Does anyone still think we're a playoff team?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
This shows points over last 30 days, and those circled are currently in playoff spot. In a sport with a long season, it's often times more important how you finish than start. Blackhawks and Blues are surging at the right time. Coyotes are stuck in mediocrity.

IztRx1g.png

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The good thing about the Blues being as stupid hot as they are is that they have seemingly moved beyond our concern now :laugh:

Reactions: Mosby

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I remember when I was a kid playing baseball in the summer coach would say "no swimming before a game, it'll tire you out.".

RT needs to get the word out. :eyeroll:

I've never heard that one. Consistently though, it was a variation of "lose your load, lose your legs".

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
Have you bet 100 on the Coyotes missing the playoffs yet?

i put a 100 on the yotes to win the cup at the beginning of the year, lol

i figured if they made the playoffs, i could bet against them and at least get my money back or still make a tidy sum if they went all vegas

Edit: actually it was 25 to win 2000. after re-reading that, i didn't think i was that stupid to put a c-note on our season

Reactions: doaner

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Its still not very likely that we make it in. The good news is, if we do make it in, we will have to be on a roll, so we would have momentum and be playing well going into the first round. We can't limp in.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Does anyone think we will at one point, between now an the end of the season, be in an actual playoff spot? Not make it in but at least hold a spot for a night or two.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Does anyone think we will at one point, between now an the end of the season, be in an actual playoff spot? Not make it in but at least hold a spot for a night or two.

Yes, if...

Tonight: Avs and Hawks lose
Tomorrow: Wild lose and Coyotes win.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Avs and Blackhawks in action.

Some interesting things about the teams tied at 59 points:
Avs have the best goal diff of the non-playoff teams.
Chicago has the most goals of the non-playoff teams.
We actually have more goals for than Dallas somehow, maybe their fall will continue?
The Coyotes/Avs/and Blackhawks all have the same number of ROWs but Colorado has the fewest wins and most OT loss points.
The Blackhawks have the worst PK in the league.
Both the Avs and Blackhawks have a top 10 PP.
Dallas has the third best goals against per game in the league.

These teams are where they are for different reasons but they seem to mostly have this in common: they are pretty elite at one thing and the rest is a mixed bag at best. Vancouver is the odd duck of the group, excelling at no one thing really.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Yes, if...

Tonight: Avs and Hawks lose
Tomorrow: Wild lose and Coyotes win.

The first part of my "if" is not working out so well as the Hawks release the whoop ass. Strome with a nice assist and DeBrincat turning into a great 2nd Rd pick.

Hate to say it, but Hawks still looking good to grab a playoff spot.

Crawford might be back soon too.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hate to say it, but Hawks still looking good to grab a playoff spot.

The way they are playing, like the Blues they will no longer be our concern for WC spot #2.
So we either want them to stay stupid hot or come crashing down. No in between.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The way they are playing, like the Blues they will no longer be our concern for WC spot #2.
So we either want them to stay stupid hot or come crashing down. No in between.
I think the Hawks might make it, but I also think team D tightens up the next 20 games. The Hawks have been out scoring teams but giving up a ton of goals too, there bad D will haunt them an they miss. They are not the Blues, not even close.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Well that didn't work out so well last night.

But there's still hope. :D

A Wild loss and Coyote regulation win tonight will put us back to .500 and in 9th place, with the same pts as 8th place Avs but one more game played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad