Post-Game Talk: Does it count for 2? Panthers win 6th longest game in NHL history

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Only thing good about being an insomniac is I am used to functioning on this little sleep but still dying today because I don’t do caffeine.

Hope they are saving the last puck for Bob because we know how goalies are let him do it when the jobs done.

And finally this tweet really annoyed me for some reason.

Well isn’t that special out of 7 periods they played their game for one, I wonder what could have caused them to not play their game for the 6 other periods? Maybe it was all the humidity in Raleigh.

exactly what i was thinking.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Agreed it’s not tallons team anymore but the main pieces are his or acquired with assets he left.
Let's take a moment to thank Sexton and Rowe for leaving assets to Tallon to leave to Zito.
(btw, I really like Tallon and he change the org a lot and seemed to get the team to focus on winning instead of red cowboy boots and urinal cakes. I'm not thrashing the guy, but it's a different team.)

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Agreed it’s not tallons team anymore but the main pieces are his or acquired with assets he left.

lol and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Wayne Huizenga, Alan Cohen, Jacques Martin, Mike Keenan, and Michael Yormark for wasting all those years so we could draft high and set us up for this run. Or maybe it was Dudley all along, his plan was to rejoin later when we've been completely rebuilt. wtf

Reactions: RogerRoger

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Bill Zito year 1 with the Panthers

Screenshot_2023-05-19-22-28-56-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Bill Zito few years with Panthers

Screenshot_2023-05-19-22-35-52-90_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Anyone feeling the same? 20 years went fast 😂

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Only thing good about being an insomniac is I am used to functioning on this little sleep but still dying today because I don’t do caffeine.

Hope they are saving the last puck for Bob because we know how goalies are let him do it when the jobs done.

And finally this tweet really annoyed me for some reason.

Well isn’t that special out of 7 periods they played their game for one, I wonder what could have caused them to not play their game for the 6 other periods? Maybe it was all the humidity in Raleigh.

The boys at Benny after reading this tweet

angry-kid-eating.gif

Reactions: Laus723

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Bill Zito is the best GM this franchise has ever had and I hope he’s here a long time. You have to have the biggest of balls to bring in Maurice who was a perennial mediocre bum, get hate all year from the hire, and then go on this run. Either he is the luckiest GM of all time or this guy actually knows what he’s doing.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
lol you just know they're gonna hire Quenneville for next season, I can feel it. A coach like that is what's missing for their team, to give them that fire. He's also got family in the area and was originally drafted by the Leafs. Story writes itself...

So. Were those Panthers teams so much better than this one? Q coming in brought major recognition to the manager position, but there were tendencies that we saw early on with the team, that was still there in the playoffs, and the following seasons, including the Brunette season. And apparently, Brunette was in constant contact with Q, so you know he was getting adivice from Q. With Brunette, you saw no adjustments as the season progressed, and nothing in the playoffs.

With Maurice, at least you are seeing adjustments, and just better overall coaching. I have no doubt in my mind that if Maurice was the coach last season, we would have been much more prepared for a playoff run, than we were.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad