Does anyone read lips?

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
He was muttering in the first part so hard to see what he was saying, he did say something about getting the puck in deep and getting the **** in there. Didn't seem particularly harsh to me.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
He was just venting about how he can't get his hair to shine like it does in shampoo commercials.

Domino1

Aug 5, 2007
They clearly don't get along

Would anyone get along with Eakins? His body language speaks volumes of his personality, and I don't refer to just this clip. If you look at the water bottle incident from last year, throwing the towel at Hall was very juvenile. I would hope a proper coach would go to that player and encourage him to take that anger/frustration out on the opposing team.

Reminds me of Kevin Nealon in Happy Gilmour "Harness The Energy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAs2PBL1RsA

Maybe Kevin Nealon could be our new coach?

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Looks like Hall is barely listening and Eakins is loosing his ****.

It looks like he says "finish the job now" when he flexes

maybe he's talking about Hall putting an end to his coaching career :sarcasm:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I look at this and laugh.

Doesn't matter what the words were. Look at the face, the expression, the tongue lashing.

Sorry, but in guy world you don't get to pull that aggressive talk **** to another man like that when you're a scrawny 160lbs.

Pulling that **** out of rank and hierarchy just makes you look more pathetic.

Its classic small man syndrome.

If you're going to do something like that it helps to have a Babcock type demeanor.

If you don't have that demeanor, and scrawny Eakins doesn't, then to pull that card makes you look like a duck mouthing off a pitbull. With similar results.

If I'm Hall and this happens anywhere else I'm asking WTF this guys problem is.

You can state any words, state any thing, but you don't state it in that matter unless you know you're tough. Unless you know you can back your tone.

No wonder Eakins pisses off these players.

Last edited:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Sorry, but in man world you don't get to pull that aggressive talk **** to another man like that when you're a scrawny 160lbs.

What do we live in the 1960s again? Do you allow women to watch hockey games or do they need to be in the kitchen making your meals while you do man things? Wow.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
What do we live in the 1960s again? Do you allow women to watch hockey games or do they need to be in the kitchen making your meals while you do man things? Wow.

It's not okay for anyone to talk to another (EDIT: person) like that. Maybe you need an attitude check just as much as Eakins does if you fail to understand that.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

We're talking a physical pro sport here where fighting is very much part of it. You think its wise that a scrawny man like Eakins starts beaking off somebody that could put him in the 3rd row and likely wants to some times?

Perron had to talk Hall down last season on the bench when this happened.

Eakins is playing the wrong card here and that's the bigger point.

I'm not somebody that has to fight or engage in that. But I can impose like that if I wanted to and don't. Because theres much more effective ways to convey than to scream at somebody.

Last edited:

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Unless I get an audio telling me otherwise, looks like he's telling Hall to shoot the puck. Not sure what the big deal is.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I look at this and laugh.

Doesn't matter what the words were. Look at the face, the expression, the tongue lashing.

Sorry, but in man world you don't get to pull that aggressive talk **** to another man like that when you're a scrawny 160lbs.

Pulling that **** out of rank and hierarchy just makes you look more pathetic.

Its classic small man syndrome.

If you're going to do something like that it helps to have a Babcock type demeanor.

If you don't have that demeanor, and scrawny Eakins doesn't, then to pull that card makes you look like a duck mouthing off a pitbull. With similar results.

If I'm Hall and this happens anywhere else I'm asking WTF this guys problem is.

You can state any words, state any thing, but you don't state it in that matter unless you know you're tough. Unless you know you can back your tone.

No wonder Eakins pisses off these players.
Ummm.. Humans of all shape and sizes can have the same ego as Eakins.

But Eakins clearly is not coach material. Getting angry and throwing tantrums is something children and unintelligible people do. It's only a matter of time before this sorry sack gets fired..

Edit: Ramsay is looking at Eakins and I'm guessing he is thinking "What is your problem man?"

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It's not okay for anyone to talk to another (EDIT: person) like that. Maybe you need an attitude check just as much as Eakins does if you fail to understand that.

Thank you. It shouldn't be happening ideally. But for a guy to do this and think he's getting away with this out of rank and superiority (i.e. I'm going to talk to you like this out of role because I'm coach) is pathetic. Eakins is dead man walking here.

Guess what happens if even a few of the high priced players here lock hands and go to management about their concerns.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
We're talking a physical pro sport here where fighting is very much part of it. You think its wise that a scrawny man like Eakins starts beaking off somebody that could put him in the 3rd row and likely wants to some times?

I'm not somebody that has to fight or engage in that. But I can impose like that if I wanted to and don't. Because theres much more effective ways to convey than to scream at somebody.

A coach does need to be able to come down on his players no matter what place in the roster they may have. You know I want Eakins gone as bad as the rest, but half the problem with these kids is that noone behind the bench reigns them in. If you don't sometimes yell at your players as a hockey coach, you aren't doing your job.

As long as he didn't put his hands on him, or throw anything at him like last year, I'm fine with him yelling. Sometimes players need that to wake them up a little. They aren't stock boys at a grocery store, they are athletes, and it's part of the aspect of that life.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Unless I get an audio telling me otherwise, looks like he's telling Hall to shoot the puck. Not sure what the big deal is.

The big deal is coach is screaming, ranting, and losing it on a player. A #1 draft player with much more value than the guy in a suit losing his gasket.

If Eakins thinks this is the path to success he's drawing at his last straws. Theres so many ways that mutually respect to use to convey information. Not yelling and beaking off at somebody.

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
A coach does need to be able to come down on his players no matter what place in the roster they may have. You know I want Eakins gone as bad as the rest, but half the problem with these kids is that noone behind the bench reigns them in. If you don't sometimes yell at your players as a hockey coach, you aren't doing your job.

As long as he didn't put his hands on him, or throw anything at him like last year, I'm fine with him yelling. Sometimes players need that to wake them up a little. They aren't stock boys at a grocery store, they are athletes, and it's part of the aspect of that life.

I think Eakins is taking it over the line here. Surprised Hall resisted as much as he did by just turning his cheek twice. Which makes Hall more mature than the man in a position of responsibility coaching him.

jmo Eakins tried to pull some aggressive monkey **** here.

Its like Richie Cunningham trying to learn how to sound tough from Fonzie..:D

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
As a lip reading expert, I can unequivocally state that Eakins said:

"Oh Boy, l took my dog out last night so he could take a big fat crap, and then my neighbor said **** you and get the dog off my lawn"

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I think Eakins is taking it over the line here. Surprised Hall resisted as much as he did by just turning his cheek twice. Which makes Hall more mature than the man in a position of responsibility coaching him.

jmo Eakins tried to pull some aggressive monkey **** here.

Its like Richie Cunningham trying to learn how to sound tough from Fonzie..:D

Where does he take it over the line though? He's simply yelling at a player to get a point across. It happens multiple times a night on every NHL bench.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

In his physical prime Eakins would've kicked Hall's ass. Yes he sucks as a coach, but I'm still not sure that Hall could take him in a scrap today.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

You're absolutely right it's not okay. But not because he's less of a manly man than Taylor Hall is - but rather because he's a person. You'd think we'd moved beyond that sort of disgusting attitude, but apparantly it's alive and well in folks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad