Eklund Rumor: Domi back to MTL ?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You haven't fooled anyone. You knew your original comment would create a reaction which is why you did it. You then pretend to be surprised by the reaction. That is trolling 101...so move on.
Honest to god that wasn't my intention, but you can believe what you want

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
don't see him reaching those heights again . maybe your team can take a flyer on him .
There are a lot of Hab fans who believe he's a 70 point player unless something magically changed on the flight from Montreal to Columbus.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
There are a lot of Hab fans who believe he's a 70 point player unless something magically changed on the flight from Montreal to Columbus.

In Toronto? I could see him hit 70 if he's put entirely on the top line with no defensive responsibility. I mean he was a 'Zona 50 which would be a Florida/Toronto 70 so it's no unrealistic to think he could hit it again

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I get that this is Eklund but:

1) Montreal are currently at the cap and got rid of Domi because they didn't want to resign him to a hefty contract

2) They also got rid of him because he wanted to play centre but they had but room for him in the top 6 and he was pushed to the wing

3) Montreal currently has: Toffoli, Caufield, Gallagher, Anderson, Drouin, Hoffman, Armia, Perreault, Byron and Lehkonen on the wing.

The only solution would be if:

1) Montreal isn't confident in running Suzuki, KK, Evans, Pacquette down the centre and makes the deal with the intent to play Domi as 2C or split 2/3C with KK depending on performance.

2) Columbus takes some sort of cap hit back. But there really isn't anything on Montreal's roster that they'd want to dump. The hefty contracts are either players they just acquired, their likely captain and assistant in Gallagher and Petry, untradable like Drouin and of course Price.

Paul Byron.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Domi was on the Habs before defense first mentality became a "play a 200 ft game or sit" for the coaches. We had Tatar, our most prolific scorer in the stands because he has a soft 200ft game.

Domi is all about Domi...no thank you.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Don't think there's much chance of this happening but would be open to it as a fan. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are perfectly acceptable two way C's and there's Evans for 4th line duty, I think a 3rd line built around Domi + Anderson that gets soft minutes and having Domi for PP1 would be a nice add.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not much else the Habs would offer though, don’t you think?

I'd imagine the Jackets would retain 50%, leaving Domi with a $2.65m cap hit, but they're definitely not taking on multi-year contracts like Drouin or Byron. And maybe they won't take any new players at all, they want to leave the roster space for young players.

When I look at the Habs roster it looks like they would have about $2.5-$3.0m in cap space after Kotkaniemi signs, so it's really up to them- do they want Domi or not? If not, then fine from Columbus' perspective. The point in moving him before the season is to get roster space for younger players, and they can't do that if Montreal is sending junk back.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
he could put up 700 points but if he's gonna have 800 plus scored against him when he's on the ice will pass . fill your boots man . call your gm and sign him up . you can probably get him cheap

Reactions: TS Quint

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
don't see him reaching those heights again . maybe your team can take a flyer on him .
I think he's a 55 point player in the right role and let's be honest, put him in the top 6 for Tampa, he'd probably hit 70 points again (not saying it would be in the best interest of the team).

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There is no need or room for Domi. Don’t understand why CBJ wants to dump him given the C situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad