TV: Doctor Who series/season 14: 60th Anniversary teaser trailer

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So, that episode really messes with the Doctor Who canon. Is the Master really dead this time? Is Gallifrey really destroyed. And will the "fam" be back for next season?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As a stand alone that was a fantastic two part finale. Was a bit puzzling that they didnt overtly acknowledge that the CyberTimeLord (or the Master/Syberium)was the Hybrid that was the focus of the last Capaldi season.

But as a long time viewer, the total crapping on the previous canon (ie why did Mattt Smith's Doctor need new regenerations, why didnt Clara see any of the older Doctors in his timeline, why does the Ruth Doctor have a Police Box Tardis, etc) is infuriating.

And what the hell is "The Division"??

Definitely ballsy of Chibnall to just say "Sod it all" and take things off the rails.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As a stand alone that was a fantastic two part finale. Was a bit puzzling that they didnt overtly acknowledge that the CyberTimeLord (or the Master/Syberium)was the Hybrid that was the focus of the last Capaldi season.

But as a long time viewer, the total crapping on the previous canon (ie why did Mattt Smith's Doctor need new regenerations, why didnt Clara see any of the older Doctors in his timeline, why does the Ruth Doctor have a Police Box Tardis, etc) is infuriating.

And what the hell is "The Division"??

Definitely ballsy of Chibnall to just say "Sod it all" and take things off the rails.

This show has retconned itself throughout it's 40 year history so why harp on it now?

Also this:

This actually retconned everything to make sense.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This show has retconned itself throughout it's 40 year history so why harp on it now?

Also this:

This actually retconned everything to make sense.

I don't know who that guy is, but unless someone is paying him he has way too much time on his hands. Also, that bookshelf!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Recorded it but haven't watched it yet. I'll record the 2nd tonight and probably watch both of them this week.

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
I enjoyed the first episode. Jodie's run has been very hit and miss for me. Like her Doctor and would've been okay with her sticking around for more seasons, but understand the departure. Writing throughout her tenure was too inconsistent. "It Takes You Away" might be my favorite episode of hers, even though it's unremarkable in the grand scheme. I never really took to her original companions, except maybe Yaz.

New companion is likeable. Villain is sufficiently threatening. Busy episode. It reminded me more of a Tennant/Smith era Doctor Who (i.e., I was entertained). Promising start.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Still mildly pissed that Capaldi's talent and undying love for the franchise was pissed away with terribad writing and execution.

Can we have a redo under Davis?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I swear, there is nothing scarier in the world of scifi, than a Doctor Who episode featuring the Weeping Angels. :sacred:

Holy shit what an episode.

I was going to ask that weren't the Angels supposed to send their victims 100 years back in time like Amy and & Rory were but this village was out of time for a purpose so that cleared it.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yeah, I didn't see that ending coming at all. The Angels are definitely scary but they've always kind of done the same thing every episode they appear in, so I wasn't that into it... until that ending. No idea where it goes next.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, I didn't see that ending coming at all. The Angels are definitely scary but they've always kind of done the same thing every episode they appear in, so I wasn't that into it... until that ending. No idea where it goes next.

Daleks, Cybermen, you can blast them with something. Weeping Angels? There's no go-to way to fight them. Reflective/mirror force shield, anyone tried anything like that?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Daleks, Cybermen, you can blast them with something. Weeping Angels? There's no go-to way to fight them. Reflective/mirror force shield, anyone tried anything like that?

Since they've established that anything that can hold the image of an angel can be an angel I don't think mirrors would work. There's the old, "get in the Tardis and let them surround you and then take off and let them stare at each other" trick, but that takes a fair bit of planning.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Since they've established that anything that can hold the image of an angel can be an angel I don't think mirrors would work. There's the old, "get in the Tardis and let them surround you and then take off and let them stare at each other" trick, but that takes a fair bit of planning.

You just gotta science the shit out of that.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pretty good season finale. Got a bit wibbley wobbley timey wimey at the end. New Year's special next, maybe we see the new Doctor then?

Nope. More specials coming. Legend Of The Seas Devils coming this Spring and one more before series 14 begins in November 2023.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Just watched Eve of the Daleks, and well, meh. Thought the time loop thing was interesting until it looped for like the 50th time. I also recorded the extended version and now I'm wondering what did they do to extend it? Have them die another 50 times?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just watched Eve of the Daleks, and well, meh. Thought the time loop thing was interesting until it looped for like the 50th time. I also recorded the extended version and now I'm wondering what did they do to extend it? Have them die another 50 times?

The one I watched was about 58 minutes 34 seconds.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The one I watched was about 58 minutes 34 seconds.

That’s probably the version I watched although I think it was over an hour. Maybe because of commercials. In any case, they broadcasted two versions here, and I recorded both. The extended one, which I haven’t watched yet, is listed at 2.5 hours. I can’t imagine how they could stretch that episode out for another hour+.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s probably the version I watched although I think it was over an hour. Maybe because of commercials. In any case, they broadcasted two versions here, and I recorded both. The extended one, which I haven’t watched yet, is listed at 2.5 hours. I can’t imagine how they could stretch that episode out for another hour+.

No Doctor Who episode is that long, maybe it includes another episode and behind the scenes stuff? There's no torrent for an extended episode.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No Doctor Who episode is that long, maybe it includes another episode and behind the scenes stuff? There's no torrent for an extended episode.

Well, I’ll watch it some time this week and see what it’s all about. I was thinking maybe it has interviews or other behind the scenes stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad