Does anyone have the ability to score 130+ points?

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Veiled McDavid Matthews thread? Defense doesnt really appear to be a concern for either team.

User9992

Feb 27, 2016
McDavid in near future... If he stays out of injuries and continues his developing.

Matthews may be.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
Keep in mind that they called 2x the amount of penalties then as opposed to today
Top producers scored 2x pp pts

Add in goaltending/teams are solid throughout the entire league......

4th lines today on alot of teams would be 3rd or 4th lines easily in 95

Not conducive to anything over 100pts let alone 120 or higher

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I am jealous of Oilers fans for the first time ever. I wish it was easier to watch McDavid on the east coast, but the free preview right now is helping out. That guy is just a different player. You watch a line create chances every third shift and you think to yourself that they're having a good game. McDavid does something quite literally 9/10 shifts. It's a real treat to watch him play as a hockey fan, couldn't imagine if he was wearing my teams jersey. I think he might really be the closest we get to a modern gretzky

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
McDavid is a player like Mario. The second the puck is on his stick the Dmen think FML.

Then they need to make a sprint back to their goalie and hope they don't look stupid.

There's an desperate fear McDavid puts into opposition like Mario. I mean with Sid you know he's just going to outwork you. With McDavid you know he's just going to beat you. It's Mario-esque.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
easily McDavid... and honestly looks like he can do it this year

every time he touches the puck it seems like a goal will be scored

a587b

May 23, 2016
Tough this year but down the road if Edmonton can build a decent team around him, including a quality offensive defenceman it's entirely possible that McDavid could do it if he's healthy.

Crosby's totals in three consecutive shortened seasons (twice by injury, once by lockout plus some injury):

99 games, 159 points.

Projecting that per-game pace, in 81 games that's 130 points. And McDavid is no less of a talent than Crosby.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Tough this year but down the road if Edmonton can build a decent team around him, including a quality offensive defenceman it's entirely possible that McDavid could do it if he's healthy.

Crosby's totals in three consecutive shortened seasons (twice by injury, once by lockout plus some injury):

99 games, 159 points.

Projecting that per-game pace, in 81 games that's 130 points. And McDavid is no less of a talent than Crosby.

In the calendar year of 2010 Crosby had 126 points in 80 games. 60 goals and 66 assists.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
McDavid is a player like Mario. The second the puck is on his stick the Dmen think FML.

Then they need to make a sprint back to their goalie and hope they don't look stupid.

There's an desperate fear McDavid puts into opposition like Mario. I mean with Sid you know he's just going to outwork you. With McDavid you know he's just going to beat you. It's Mario-esque.
Despite all the other Mcdavid comparisons I'm starting to think he reminds me of Lemieux more than anyone. He's just ultra skilled and the way he can beat players one on one yet still has elite vision. Obviously they have different strengths and Lemieux was never among the fastest, but the way they attack defenses is remarkably similar imo.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Crosby-Malkin line with chemistry and stay healthy.

I don't think McDavid had the wingers or experience to do it yet. My darkhorse would be Backstrom. If he plays with Ovi netting 60 and Backstrom shot the puck more.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Crosby-Malkin line with chemistry and stay healthy.

I don't think McDavid had the wingers or experience to do it yet. My darkhorse would be Backstrom. If he plays with Ovi netting 60 and Backstrom shot the puck more.

:amazed:

That isn't going to happen lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad