Does Garth get back more value at the deadline for Vanek than he gave up?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I don't think he will get the return Moulson(whatever he gets Buffalo) + 1st + 2nd, but he should get more then the 1st and 2nd(although if we tank next year no way we get that value back).

We basically had to pay a higher price because we made the deal early in the season

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
I think he'll get slightly less considering the fact Vanek announced he was testing anyways

see, i think thats a silly argument. if you are a team that wants to sign Vanek to a long term deal, you make the trade. REGARDLESS of him saying he wants to test the FA market, the team that trades for him is absolutely in the drivers seat with that extra year. They can set a premium no other team can match.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
Loaded question- of course he can't get more back...there's no way to account for the games already played by Vanek and the chance to woo a premiere talent for several months- an invaluable thing for an organization that has trouble signing free agents.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Loaded question- of course he can't get more back...there's no way to account for the games already played by Vanek and the chance to woo a premiere talent for several months- an invaluable thing for an organization that has trouble signing free agents.

This was little more than a publicity stunt. We could not keep the puck out of our net, so Garth made a fanboy trade to get some attention. The offer of 50/7 is less than what Vanek already makes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad