GDT: Dogs @ Ducks, 7:00 Leftest Coast time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The Ducks color commentator must be the most unbiased hockey broadcaster I have ever listened to.

It's a nice change of pace from usually listening to some of the other announcers.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The Ducks color commentator must be the most unbiased hockey broadcaster I have ever listened to.

It's a nice change of pace from usually listening to some of the other announcers.

They have their moments.

Retail1LO*

You guys are ok with that call? Christ. I thought that was worse than the Hossa call last night.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
Don't post that on the Kings board, haha.

actually, I am as neutral as a hockey fan there is (Penguins would be my favorite). The kings commentators are the most biased. Next would be Bostons'. I really am enjoying the commentators for the Ducks, they are professional.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm sure. As do any.

But I'm used to listening to guys like the Bruins and Penguins when watching Devils games. Compared to them, they are spectacular.

Won't argue with that. They can get a bad rap from some people, but they're solid. They try to be objective, at least. For better or for worse.

My biggest peeve is when Hayward goes on a tirade about something. He can go overboard.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Won't argue with that. They can get a bad rap from some people, but they're solid. They try to be objective, at least. For better or for worse.

My biggest peeve is when Hayward goes on a tirade about something. He can go overboard.

Next time you guys play the Bruins or Penguins, listen to their feed.

It's almost hilariously bad. Any play by the other team is marginalized and all credit goes to the team their broadcasting. A slash on a Bruins player will be called a hack but a slash on the opposing team would be a tap. At times, it's rather amusing.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
actually, I am as neutral as a hockey fan there is (Penguins would be my favorite). The kings commentators are the most biased. Next would be Bostons'. I really am enjoying the commentators for the Ducks, they are professional.

Kings fans don't like Hayward, mainly because he goes full homer when the Ducks play the Kings. Honestly I think he does it to troll their fan base.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal

Yeah sometimes I get mad that Hazy isn't bias. I don't get why Kings fans think he's a huge homer. He has his moments like all home brodcasters do, but he points out whenever the ducks get away with one more than any announcer. I'd take occasional bias versus Jim fox's upward inflection any day of the week.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You guys are ok with that call? Christ. I thought that was worse than the Hossa call last night.

Kesler interfered with him. Hard to deny it. He chopped the goalie, and it may have lead to the goal. It's the right call.

I'm against the challenge in general, but if it's going to exist, I think they got it right here.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Next time you guys play the Bruins or Penguins, listen to their feed.

It's almost hilariously bad. Any play by the other team is marginalized and all credit goes to the team their broadcasting. A slash on a Bruins player will be called a hack but a slash on the opposing team would be a tap. At times, it's rather amusing.

Hah, never. I've heard both. Edwards, for the Bruins, makes me hit mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad