GDT: Dogs @ Ducks, 7:00 Leftest Coast time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDucks*

Somebody tell Fowler we stopped just throwing the puck on net from every angle while on the PP months ago.

IFBrynas

Nov 13, 2014
Edbögsjo, Gävle
Maybe try Hampus with Sami on pp.
Cam is shooting when he should pass and vice versa. He just does not fit on that unit.
Imo Hampus has earned a chance to show what he can do.
Build the 2nd unit around Cam and Kessler and the Ducks could have 2 great pp units!

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Great win, Anaheim were the better team from basically the 2nd minute of the game onwards. Arizona were lucky to even get it back to 2-2 imo.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Okay, my first beef with the new NHL site is lack of an immidiate highlights and lack of all of the goals for the game. Step your game up MLB, I know you're used to slow like molasses sport but that's no excuse.

EDIT: I love how people on the main boards claim Ducks turnaround was inevitable because of corsi and/or fenwick. It shows two things: didn't watch Ducks, and confirmation bias.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
I guess Cogs' and Maroon's goals weren't good enough to get a video highlight on NHL's website.

I don't mind the look, i mind the significantly reduced functionality.

Minds thinking alike, mylord Flashheart..

manspaceman

Jan 16, 2014
Not talking about just this game, but in general.

Healthy Fowler and Lindholm should have 3-4 more minutes than Vatanen every game. Not the other way around.
Yeah, that might work to get this team back on track - of losing?

Quite fantastic to see how acquiring one good top-6 forward helped so much with offence. Also Garbutt seems to have ignited the bottom lines to play better.

Looking forward to see if the road trip brings some greater challenge!

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Okay, my first beef with the new NHL site is lack of an immidiate highlights and lack of all of the goals for the game. Step your game up MLB, I know you're used to slow like molasses sport but that's no excuse.

EDIT: I love how people on the main boards claim Ducks turnaround was inevitable because of corsi and/or fenwick. It shows two things: didn't watch Ducks, and confirmation bias.

The new highlight videos suck. They've limited the highlight compilations (recaps?) to just the goals and now there's some weird narrator guy too. As if we can't tell what's going on without that guy... :shakehead

Oct 18, 2011

and those people were criticized on hf for saying it wouldn't last, and that the ducks underlying stats showed they would get better. they did, and it also caused boudreau to make a systemic change and as a result those possession metrics got even better, and Anaheim's horrible shooting % inevitably improved, and it also helps that they subtracted perimeter players, for more guys who are around the net with the teams high SAT%

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
and those people were criticized on hf for saying it wouldn't last, and that the ducks underlying stats showed they would get better. they did, and it also caused boudreau to make a systemic change and as a result those possession metrics got even better, and Anaheim's horrible shooting % inevitably improved, and it also helps that they subtracted perimeter players, for more guys who are around the net with the teams high SAT%

Not really. They claimed that Anaheim was going to improve and that no changes were needed; that it was just bad luck. I saw no claims from that group that trades or a new system was needed. That's ignoring that just saying things will improve at some undefined point in the future isn't really a prediction, or at least a meaningful one.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Not really. They claimed that Anaheim was going to improve and that no changes were needed; that it was just bad luck. I saw no claims from that group that trades or a new system was needed. That's ignoring that just saying things will improve at some undefined point in the future isn't really a prediction, or at least a meaningful one.
This right here. Fancy stats were sexy in spite of play, not as a result of play on ice. Huge difference.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
The new highlight videos suck. They've limited the highlight compilations (recaps?) to just the goals and now there's some weird narrator guy too. As if we can't tell what's going on without that guy... :shakehead

There is an "extended highlights" section in the videos area. These vids are essentially the same as the old highlights but it seems to take them much longer than before to make these videos. Also there's no link to the videos in the gamecenter, which sucks.

The recaps suck and are totally unnecessary. They should just stick with the highlights. And cancel most of the other changes as well. Just keep the new version for mobile users and most will be happy.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I fell asleep in the second and in my dreams I kept checking the score and it said we lost 2-4 so I was extremely happy when I finally woke up and saw we won 5-2! :vhappy:

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA

The games start looking a lot better when shots go in that weren't before. I personally thought they were playing fine for the most part except a stupid mistake every now and then.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Not talking about just this game, but in general.

Healthy Fowler and Lindholm should have 3-4 more minutes than Vatanen every game. Not the other way around.

Feels like Bruce is using Lindholm less when the team is winning. No need to amp his minutes then I guess. Hence the low rate of icetime recently. Although, he had 21+ this game. Only Vatanen with more. But Manson with most 5 on 5 followed by Dupres. Which also sort of follow that logic.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Feels like Bruce is using Lindholm less when the team is winning. No need to amp his minutes then I guess. Hence the low rate of icetime recently. Although, he had 21+ this game. Only Vatanen with more. But Manson with most 5 on 5 followed by Dupres. Which also sort of follow that logic.
Hampus has thrived under the workload he's been given. His turnaround from October-November (it is NOT just a function of the team playing better) is stunning. If slightly fewer minutes now are what it takes to help him continue to develop into a beast for later, no one should complain.

Boudreau has also credited Manson with helping Hampus be a better and more confident player since they've been paired.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat the minutes thing either with Hampus, whatever is going on it's working in his favor apparently. He did some heavy-lifting while Cam was out, as Vats began to fade it seemed to me that Hampus picked up the slack with some big minutes. So Bruce gave him a couple games with a lighter load and spread things out more now that we have some of the wounded back, no biggie.

Our boy's a stud right now, love the way he's starting to assert himself and throw his size around. DO NOT TRADE.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
All thanks to Garbutt.

I won't give him that much credit, but he has been a very pleasant surprise. I thought it was a stupid pickup, but if this continues I'll happily be wrong.

Dallas retained half his salary, so he is costing us les than $400k and less than $1M next year.

If he continues to play smart and contribute some scoring, he'll be a real bargain for us. He just has to keep playing clean. We can't afford stupid penalties. We get enough from Bieksa.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad