Does Murray's trade to Ottawa set the goalie market

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
His salary is $1 million for this season. Not $5 million. Please do your research.

I said he would have value. I didn't speculate at all as to what that value might be, because that's between the Leafs and whatever club they are dealing with.

Was your only point to come here and bash Andersen? Or were you coming here armed with knowledge to have a real conversation? Because if you think you have, you swung and missed badly.

No need to speak down to me, I did "do my research". According to capfriendly.com his salary next year is 5mil:
Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

So either CF is wrong, or maybe I'm missing something. If I'm missing something, just point it out in a respectful way.

I'm not sure what I said to trigger you so much, but my point was to add to the discussion of what Anderson was worth in a trade. If you read the posts prior to my original post, many posters were speculating that the Murray trade was going to set the market as to what Anderson is worth. I simply disagreed with that assessment and gave my reasons why. I dont have an issue with Anderson and I am not looking to "bash" him, but look around this forum, he's bashed not stop by MANY for his inability to come through in clutch games. Based on that general consensus, I'm pointing out out that he likely isn't going to bring back a 2nd round pick like many are speculating he will as its not just fans that are seeing this.

I'm really not looking to have a childish back and forth, so if you want to discuss his value and give me reasons as to why you think I am wrong (which I am 100% open to), please go ahead. If you are going to get upset and take shots, please just move on.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Andersen makes 1 mil in salary this year, and is a much better goalie than Fleury.

Again, I'm going on capfriendly.com. I also disagree with you regarding Anderson being better then MAF. Maybe he's a better regular season goalie, but what has he done in the post season that tops anything MAF has ever done? This year the loss to CBJ was not his fault, I admit that. Go back into the thread that discussed it and you can see me defend Anderson (you have to score to win a series), but he's never stolen or even won a playoff series in his career as a Leaf.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Again, I'm going on capfriendly.com.
Signing bonuses have been paid. He has 1 mil in salary remaining.
I also disagree with you regarding Anderson being better then MAF. Maybe he's a better regular season goalie, but what has he done in the post season that tops anything MAF has ever done?
Fleury is no longer the goalie he used to be, and has been worse than Andersen over the last couple years in the regular season and playoffs. He hasn't even historically been a very good "playoff goalie", not that you should be putting that much emphasis on small playoff samples with no context.

Andersen has his weaknesses and concerns, but he is unquestionably a better goalie than Fleury at this point of their careers.

Reactions: kliq

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Signing bonuses have been paid. He has 1 mil in salary remaining.

Fleury is no longer the goalie he used to be, and has been worse than Andersen over the last couple years in the regular season and playoffs. He hasn't even historically been a very good "playoff goalie", not that you should be putting that much emphasis on small playoff samples with no context.

Andersen has his weaknesses and concerns, but he is unquestionably a better goalie than Fleury at this point of their careers.

Ok, that makes sense (the bonus thing). I appreciate you telling me in a respectful way unlike the other poster.

I see what you are saying about Anderson/MAF. Statistically speaking you have a point. I just have a hard time trusting Anderson in a big game in comparison to MAF. If its game 7 of a series and I have to pick 1, I'd pick MAF. I've seen him shut the door in big games so many times throughout his career. I've never once seen Anderson do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad