Post-Game Talk: Does it count for 2? Panthers win 6th longest game in NHL history

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Correct everyone thought it was a reach including Pierre Mcguires(?) infamous rant after the pick. People also had Drouin over him.
And what has Popeye Jone’s kid accomplished - NOTHING!

He was saying after that draft that he would make everyone who passed up on him regret it. DICK!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So. Were those Panthers teams so much better than this one? Q coming in brought major recognition to the manager position, but there were tendencies that we saw early on with the team, that was still there in the playoffs, and the following seasons, including the Brunette season. And apparently, Brunette was in constant contact with Q, so you know he was getting adivice from Q. With Brunette, you saw no adjustments as the season progressed, and nothing in the playoffs.

With Maurice, at least you are seeing adjustments, and just better overall coaching. I have no doubt in my mind that if Maurice was the coach last season, we would have been much more prepared for a playoff run, than we were.
Everyone saying there has been adjustments but would t be able to name a single thing from a tactical standpoint. Absolutely laughable

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So I come away with a much better feeling for how we stand against a very tough Carolina team. I will be watching some of the Dallas/Vegas game to see what they are looking like.
Let’s understand one thing if we can’t get the PK together we are just making life much tougher than we have to. We continue to see officiating not in our favor.
Carolina in some ways got dominated at times clear domination. Carolina might have revealed just how good these Florida Panthers are.
I did not see guys like Ajo, Slavin and Burns etc show us anything too spectacular. Where our talented players like Barky and Chucky rose to the occaission.
The Panthers win this series if they keep Carolinas skaters mostly in their zone and I think we can do that. I think Carolina needs to protect their guy in goal they have to play around the nets more. And same offensively but that is not what they are totally accostumed to which means we can get more uneven man on man breakaways and open up that middle .And that is not an issue for us that’s what we do but sometimes we need to unleash the F-16s a bit more. We have the ammunition even more now that Duke looks like Duke. Had a great assist on the Barkov goal… he looks hungry. It’s all there for the taking more than I thought it would be.

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Everyone saying there has been adjustments but would t be able to name a single thing from a tactical standpoint. Absolutely laughable
Was it the 3rd game (or 2nd) against the Leafs that we got caught in 3 or 4 2v1 early in the first because they were banking it of the glass and we were getting caught? Then they adjusted and the chances dried up. Adjustments.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Wonder what the most saves in OT is for a goalie in NHL? This didn’t pop up immediately on my search… but I remember the Joonas Korpisalo game that Jets lost to Lightning in the bubble. Bob must rank up there anyway for OT saves.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So far everything is in the Vegas zone. They are fast but there is little Forechecking on either side. Vegas must have 20 shots on goal. Very little push back from Dallas.

Last edited:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Was it the 3rd game (or 2nd) against the Leafs that we got caught in 3 or 4 2v1 early in the first because they were banking it of the glass and we were getting caught? Then they adjusted and the chances dried up. Adjustments.
That wasn’t an adjustment with scheme they just made some dumb pinches. Everyone wants to claim adjustments cause they r winning. And it’s just not the case. Special teams is the easiest to see adjustments from a tactical perspective and there’s been nothing. It’s a baseless claim due to results.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Just at first breathe these two Western division teams play a much looser scheme. Our game with Carolina could be for the Stanley Cup. No defense just chaictic strategy.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The f***ing vibes about this team right now are blowing my mind. The locker room is a bunch of goofs on a road trip having pizza parties and are playing the best looking hockey in the league.
The vibe this team gives me is a bunch teenage friends that got to a place they didn't expect and so they decided "hey why don't we f*** around, Maybe we can win a championship"

Then last night they are like "oh shit dude, it's quad overtime this is wild as shit. Would be dope of we win, if not let's get some pizza rolls"

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
And what has Popeye Jone’s kid accomplished - NOTHING!

He was saying after that draft that he would make everyone who passed up on him regret it. DICK!
I was in the Panther suite and the Panther owner (Cohen) came over to me before the Panther’s pick while i was talking to his son in law and asked me who I thought the Panthers were going to pick, I said the defensmean, Jones. Cohen said no, it’s going to be Barkov, this is Dale’s pick and he thinks he’s going to be a special player.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I can just see you trying to pick up a chick at the Finland Hungary game.

Mogo: “Hey so you like hockey too?”
Chick: “Yeah it’s occasionally cool to watch. What else do you like to do for fun?”
Mogo: “Ummm…”
Chick: “Like for example what did you do last night?”
Mogo: “….”

I live and die by this team. Sounds like a very sad life. It is :)

'll be the most pessimitic fan but deep down I always believe in them

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
That wasn’t an adjustment with scheme they just made some dumb pinches. Everyone wants to claim adjustments cause they r winning. And it’s just not the case. Special teams is the easiest to see adjustments from a tactical perspective and there’s been nothing. It’s a baseless claim due to results.
Stoping pinches is not an adjustment ... your mind is made up and you'd pretend there isn't any even if a neon light was going off pointing them out. "it's not an adjustment, they just started doing something different."

Reactions: Panthers Propaganda

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Presidents trophy last year + new coach + new scheme and then the maricle accuisiont Chucky why is there much surprise. We had a torment of injuries and a brutal schedule. While Im out of my mind happy Im not surprised

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
The f***ing vibes about this team right now are blowing my mind. The locker room is a bunch of goofs on a road trip having pizza parties and are playing the best looking hockey in the league.
I said to my wife today that I can only imagine how fun that locker room must be right now. Maurice has touched on it a bit in his pressers but man it just seems like such a blast in there.

The guys are loose, the energy is good and they're winning. Winning makes everything soooooo f***ing sweet. Vibes must be IMMACULATE

I live and die by this team. Sounds like a very sad life. It is :)

'll be the most pessimitic fan but deep down I always believe in them
This is the true yin and yang of being a Florida Panthers fan for life.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Stoping pinches is not an adjustment ... your mind is made up and you'd pretend there isn't any even if a neon light was going off pointing them out. "it's not an adjustment, they just started doing something different."
You have no clue what you’re talking about. They were making bad reads and pinching. when they shouldn’t have. Absolutely 0 to do with adjusting scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad