OT: Dog name (dead of summer topic)

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Rangers fan--saw the post from the main page and I love dogs. My own pup has an odd name. I adopted her when I was doing a run of Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor, and I had to bring her to the show because I didn't have enough time to get her home and settled before curtain. The woman who played my wife in the show decided that my 8 week old, 5 pound German Shepherd puppy was a better prop than the hand-bag that she had, and--without telling anyone--walked out for the opening scene with a tiny sleeping puppy in the crook of her arm instead of her prop. Pup stole the show and we joked that she was the "Merry Woof of Windsor."

Ended up naming her Windsor.

For your situation, you could go with something unique like "Trophy."

"Four" might be another option (to represent the number of cups).

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Or "Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad".

2150660170_e78360d8e4.jpg

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Incidentally, a friend of mine from Chicago has an akita named "David Bowie: The Dog", so I'm partial to ridiculous names for pets.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I live in Philadelphia and work at a dog training/daycare facility.. here are some interesting names of some regulars:

Chase Mutley (Phillies reference)
Bacon
Chunk (Though is a shorthand for Charlie)
Chooch (another Phillies reference that I don't understand)
Baron Von Jazz Hands
Benny the Jet

There are probably others I can't think of right now.

My dogs names are:
Portobella ("Bella" Instagram Hashtag: #portobellababy)
Teddy Ruxpin ("Teddy" Instagram Hashtag: #teddytheschnusky he's a husky schnauzer mix.. yes you read that right)

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I live in Philadelphia and work at a dog training/daycare facility.. here are some interesting names of some regulars:

Chase Mutley (Phillies reference)
Bacon
Chunk (Though is a shorthand for Charlie)
Chooch (another Phillies reference that I don't understand)
Baron Von Jazz Hands
Benny the Jet

There are probably others I can't think of right now.

My dogs names are:
Portobella ("Bella" Instagram Hashtag: #portobellababy)
Teddy Ruxpin ("Teddy" Instagram Hashtag: #teddytheschnusky he's a husky schnauzer mix.. yes you read that right)

I love the idea of puppy day care/training places. Nothing good like that where I live. Such a bummer. On a side note Steve's Prince of Steaks sounds amazing right about now!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
"Maria Theresa Walburga Amalia Christina, Her Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Austria, Hungary, Croatia, Bohemia, Transylvania, Mantua, Milan, Lodomeria and Galicia, the Austrian Netherlands and Parma."

mariat.jpg

But it has to be the full title, otherwise you're just making fun of an old fat woman.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
"Buy Sam a drink ... and get his dog one, too."

For any Pens' fan: Sam makes a good name for a dog.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Thanks guys this was a lot of fun. The name chosen is pretty polarized, love it or hate it. Not the most original ever but we think we landed on Sydney.

I tried to convince people a female could be called Stanley but I guess I was fooling myself. Briefly considered Asham or Guerin but they dismissed very very quickly. Hard to get the team association with a female.

Enjoy your summer. Thanks for your help. I'll check back to see if something spectacular shows up m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad