Eklund Rumor: Domi back to MTL ?

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Just a quick reminder that Eklund has a well deserved reputation for making up rumors. Consider the source. He's got a long, long, long track record of incorrect insider information.

The Eklund tag on HF is there, not to legitimize him, but to warn posters to avoid the discussion if they so desire.

I can't be clearer than that without breaking site rules.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
So what would it cost for MTL ? 3rd round pick ?

I think the best question is "why would Montreal be interested?" That said, if the Jackets want to take Drouin back there might be some interest. I wouldn't be incentivizing the extra year that Drouin has though.

Reactions: Agalloch

banks

Aug 29, 2019
Seattle, a team with very little scoring talent, just declined to take him for free.

They were stupid to do that. But they did. And it does have an effect on setting his trade value.

Mid round pick (3rd at best), and send a cap hit going back.

Reactions: jbron and Riddum

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Iam not too sure about this one,pretty sure there was some hard feelings when he left...Maybe they have mended fences??

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Seattle, a team with very little scoring talent, just declined to take him for free.

They were stupid to do that. But they did. And it does have an effect on setting his trade value.

Mid round pick (3rd at best), and send a cap hit going back.

Why would a team low on scoring take Domi?

He has been in the league for six years now, that 70 point season is clearly the outlier here

kij

Jan 31, 2016
This would be a typical bargain bin Bergevin buy low. But as was stated above, Eklund is little more than clickbait and needs to have his site taken down for spreading misinformation. I'm sure there's a pretty good political joke that I hope somebody can make while not running afoul of a moderator.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Just a quick reminder that Eklund has a well deserved reputation for making up rumors. Consider the source. He's got a long, long, long track record of incorrect insider information.

The Eklund tag on HF is there, not to legitimize him, but to warn posters to avoid the discussion if they so desire.

Thank you

Reactions: banks

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020

Can remember Spector writing writing once on this. He said that Eklund had a good handle on what the rumours were. Note the the word "Rumour". There is always talk out there and most trades discussed do not come to fruitation. Note the word "Rumour".

Reactions: Space umpire

banks

Aug 29, 2019
Why would a team low on scoring take Domi?

He has been in the league for six years now, that 70 point season is clearly the outlier here

Semantics. How about "a team needing forward help"?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Imagine a lineup of Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Caufield, Gallagher? It would have to be the smallest top 6 in NHL history.

banks

Aug 29, 2019
Can remember Spector writing writing once on this. He said that Eklund had a good handle on what the rumours were. Note the the word "Rumour". There is always talk out there and most trades discussed do not come to fruitation. Note the word "Rumour".

I did note the word "rumor". I specifically said he has a reputation for making up "rumours".

Even outside hockey, rumors are often made up just to get attention.

Reactions: Mckay

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Imagine a lineup of Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Caufield, Gallagher? It would have to be the smallest top 6 in NHL history.
Wouldn’t any trade for Domi see Drouin going back though?
Maybe the Eklund rumour us just making a logical connection?
Domi for Drouin kind of makes sense.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Just like some other clown site was saying Galchenyuk was about to sign for a year with the Habs. I'd be really surprised if either comes back.

Reactions: Oryxo and HabsQC

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
On the topic of tags, there should be a "Friedman Wonders..." tag in addition to the "Friedman" tag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad