bryson.
I can understand your pain...
It seems that something is absolutely screwed up over there in Montreal w management. Bergy is playing checkers w chess pieces. You guys had a great team a couple of years ago. 1 bad trade will destroy a team. Never mind four...

I can understand the fans there looking for answers why. None of it makes any sense... Racism is a reach, but I can see why people there would think that... Because none of what they are doing is making sense! People try to make sense of this stuff...
Personally I do think that management there can’t tolerate large personalities though. Of any race...

The only gripe the Coyotes forum has on their GM right now is we drafted Barret Hayton instead of Zadina. We are spoiled...
And still we don’t know that’s going to work out yet.

That video of your #1 center being held up on the boards sideways is frigid hilarious!

Thanks for the kind words. You're right something definitely smells rotten with management over here. None of it makes any sense...

Yea Zadina worries me...even the habs drafted a center ahead of him....really hope he doesn't explode in this league because that would hurt lol. Next year will be heavily loaded with centers, I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to draft Zadina this year and pick a center next year...although I do have a feeling that Arizona will do better next season.

Well if nothing else Desharnais was good for a laugh! :laugh:

I hope Domi pulls it together this year. Great guy, hard worker. He was are only hope a couple years ago. Him and Duclair. I really liked him. Watching his play compared to Keller last year maybe didn’t help the perception of him. Looked like he lost his confidence or something...
Throwing pucks away, poor decisions, etc.
Idk... you wouldn’t think players can find their game in Montreal. Who knows...

I am actually shocked that the habs never even made Duclair an offer being that he is french canadian and is making only 650k, instead we get to watch our team starting the season 8 million dollars under the Cap for the second year in a row. The habs that are one of the richest teams in the league are being run like a basement team. Even both Domi and Drouin both publicly asked Bergevin to bring him to MTL. Re-uniting the old teammates made perfect sense with little risk involved but hey you know Bergy isn't racist... sorry I mean "biased" :sarcasm:

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
I like pk the player and even more so pk the person but he wasn't traded because of Racism. He was an issue in the room and ran into similar problems in Nashville against the pens last year.
Wut??? That is completely untrue. I’d like to see the quotes of what you think happened.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Wut??? That is completely untrue. I’d like to see the quotes of what you think happened.
It happened in the Final when he was pushing that BS mouthwash story and Crosby just laughed it off calling him a liar. It did not go over well with teammates as the media reported, obviously no teammates spoke about it on the record.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Minor detail but the Habs finished first in their division first season after trade and struggled second season. No idea how Weber playing hurt combined with Price coming off injury and first child played into that?? Naw it had to be completely because of no PK. The way you write it seems you think they traded PK for some scrub, Weber is a world class player who played through injury last year. Will he recover from that injury, I don't know.

Yes people keep saying that Weber is a world class player... still waiting for it to happen! On his best day he was never as good as PK Subban. If Weber doesn't recover I have no idea what they are going to do with him and that monster contract. Even the doctors on the Canadiens team are incompetent. They had Weber play with an injury for 20 games instead of shutting him down and now he's going to miss huge chunk of next season too!

Yes MTL did finish first in their division in 2016-17 when they played Galchenyuk as their #1C with Radulov, then they moved him to the wing and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs against the Rangers. Welcome to habsland!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It happened in the Final when he was pushing that BS mouthwash story and Crosby just laughed it off calling him a liar. It did not go over well with teammates as the media reported, obviously no teammates spoke about it on the record.

But this is what PK does. Having a Subban in a hockey crazy city is actually the perfect fit. He takes the spotlight on himself which allows others who don't like the spotlight to not have to deal as much with the crazy city.

I mean is it any wonder arguably his two best friends were Markov and Price, two guys who don't like the spotlight. I'm sure they loved the fact that after every game the media would surround PK and leave them mostly alone.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Yes people keep saying that Weber is a world class player... still waiting for it to happen! On his best day he was never as good as PK Subban. If Weber doesn't recover I have no idea what they are going to do with him and that monster contract. Even the doctors on the Canadiens team are incompetent. They had Weber play with an injury for 20 games instead of shutting him down and now he's going to miss huge chunk of next season too!

Yes MTL did finish first in their division in 2016-17 when they played Galchenyuk as their #1C with Radulov, then they moved him to the wing and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs against the Rangers. Welcome to habsland!
You have jumped the Shark dude.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

It's clear that poster has an axe to grind with PK. He was loved and appreciated in Montreal just like he is in Nashville I am sure.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Elaborate...
Weber was never as good as PK on his best day. I think Team Canada might disagree with you. Probably all Racists though??? There is more to being good at hockey than flashy offence. Weber is widely regarded as the top few D men of this era and I doubt one injury plagued year in Montreal will change that.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It's clear that poster has an axe to grind with PK. He was loved and appreciated in Montreal just like he is in Nashville I am sure.
I don't recall ever writing or thinking tgat fans didn't love or appreciate PK? I like the player and the person but to deny he was an issue in Montreal dressing room is just obtuse.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Remember the Preds suddenly made Subban unavailable to media after the Listerine BS.

Breaking: Former NHLer claims Subban was silenced by Preds after violating team rules.

You're nitpicking dude...That article reads like something from TMZ...sounds more like the media fishing for a story making it more of a big deal than it has to be...this is playoff hockey man...this is where rivalries are created... players play with intensity and emotion.. things get said... it's not more serious than that...let it go...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You're nitpicking dude...That article reads like something from TMZ...sounds more like the media fishing for a story making it more of a big deal than it has to be...this is playoff hockey man...this is where rivalries are created... players play with intensity and emotion.. things get said... it's not more serious than that...let it go...
No, this crap really doesn't happen much. NHL players rarely put themselves before team. PK did that and team and teammates didn't like it. I assume all parties have moved past it but many rumours that he was offered to Ottawa for Karlsson this season so who knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad