Friedman: Doesn’t see Taylor Hall returning 1st Round Pick

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I thought every team needs a player like Taylor. 2 goals and 17 points in 31 games.

I'd love to see what teams would be willing to give for Jeff Skinner though if they ever would entertain adding him to their team.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Gee who would've thunk that an $8M one-dimensional scorer who has struggled to deliver even in that dimension would be worth less than a 1st? Add in the fact he controls his fate with an NMC and Hall's worth isn't anywhere close to your typical rental despite what some here have tried to argue.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Not surprised. Taylor Hall is not a guy you win with. He never has been and he never will be. Similar to Duchene in that sense.

An anonymous exec said this in The Athletic's deadline piece a while back.

He carried a bad Devils team to the playoffs.

I think the whole "he's not a winner" thing is completely overblown. He's played on the Oilers, Sabres, Devils, and Coyotes. The teams that he's played on are the issue, not his play.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He carried a bad Devils team to the playoffs.

I think the whole "he's not a winner" thing is completely overblown. He's played on the Oilers, Sabres, Devils, and Coyotes. The teams that he's played on are the issue, not his play.

He stepped it up on 3/4 of those teams. His lackluster play in Buffalo is extremely concerning for a future contract. Might have to take a lot less to get term.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
From the Sabres games I’ve watched this year Hall’s play is very concerning. He’s clearly lost a step from his heyday as a Hart trophy winner.

He won’t shoot 3% for the rest of his career, but I don’t know he has another big goal scoring year left in him either.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
At some point, great players are supposed to elevate the team instead of being held back.
I thought Hall would do better as second fiddle to Eichel. Maybe Hall needs to be a second line guy?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
In retrospect, did Hall choose the Sabres as his desired destination for this year, or were they the only team that really wanted him?

Probably chose the Sabres because he figured it was his best chance to get the best contract in the long run. I guess he figured he could put up a strong enough year to get a higher value multi-yes contract than was being offered in the market.

In return he makes a really good salary for 1 season.

But it's really backfired on him. Even with a trade and strong finish to the season, he's probably only going to get a 1 or 2 year deal in the off-season again.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I understand Buffalo is bad and there is a river of tears to take a swim in, but what about 2 goals in 31 games? Wasn't he the best player in the league a couple years back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad