Does anyone read lips?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It was interesting - during the Eakins pre-game presser this morning, near the end of it he actually talked about that it had been brought to his attention that he had supposedly been ripping into Taylor Hall in the last game, and said that he actually had been doing the exact opposite of that. Also said that inside the dressing room they all found it to be highly amusing.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It was interesting - during the Eakins pre-game presser this morning, near the end of it he actually talked about that it had been brought to his attention that he had supposedly been ripping into Taylor Hall in the last game, and said that he actually had been doing the exact opposite of that. Also said that inside the dressing room they all found it to be highly amusing.

Its alright.

The rest of us find Eakins highly amusing.

Nor is it considered appropriate for a pathetic team to rip its own fanbase in a gate revenue league.

But I'm glad they found something other than themselves to deride.

This team is getting to the point where disconnect with fans is complete.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Its alright.

The rest of us find Eakins highly amusing.

Nor is it considered appropriate for a pathetic team to rip its own fanbase in a gate revenue league.

But I'm glad they found something other than themselves to deride.

This team is getting to the point where disconnect with fans is complete.

I think at this point the relationship between the team and its fans can be described in one word: Adversarial.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I think at this point the relationship between the team and its fans can be described in one word: Adversarial.

Thanks for understanding my point and not mocking it.

Its a real bad idea for the team to respond in kind and could get real ugly that way. Were still 2nd tier fans and unwashed and the amount of vitriol coming out about the fans is disturbing. This is classic biting the hand that feeds.

Which forgets that in the end the customer is always right. Which this org forgets regularly.

just my impression

Last edited:

Red Deer Rebel

Apr 7, 2008
Red Deer

99% of the criticism of the team is directed at the people running it.

I hope the players understand that.

If Katz would wake-up and kick Lowe, MacTavish, and Eakins to the curb, people would be dancing in the streets ...

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Which forgets that in the end the customer is always right. Which this org forgets regularly.

just my impression

Except of course, when the customer is wrong.

Like the OP who suggests that there was negative body language and hinting that Eakins and Hall to be not be friendly with each other.

Or the numerous customers who yell "Shoot!" on the powerplay even when there's someone in the shooting lane,

Or the customers who many of which, wanted the rebuild in the first place. I recall how many posters here were deriding the lack of skill on the Oilers during the Jason Smith captaincy era and that a rebuild would set things right.

Of course, simply the customer could just walk away and not buy the product.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

I honestly think Eakins reads HF

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

I think it was fairly obvious by Eakins constantly glaring out at the ice and the smile on halls face that you just catch a glimpse of before the camera cuts him out. Eakins eyes darting constantly to ice was pretty telling that it was either telling a story or telling instructions...but in no way was it disciplining hall.

Considering the timing, i stick by my prediction it had something to do with feeding someone some stick and their own teeth. Maybe teaching arco and hall and others to have a bit more glenn anderson in them?

People really dont know body language,

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Thanks for understanding my point and not mocking it.

Its a real bad idea for the team to respond in kind and could get real ugly that way. Were still 2nd tier fans and unwashed and the amount of vitriol coming out about the fans is disturbing. This is classic biting the hand that feeds.

just my impression

Ben Affleck said it best in Mallrats "The customer is always an *******"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad