GDT: Doing it Dallas style <1hr to puckdrop edition - Flames(7-9-3) @ Stars(12-4-2) 6:30pm

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I can hardly believe it but we're actually seeing some cohesion these days. I wonder if this is how it sort of was when Iggy left and Glencross left a couple of years later. Sort of. Then Monahan and and Gaudreau took the team upon themselves.

Kadz-daddy! He needed a goal

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Johnny Hockey Paw would be a nice veteran add to our defense next season if we do lose our 3 UFAs and depth guys

• Haha

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
@Rubi

You missed an opportunity for the thread title.

Dube Does Dallas was right there

untitled-1-jpg.772985

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I seriously am drawing comparisons between Stajes contract and Coleman's. I hated Matt's overblown hit to our salary cap but he ended up being one of my favorite players for the last couple of years here. A real heart and soul guy, a lot like Coleman (more of a 4th line guy the last 3 or so years). I'd have traded Blake and still would consider it, but he is a great important example and team guy - plays his heart out and will do anything for this club (just like Matt would even drop the gloves even though off the ice he was a total softy/gentleman).

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Team is playing loose, which is a good sign. But they’ve always done well when the expectations are low, and the rookies have something to prove too. Looking forward to Coronato’s return

Is there word on his return? This lineup is starting to get pretty good

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I seriously am drawing comparisons between Stajes contract and Coleman's. I hated Matt's overblown hit to our salary cap but he ended up being one of my favorite players for the last couple of years here. A real heart and soul guy, a lot like Coleman (more of a 4th line guy the last 3 or so years). I'd have traded Blake and still would consider it, but he is a great important example and team guy - plays his heart out and will do anything for this club (just like Matt would even drop the gloves even though off the ice he was a total softy/gentleman).
Honestly, if people do their research and look at guys that signed contracts around that time and since, it's not a bad contract, it's not a deal by any means, but it's not at all had. Fans seem to forget that contracts are always rising, like people bitching about 7m for Naz, and claiming he's paid like a 1C, a f***ing 1C these days makes 10+; Naz is paid 2C money. If Lindholm gets 8.5, guess what? That's also 2C money

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nothing dumber than a coach getting the blame after a week with a team.

It’s like parents blaming a teacher after two weeks. Despite never reading other kid in 8 years.
People had their hearts set on Love and held it against Huska, they were unable to grasp that both could be good coaches and they continued shitting on Huska through the summer, through camp and stepped it up when we had a poor start.

Now they've shut up because they would just look completely stupid

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What is this feeling I'm having in my hockey team? Pride? Is that it maybe? Been a while.

Not the cleanest game by any means but I really liked the way the Flames dug in and battled in this one. Went down 4 separate times and kept pushing. Last year's team would have folded up shop early in the 2nd. These lines are starting to look like they're getting some chemistry, team is playing for each other.

Great - SHARON!!!!! Really coming around for us. Good reach, good hands, and not afraid to shoot it. Lot of fans thought we got shit on in that trade but I didn't mind it. Younger faster cheaper than Toffoli. Zadorov had a bad play on the 1st Dallas goal but thought he was excellent the rest of the night. Maybe he is our best defenseman lol. Liked Lindy a lot in this one too. Quality defense, made some nice plays in the OZ.

Really good - Whole 4th line had a good night. Any game you can get 2 goals from the bottom fwd line is sweet. I want Ruz to figure it out so bad, great package with this player. Weegar and Andersson some redemption after being terrible in Nashville. Weegs in particular man, does so many of the small things well. Hanifin and Mangiapane I liked both of them.

Pretty not bad - Marky had a questionable 1st half of the game but nice to see the team back him up. Made some great saves, looked big. Tanev still looks a little slow, missing simple passes, too much desperation plays. Liked that he was joining the rush and was rewarded with an assist. The Kadri line I thought was maybe kind of quiet, but Zary had a great pass and liked him on the PP as well. Posipisil lots of hustle plays and a couple nice passes for chances.

Not great - Gilbert, you can do worse for a #6-7 but wouldn't be surprised if he comes out tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad