Does anybody still think that Tmac was the problem, rather than the team itself?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So now that we have lost 5 in a row, and are no longer getting vezina calibre goaltending, which was the only reason we were winning games, is there anybody who thinks Hitch is better than Tmac? This is a terrible, TERRIBLE, team, and prime Bowman wouldn't make this sorry sack team any good.

There were a lot of people buying into the idea that our pathetic play was due to Tmac, which just simply isn't true. This team is not anywhere CLOSE to go good enough, and no coach will change that.

Reactions: Supermassive

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
It's a bit of both.
Injuries are a huge part why we are garbage right now but it wasn't all on TMac. He is a good coach but sucked at adjusting during games and could not get the PP going.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
I think he was a below average NHL coach. Never saw him outcoach an opponent or make the right in game adjustments. Everyone is trying to find the biggest whipping boy (ultimately it's Katz imo) but in reality we had ineptitude up and down the organization. McLellan was nothing special, doubt we see him lead an nhl team to success elsewhere.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It’s injurues.

This is our D right now

Nurse Larsson
Gravel Benning
Jones Wideman

When Klef and Russell are both out we can’t win period. No NHL team is winning games icing that D.

Reactions: dss97

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
None of these things are exclusive.

Tmac was awful, the gm is awful, the pro scouting is awful, the amateur scouting is awful, the president is awful, the owner is awful. We have one of the best players in the world in mcdavid. We have a very talented player in Drai and almost nothing else.

defenseman we as fans think are our good guys are medicore at best. Larsson might be the most overated 'good' player in the league.

We have no depth, few good prospects and few assets to improve.

Injuries are fat lame excuse because many teams have them.

The fans are good, too good for this train wreck.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Mclellan was an awful coach. Keep in mind we are missing 2 health dmen. This roster still sucks and thats on Chiarelli. Hitchcock was able to extract more than can be expected with the crapsandwich he was served.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Injuries are fat lame excuse because many teams have them.
Vegas was god awful with just Nate Schmidt out to start the year. When you don’t have depth like us and Vegas you need those top guys in the lineup or you just can’t win. It’s no coincidence Vegas started winning when Schmidt got back and it’s no coincidence we’ve lost every game since Klefbom and Russell got hurt.

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
I think its pretty simple why were losing. It seems the losing coincidentally started when klefbom our #1 and russell our #3 went down.

No teams going to succeed when the D takes such a massive hit. If this team had any kind of F depth maybe they could outscore their problems but thanks to a certain gm,this aint happening anytime soon.

As for mclellan, If he was in charge, wed probably be losing 10-0 every game instead

space321

May 11, 2011
there were some of us who said tmac wasn't the problem and got laughed at

i mean, tmac had his problems with coaching, but i've said from the beginning that this roster just isn't good enough. Even with klefbom healthy we're at BEST a wildcard team.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The team was doing pretty well until all the injuries. Team still has no offense outside a few players and Talbot is awful. lol

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Todd sucked.

Team is missing 3 of its top 4 defenders. Do that to any team, and youll end up icing an AHL defense corps.

Tough sledding.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Only the fans who don't really understand that if you have horrific goaltending and a horrific roster makes you a bad team.
But that would take some actual thought.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
there were some of us who said tmac wasn't the problem and got laughed at

i mean, tmac had his problems with coaching, but i've said from the beginning that this roster just isn't good enough. Even with klefbom healthy we're at BEST a wildcard team.
A lot of those same guys thought that somehow TMac was the reason why JP is an absolute dog & Hitch was going to be the dog whisperer.
Hows that working out?
Absolutely clueless

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
A lot of those same guys thought that somehow TMac was the reason why JP is an absolute dog & Hitch was going to be the dog whisperer.
Hows that working out?
Absolutely clueless

I'm still convinced that Todd is the reason JP has no confidence. Having a bad roster and a bad coach is entirely possible. Thinking that both aren't possible at the same time is absolutely clueless.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Hitch pushing the kids seems to me to be Chia using him as the mouthpiece to the fans, anything Chia says is derided, and Hitch with a few wins under his belt looked like a genius.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad