Value of: Does Andrew Shaw have any value?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Everyone screaming negative value in this thread. I think at 50% retained he could probably get moved for a late picm

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Everyone screaming negative value in this thread. I think at 50% retained he could probably get moved for a late picm

Not everyone, 50/50 or 60/40 are. A gritty forward with playoff pedigree signed for 3 extra years under 2M only gets a late pick? If we were to retain like that, he would easily be worth 2nd + at the deadline assuming his knee is good and he doesn't get injured again.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Not everyone, 50/50 or 60/40 are. A gritty forward with playoff pedigree signed for 3 extra years under 2M only gets a late pick? If we were to retain like that, he would easily be worth 2nd + at the deadline assuming his knee is good and he doesn't get injured again.
Maybe a mid pick instead of a late pick but there is no way Shaw gets a 2nd+

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Maybe a mid pick instead of a late pick but there is no way Shaw gets a 2nd+

Hartman Vs 1st ++
Plekanec Vs 2nd +
Grabner Vs 2nd +

Shaw would be only 27 yo at next trade deadline. with 50% retention that's 1.95M/year for 3 more years for a gritty 15 goals scorer playing all forward position. Maybe on HF he's not worth a 2nd + under these conditions.

Reactions: xNogaitx

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I was ready to suggest Shaw + Benn for Andrew MacDonald if he was recovering well from the concussion. 6+ months off due to the knee surgery, though ...

Yea, I really hope he gets better. In a way, I'm happy it wasn't post-concussion syndrom but a knee injury. Knee surgery like this are really common now and rarely dramatically affects the player. 6 months should put him ready to play in mid-november.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

His pedigree includes a habit of terrible discipline and low IQ.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yea, I really hope he gets better. In a way, I'm happy it wasn't post-concussion syndrom but a knee injury. Knee surgery like this are really common now and rarely dramatically affects the player. 6 months should put him ready to play in mid-november.

Indeed. I hope Shaw's concussion problems are behind him and he can reHab :)cool:) his knee to good health. As a trade target, however, that's not a good combo.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I just wanted to see if Andrew Shaw had any value?

Can play center or wing, plays tough, takes dumb penalties, has concussion issues etc etc etc...

What is your best offer?

please try and keep it civil!
I offer one Brendan Smith

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
A team that wants to get to the cap floor might take him as long as his deal is insured. The style he plays with his injury history makes him a LTIR time bomb just waiting to go off any moment.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I offer one Brendan Smith
Sure. If Smith is going to be in the AHL they should give him a shot to stay in the league. Of course I do not represent any NHL team so my opinion is worth less than he is at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad