Does anybody else other then me genuinely feel bad for Horachek?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I mean, this goes way beyond if you are a tank nation fan or not.

This team has clearly checked out and they are destroying any possible chance Horachek finds a job with another team after this season.

it really is sad to watch the Leafs right now. No heart, no determination, no motivation, NOTHING!

Thoughts?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think he's necessarily gone from the organization. But it does suck for him.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
He's collecting a pay cheque. Not feeling bad for him at all!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I don't think he's necessarily gone from the organization. But it does suck for him.

I agree. I think he's doing the job management gave him so he should be rewarded with a job somewhere in the organization after he's relieved of the interim HC duties.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
i DID feel bad for him but the more this unfolds, the more it looks obvious that he's just doing what he signed up for: tank.

No, it's not good for his resume, infact it's career suicide. But as mentioned before, we don't know what his future plans are either. Maybe he's going to stick around with the organization after this season- maybe they'll keep him in another role- a totally possible (and common) scenario.

or, if he doesn't plan on sticking around, maybe his personal goals are to remain as just an assistant coach in this league, or maybe not a coach at all - who knows.

There's no longer any doubt as to what's happening on this team though, that doubt was removed long ago. This team IS tanking, and tanking deliberately. Some players are still trying because they need jobs next year - bit those guys are career minor-leaguers and won't cut it in the NHL, so that's a contributing factor to all these losses. Other players are just waiting to get out. The team is already dismantled emotionally, they're just going through the motions from now until the end of the season - they all know the team will be "rebuilding" in the off-season, so they're already looking forward to the next teams they get traded to, whoever they may be. EVERYONE on this team has officially "checked out". Peter is just filling that spot behind the bench because, well, there has to be somebody there ;)

What's been happening these past 8 weeks or so is not an accident or just "bad luck", it's intentional and the team (and coach) are just following the blueprints through til' April.

So no I no longer feel bad for Horachek, because he's doing exactly what was asked of him :)

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
I feel bad for him. :(

If he dreams to coach again in the NHL, it's not gong to happen now. Poor guy.

I do aswell. Horachek is a good coach. Not a coincidence that Florida starts to come out the gutter last season before Horachek gets fired. He improved their defensive game a ton. I just don't think anything can be done with this group at this point. Would have no problem having him back as an assistant next year.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Not as bad as I felt for Carlyle doing everything in his ability to squeeze out every last possible win out of this sorry bunch of losers.

But still bad.

He can't tell the media and fans how bad this team is.

His job right now is to instill the proper methods into the young players and future of this team (Holland, Kadri, Rielly) and nothing more than that.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
They just lost to the canes, the 4th worst team in the NHL. Lol Just lol. It's like the core team doesn't give a damn anymore.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Yeah, I feel bad for him.

I also felt bad for Carlyle for the amount of heat he took when it was clearly the players who were the problem. At least he is being somewhat vindicated now.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
Well they're the 5th worst team in the league, so what did you expect?
Toronto went into absolute freefall mode. They were not THIS bad before. The team just doesn't give a crap anymore.

The league should fine the team for deliberately throwing matches. It's one thing to trade upcoming ufas for picks and prospects. It's another to make deliberate personnel selections for the sole purpose of helping us lose (putting Clarkson on the power play STILL for one.)

Every team that misses the playoffs should get equal weighting in the draft lottery and the first 14 picks should be assigned by lottery draw among the non-playoff teams. Deliberate tanking for great draft picks is disgraceful.

Last edited:

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I mean, this goes way beyond if you are a tank nation fan or not.

This team has clearly checked out and they are destroying any possible chance Horachek finds a job with another team after this season.

it really is sad to watch the Leafs right now. No heart, no determination, no motivation, NOTHING!

Thoughts?

I somehow clicked the "ignore" option on this thread By accident.

How do I unignore it? LMFAO the only reason I can see this thread is because I made it and I went to my "go to my threads started" option. I obviously can't see it on the main page

Go easy on me with the chirps guys!! I am working the kinks out on my tablet!! :P

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
yea, its really quite pathetic the guys signed long term don't have f**ks to give. it's guys whose contracts are on the line like booth, winnik, kadri that're trying. It feels like the team has forgotten that you can skate in the middle of the ice. they just go around shoot from the boards, circle around the boundaries once and go for a change.

Everyone on that 1st line is an embarassment. I feel bad for horachek but i can't say he's going to be part of the solution either.

Mike Martin

Nov 1, 2013
I feel worse for Jokinen, he's actually trying to give his new teammates advice on the ice as though they care and it must be weird for them too because they know he won't be here for very long.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
You kidding! It's the everyday Leaf fan I feel sorry for! How about that group of leafs fans sitting behind the Leafs bench tonight. Screw Horachek!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Yeah, I do. He seems like a decent guy, and this must be hell for him and for whatever hopes he had of getting other coaching jobs in the NHL.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
This guy is doing his job to a T

Hilarious if anyone thinks he won't find another NHL job. Even more hilarious people feel sorry for him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I don't think anyone should feel bad for him, he seemed to have no reservation replacing Carlyle was fired. He wanted the job. And If anything, he may be fondly remembered as the coach that coached us into a great pick in 2015.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
This guy is doing his job to a T

Hilarious if anyone thinks he won't find another NHL job. Even more hilarious people feel sorry for him.

Right or wrong, how do you think it sounds when a GM interviews you for a head coaching gig and you have to blame all of the players and management for your record?

Gigi Elle

'Til I Die
Jan 5, 2015
I feel like he walked into a huge mess. I honestly don't know if another coach could have done much better, considering what he had to work with. And the further they've fallen, they seem to care less and less.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
They just lost to the canes, the 4th worst team in the NHL. Lol Just lol. It's like the core team doesn't give a damn anymore.

you're acting like you're only clueing in now? Been this way for a long while now and iot's not a surprise... they DON'T give a damn anymore lol. And they're not even hiding it!!!

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I feel bad for every coach with the Leafs in the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad