Does Bettman bear responsibility for Ottawa's situation?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
If you believe he is responsible for the success a team has then I guess you think he is responsible for failures.

I don't believe either.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Wait.... Isnt Melnyk effectively Bettman's boss?

Yes and it's very unfortunate. The only way you could cause Melnyk to sell is to petition to the League that Melnyk is mismanaging the team. Then Boycott them which should effectively cripple Melnyk and force sale while reassuring the league that it would be wrong to relocate.

You have your marching orders. I hope Ottawa does something like this because Melnyk is a modern Ballard.

Reactions: MC2D

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa is one of the most successful expansion franchises in history and Bettman is why.

How is Ottawa one of the most successful franchises in expansion history?

Having the Sens go to the third round of the playoffs in a Canadian market (of all things), and they still don't sell our their building? That is absurd in Canada and does not sound like a successful franchise at all.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
How is Ottawa one of the most successful franchises in expansion history?

Having the Sens go to the third round of the playoffs in a Canadian market (of all things), and they still don't sell our their building? That is absurd in Canada and does not sound like a successful franchise at all.
So...Atlanta Senators?

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
On some level he has a responsibility to the other owners to prevent someone from tanking the value of a franchise in a league that has been sky rocketing up in value.

The flip side to this is the owners definitely see the precedent set for them if an owner can be forced out for being cheap and stupid.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The team was good until a year ago. Shit happens. It’s a free fall but it’s not a conspiracy. I bet Ottawa’s on the way up in a year or two. Nothing to see here, if you ask me. Try being a NY Jets fan :(

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Yes, Melnyk is a piece of ****, but how do you all feel about Gary seemingly standing by idly as the tire fire grows in the nation's capital?

do you want to explain what rules Ottawa broke ? Anything that Bettman is allowed to call foul on ? How do you expect Bettman to do anything against one of his 31 Bosses ? The other 30 Bosses need to do something, not him ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad