Dom Moore Appreciation Thread

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Honestly I'm not sure how they'd play against Boston, the last game didn't go so well, but if the Rangers make it that far then **** it I'm gonna hold out hope that they can win and go take the cup

Same here.

Been watching Boston from afar and while they still have all of the tools to win a Cup, they dont scare me as much as they did a year or two ago. They've gotten more mobile on defense but not exactly better defensively. Its really Rask thats the problem. And the forwards. While they are still very deep, they arent as deep up front as a year or two ago either. But dont get me wrong. Still the best team in the East and it would require a lot to take them down.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Same here.

Been watching Boston from afar and while they still have all of the tools to win a Cup, they dont scare me as much as they did a year or two ago. They've gotten more mobile on defense but not exactly better defensively. Its really Rask thats the problem. And the forwards. While they are still very deep, they arent as deep up front as a year or two ago either. But dont get me wrong. Still the best team in the East and it would require a lot to take them down.

Their defense really isn't that scary any more. Like you said, they are more mobile and potent offensively, but they didn't exactly get better at defending.

Chara is slowing down and getting worse every year (complete joke that he was nominated for the Norris)

Krug is great offensively but can not defend well, at all.

Hamilton will be great soon, but still learning on the job.

Boychuk is about as solid as they come, nothing to say about him.

Miller is okay. Tough guy and hits hard, but isn't the most reliable guy.

Bartkowski I believe is their last defender, pretty good player, reliable 4-5 guy.

I have a feeling against Montreal their shallow defense will be exposed.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is why I was thrilled to sign Dom Moore last summer.

Fantastic series from him with a great one today...

Never understood why he bounced around to so many teams.

He must be resigned, for two years.

Have been very pleased w/DM, esp. this year.
:handclap:;):yo::handclap::laugh::yo:

If we move Stepan for an overpayment, would be comfortable with DM moving up from 4th to 3rd easy, maybe even 2nd in a pinch.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Same here.

Really? I thought adding Iginla and Eriksson with Soderberg stepping up has given them some excellent depth at forward to go with Marchand, Krejci, Lucic, etc.

Have been very pleased w/DM, esp. this year.
:handclap:;):yo::handclap::laugh::yo:

If we move Stepan for an overpayment, would be comfortable with DM moving up from 4th to 3rd easy, maybe even 2nd in a pinch.

Why the eff would the Rangers move Stepan? There's no possible way they're moving him any time soon because it would decimate their center depth and as much as I love Moore, he's not a top sixer.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Really? I thought adding Iginla and Eriksson with Soderberg stepping up has given them some excellent depth at forward to go with Marchand, Krejci, Lucic, etc.

Why the eff would the Rangers move Stepan? There's no possible way they're moving him any time soon because it would decimate their center depth and as much as I love Moore, he's not a top sixer.

In every post he has ever made he's talked about moving Stepan and how great Kreider is. It's ridiculous.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
In every post he has ever made he's talked about moving Stepan and how great Kreider is. It's ridiculous.

Weird. Stepan isn't a super star center or anything but moving him would be downright stupid, especially when Richards likely has to be bought out. No one is going to magically give the Rangers a star #1 center in exchange for Stepan. Not even for prospects and picks or something

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Youre probably right. They are deep up front. But i think the Rangers are pretty comparable in depth with the 4th line the way they are playing. Bruins are more physical and that will be what everyone talks about for sure. But theres a looooong road to even get there.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Youre probably right. They are deep up front. But i think the Rangers are pretty comparable in depth with the 4th line the way they are playing. Bruins are more physical and that will be what everyone talks about for sure. But theres a looooong road to even get there.

They are deeper upfront than ever IMO, but their defense is lacking in some experience. Dougie Hamilton's really picked up his game, but they lost Seidenberg and Ference, and have a couple of kids patrolling the blueline.

Krug killed the Rangers last year, and with Hamilton picking up his game, they are sporting 3 solid pairs, but not the proven depth they had.

I think Rask is better than he was last year, and he isn't the goalie that is going to give up bad goals. You are correct in saying that they are a long ways away, if that. The Rangers have to close out the Flyers tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00