Does Torts get nominated for the Jack Adams?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Prediction time and discussion time. Title pretty much says it all. I have to go with yes that Torts deserves at least a nomination for coach of the year and probably wins it if the Jackets sustain their insanity for the rest of the season. This has got to come close to how the Blues turned around under Hitchcock, although those results were much more immediate as opposed to Torts doing this in his second season behind the bench.

Either way what are your thoughts?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Definitely, so many people hated that move for Columbus, but he's really put that team in shape. And even though he's been an ass in the past I'm actually pretty happy for him and Columbus to be doing so well.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
How could he not be? I don't like Torts but he took a basement team and made them into a potential cup favorite.

OldMilIce

Apr 30, 2015
Niagara, ON
I think he's pretty clearly the front runner. I'm not sure you could find one person who can say they thought the Jackets would be the best team in the league at any point in the season, let alone halfway through. That said, this is Torts, he could snap and say and do something ridiculous and no longer be the coach by seasons end.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not even the halfway point yet, but if Columbus stays up where they are, then he wins it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The "team that overachieves the most" trophy, so yes.

See I don't agree with this at all. The Jackets underachieved the last two seasons, this season they are playing like the playoff team they should have been.

That being said, Torts certainly deserves the Adams as of today for getting them play the four line, all out system he has them playing EVERY NIGHT.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
See I don't agree with this at all. The Jackets underachieved the last two seasons, this season they are playing like the playoff team they should have been.

That being said, Torts certainly deserves the Adams as of today for getting them play the four line, all out system he has them playing EVERY NIGHT.
I think they're playing playing a little over their heads at the moment but that's not to say they're bad team at all. Maybe I just worded it poorly, it just feels like it often goes to the team that exceeds expectations the most, Roy and Hartley most recently.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
hell ya coming from a canuck fan who knew he wasn't the problem but rather the scapegoat for the players giving up after the crazy event vs Calgary. He is a really nice guy outside of the rink and as a player I wouldn't mind a coach like him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The "team that overachieves the most" trophy, so yes.

Wait, so then AV should win it because the Rangers' CF% is a dumpster fire and they're 3rd in the league.

....but AV is the main reason their CF% is a dumpster fire.

30835bf9e8d809a6f944a921a80a650c.jpg

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

What he's saying is, throughout the history of the Jack Adams, it does seem to be the case.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He's so obviously the front runner now. No question

Still over half the year to go tho. So we'll see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad