Speculation: Does Vegas trading for Pacioretty remove them from the Karlsson sweepstakes?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If Vegas offers a deal that returns Karlsson they'll have almost none of the top futures they had to start. Not sure what their plan is, but I don't see how that's a good move.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Cant see them going for Karlsson now, depends if Ryan is included in the deal. Going to be interesting if they go for EK now or if they wait and see if they can get him for nothing at the end of the season.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If Vegas had just kept and extended Neal, they could have included the Pacioretty assets in a Karlsson trade.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think so. This might be wishful thinking on my part (Sens fan BTW) but I think you're going to see Karlsson staying on with the Sens long-term.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
You realize Bobby Ryan is a dump from OTT, not a target by Vegas. The price doesn’t increase because Ryan is included.
I do realize that. To me this is a similar return to what McDonagh got NYR. Because Ryan is attached, I expect Karlsson will get a similar return to McDonagh instead of a sky high return.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
In addition to a first round pick, I would think Ottawa would demand two of Theodore, Branstrom and Glass. I don't think Vegas does that with Suzuki out of the picture, and I think other teams could beat what Vegas would ultimately offer.

I also wonder whether teams are still spooked out over his foot/ankle.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Wasn't there a thread about when Vegas got permission to speak with EK they told him if he can wait til FA they would pay him what he wants?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
After moving Suzuki and having to sign Max to an extension, I don't imagine them dealing for him. They'll be in it if he hits UFA, like others have said.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ottawa is going to wait themselves out of a good return. It was only a matter of time before customers started spending their assets elsewhere.

Jul 6, 2016
Ottawa is going to wait themselves out of a good return. It was only a matter of time before customers started spending their assets elsewhere.

Dallas and TB are still good potential partners. But they don't want to give away their respective young Blue-chip d-men in return, Sergachev or Haskaienen

Reactions: Curufinwe

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Dallas and TB are still good potential partners. But they don't want to give away their respective young Blue-chip d-men in return, Sergachev or Haskaienen

I see no way you get Sergachev at the deadline. I think it's very likely he was on the table over the summer. This has the feeling of Ottawa waiting too long though. TB won't offer Sergachev unless that's what it absolutely takes to beat another offer. Removing Vegas from the list of suitors means there's one less offer to contend with. If Dallas isn't offering Haskaienen, TB likely won't offer Sergachev again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad