Eklund Rumor: Domi back to MTL ?

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Considering Anderson's horrendously long and expensive contract and the long stretches when he completely disappears , I'd do this.

Plus, if we were to get Domi, I kinda want to see Drouin on his line. That's when Domi had his best moments.
Domi was one of Montreal’s worst players the last year he was on the team, I wouldn’t trade anyone for him . He’s not a fit .

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Domi was one of Montreal’s worst players the last year he was on the team, I wouldn’t trade anyone for him . He’s not a fit .

But only a year before that, he was one of our best players. He had the most productive season of any Hab in the last 13 seasons.

He may never achieve that again, but completely discarding him is a mistake. If Ducharme sees a fit, I'd do it for the right price.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
But only a year before that, he was one of our best players. He had the most productive season of any Hab in the last 13 seasons.

He may never achieve that again, but completely discarding him is a mistake. If Ducharme sees a fit, I'd do it for the right price.

he had the best offensive season but was far from being the best player on the ice. He had the kind of season where everything he touched ended up in a goal, he had a ridiculous shooting % at like 20% for a guy that merely scored 15 goals in his 2 previous season. Never been on the Domi bandwagon

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
He was horrible in wing with the Habs. Played his best hockey as a C.

...no, he happened to have an off-the-charts lucky season his first year with the Habs...he was still horrid as a whole at centre because he doesn't have the vision or the ability to be a true Force at C...he's a winger and needs to get it in his head that it's the best spot for him for the team...

...again, he was our most productive player due to his ridiculous luck that season, but he was far from our best player...everything went right for him offensively that year, but he was still a disaster everywhere else, including in his own head...Domi is a Galchenyuk-level talent with more grit but also more issues, mostly involving his ability to channel his Father's attitude & demeanor on the ice...that trade, which I was admittedly against at the time, worked out well for the Habs for that ONE year and then Domi came back down the Earth & showed he's not THAT guy...don't want him back and we don't need him back...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
...no, he happened to have an off-the-charts lucky season his first year with the Habs...he was still horrid as a whole at centre because he doesn't have the vision or the ability to be a true Force at C...he's a winger and needs to get it in his head that it's the best spot for him for the team...

...again, he was our most productive player due to his ridiculous luck that season, but he was far from our best player...everything went right for him offensively that year, but he was still a disaster everywhere else, including in his own head...Domi is a Galchenyuk-level talent with more grit but also more issues, mostly involving his ability to channel his Father's attitude & demeanor on the ice...that trade, which I was admittedly against at the time, worked out well for the Habs for that ONE year and then Domi came back down the Earth & showed he's not THAT guy...don't want him back and we don't need him back...
No, he played his best hockey with theHabs as a C. That’s indisputable!!

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
We'll give Jackets a 3rd round pick for Domi? He's a lot better than he played this season.

MB would never take a former player back, it would hurt his ego too much,

Domi, Chucky, PK, etc, ain't coming back while MB is here

Mark9988

Aug 29, 2021
He was an upgrade on the trash that MB traded for him and has since turned Domi into Anderson.

Meh,

I don't consider Anderson much of an upgrade over Domi, don't forget, Domi was great in his first year with Montreal, and overperformed, everyone got excited, then he flopped, I can see the same thing happening with Anderson and Toffoli, they will not come close to their scoring paces of last season, and anybody who expects them too are simply being unrealistic

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Meh,

I don't consider Anderson much of an upgrade over Domi, don't forget, Domi was great in his first year with Montreal, and overperformed, everyone got excited, then he flopped, I can see the same thing happening with Anderson and Toffoli, they will not come close to their scoring paces of last season, and anybody who expects them too are simply being unrealistic
I actually think Anderson didn’t have a great year last season overall, and think he’ll be better this coming year.

Toffoli likely won’t repeat the goal scoring show he put on last year and I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect him too. He’ll still be a solid contributor and out play his contract.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Domi was terrific his first year in Montreal, but he can't play C.
although the thought of reuniting him with Drouin and maybe Gallagher (replacing shaw)
has some intrigue

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Max needs to play his game. He’s not a perimeter player. In his last season in Montreal he was shooting 40 feet out. He needs to drive to the net. That’s what he did in his first year. He also KO Ekblad.

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Would rather sign Bozak for cheap for our 3rd line then get Domi.
Better 2 way player, good on faceoffs, better fit on the 3rd line, cheap and won’t cost us assets. Good short term solution (1 year) until Poehling and Evans establish themselves as the long-term bottom 2 Centers by next season.
The guy also has a ring, Berg loves those players lol
We need to be saving any cap space we have for an eventual trade to address our biggest need which is a top 4 PMD.
I honestly think the Habs can make another deep run if they can address this hole properly (and please no Norlinder talk - we should have learned by now to not rush prospects).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00