TV: Doctor Who series/season 14: 60th Anniversary teaser trailer

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Best episode of the Jodie Whittaker era so far. Loved it. And a new Master.

Eh the new Master thing kinda pisses me off. How many times are they gonna recycle that plot device? Unless this turns out to be a regeneration that occurred somewhere between the Simm/Saxon Master and Missy, how the hell could he have survived and escaped the black hole ship?

But yeah otherwise great episode, loved the Bond-esque music...

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Eh the new Master thing kinda pisses me off. How many times are they gonna recycle that plot device? Unless this turns out to be a regeneration that occurred somewhere between the Simm/Saxon Master and Missy, how the hell could he have survived and escaped the black hole ship?

But yeah otherwise great episode, loved the Bond-esque music...

Time travel. Who knows what incarnation of the Master this is. I'm guessing we'll find out. "Everything that you think you know is a lie".

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
This was an okay episode. It was much better than last season's opener, where we had to familiarize ourselves with three companions and a less than compelling villain. I enjoyed most everything in this one until the reveal. I was expecting a new antagonist, and was liking the mystery around these new creatures, but here we go again with the Master.

Whittaker is a good Doctor -- funny, witty, manic when needed, and cuter than Capaldi.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Great finish to the two-parter. Really interested in now what the Timelords lied to The Doctor and Master about.

Looks like we’re going to find out about the Timeless Child. I liked the way the Doctor sent the “fam” messages from the past about flying the plane. Reminded me of the 10th Doctor in “Blink”.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
giphy.gif

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The Master is a great character. Can't understand why anybody wouldn't want him/her around. will check out season 12 if he's back.

I actually do like Whitaker, but the story writing just isn't what it once was. Not really feeling it with these companions either tbh.

I thought season 11 was really awful. One can only be carried so far by constantly using the sonic screwdriver and making that cute dorky British squinty face she has. Both should be used with much more moderation.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah, good episode. The show generally does well with historical figures. Maybe one day the Doctor will meet Einstein. Looks like next week we should get more of the big lie.

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
I quite liked this one. Good creature designs for the humanoid villains and nice performances by Anjli Mohindra and Goran Višnjić. Last week's Orphan 55 was a little too cookie cutter for me -- Who has done its share of similar feeling stories. There was more room to breathe in this week's episode.

Period pieces like Tesla are almost always my favorites. More of this, please.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Well I’m pretty confused. I assume we’ll find out who that new Doctor is/was/will be. Sure seems like there is something big planned for this season but I have no idea what it is.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This week was better than the last two, which I thought were pretty “meh”. On a side note, Jodie Whittaker is a fantastic Doctor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad