Does This Bother Anybody?

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Seen Garrison's name mentioned here so guess best place to post this:

I liked Garrison's game don't get me wrong (bomb on PP, made Campbell or vice versa better, decent in own end around the net and solid on the breakout).

However I would have never offered him a large deal. I believe right now his pairing with Edler allows 2.5 goals on average for every 1.5 goals they are on the ice... not good at all when you compare Bieksa/his partner around a 3 to 1 GF/GA on average. WOW! That stat blew me away today on Sportsnet Pacific when channel surfing.

So will people stop whining about him?? I'm not happy with Guds or Kulikov BTW...they should be better by this point.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Seen Garrison's name mentioned here so guess best place to post this:

I liked Garrison's game don't get me wrong (bomb on PP, made Campbell or vice versa better, decent in own end around the net and solid on the breakout).

However I would have never offered him a large deal. I believe right now his pairing with Edler allows 2.5 goals on average for every 1.5 goals they are on the ice... not good at all when you compare Bieksa/his partner around a 3 to 1 GF/GA on average. WOW! That stat blew me away today on Sportsnet Pacific when channel surfing.

So will people stop whining about him?? I'm not happy with Guds or Kulikov BTW...they should be better by this point.

horachek might be the perfect guy to develop the kids.

i love guds game last night, all he needed was a goal for the perfect night. few really big hits, played physical, no PIM, made people try to fight him

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Look at how much the Leafs are paying for players not playing for them...and haven't even made any trades retaining salary yet. Also, with these types of trades allowed now, this is going to become much more commonplace. I believe this is only the 5th trade this season, and the 1st or 2nd ever in this new CBA where salary has been retained. This is not a big deal. A bunch of teams have used compliance buyouts.

Georgia Panther

Aug 2, 2005
BufordGA/FranklinNC
Look at how much the Leafs are paying for players not playing for them...and haven't even made any trades retaining salary yet. Also, with these types of trades allowed now, this is going to become much more commonplace. I believe this is only the 5th trade this season, and the 1st or 2nd ever in this new CBA where salary has been retained. This is not a big deal. A bunch of teams have used compliance buyouts.

Thing is, we don't have and never will have, the revenue that the Leafs generate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad