Does anybody still think that Tmac was the problem, rather than the team itself?

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
This is funny from the uninformed/unwatching.
Also, ya like the tending TMac received?
Talk about uninformed. My lord.

He rode top tier goaltending in 16/17....maybe he'd be a decent coach in 2007, but its 2019 and he never adapted. Maybe you're stuck in 2007. Your bad trolling certainly is...

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
He rode top tier goaltending in 16/17....maybe he'd be a decent coach in 2007, but its 2019 and he never adapted. Maybe you're stuck in 2007. Your bad trolling certainly is...

For all of his greatness, I'm not convinced that maybe Hitch isn't past it as well with his schemes. He rode some elite goaltending for an 8 game stretch there with Koski, but since then, it's trended down as teams have figured him out with more film and study. This team is just too flawed for him to really make a serious impact.

Reactions: Missing smitty

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Why is it always one or the other? You can have bad management and still have a bad coach, why should a bad roster absolve bad coaching decisions?

Tmac this year was horrible. Had we kept him probably never would have got that Koskinen win streak as he wouldve stuck with his man Talbot.

I dont think its coincidence the goalies and team got worse as soon as two best dman went down. And yes this year Russel was really good and was anchoring the 2nd pair.

We had the deoth maybe could survive losing Klef or losing Russ bot not both.

At least when we lose Hitch line matches and uses time outs, looks like he is paying attention. Sometimes I wondered if Tmac was just lost in a ten min daydream. Standing there mouth open gum hanging out while the assistants just keep rolling lines.

Never thought Id say this but at least Eakins looked like he was trying/cared.

It also doesnt have to be completely polarized either. My point was that while there were things I didnt agree with regarding TMac's decisions that does make him a bad coach.
Many many posters on here used the fact that they didnt agree with TMac as evidence that he was a bad coach.
That perspective is flawed and self serving at best.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
He rode top tier goaltending in 16/17....maybe he'd be a decent coach in 2007, but its 2019 and he never adapted. Maybe you're stuck in .
2007. Your bad trolling certainly is...
Are you obtuse,purposely obtuse or willfully blind?
Ill take the former (its actually glaringly obvious) given our you are incapable of recognizing that our Hall of Fame Coach is getting the same results (arguably worse) that the anti Christ incarnate

Reactions: StevenF1919

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Are you obtuse,purposely obtuse or willfully blind?
Ill take the former (its actually glaringly obvious) given our you are incapable of recognizing that our Hall of Fame Coach is getting the same results (arguably worse) that the anti Christ incarnate

Whatever dude. Continue being a bad troll.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
it's the drafting and player development.
Since the GM is responsible for these areas it's the GM fault.
Been happening for 25 years now.
It's a cap league, if you can't draft you're destined to fail.

Spyderman

Nov 16, 2016
I never did see Tmac as the problem. His problem was that he had to go before theOilers were going to let Chia go. Now its time to part ways with Chia before he can do anymore damage.

Reactions: 8LX7psQ

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I still think TMac was a problem here. I dont believe hes a good coach. I think hes average.

But Chiarelli is ultimately at fault here. Hitchcock coming in and not getting anything out of the roster, makes it obvious, if it wasnt obvious before.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The way Hitch sucks up to Chiarelli and his every move is starting to turn my stomach. Say what you want to about TM, but I don’t recall him kissing ass like that during any of his time here.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Hearing that TMac shut down a deal for Brandon Manning made me chuckle.

Clearly TMac and Chia were not on the same page.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
MacT would have this team much further along with 97 and 29 at the helm then Chiarelli has. Chiarelli was bought in to gut this organization to its core and leave it in ruins. Nothing Chiarelli did turned out right in the end, and he is still employed.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This is how bad it has gotten, musing that a lousy coach might not have been the problem with a lousy team and that a lousy Gm (MacT) would be so much better than an atrocious GM.

It all starts at the top. Each and every critique of this team should start with Daryl Katz.

Reactions: A91

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Everyone has to go.
I know its not his style but if that isnt done I hope McDavid goes to Katz and tells it like it is.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad