Do you take Kane if.....

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don't recall Simmonds and Voracek coming with their own U-Haul of baggage.

Touche. However, Seguin and Carter came with "baggage" and certainly excelled in their new home. It's all about fit IMO and Kane would be perfect for the Flyers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Touche. However, Seguin and Carter came with "baggage" and certainly excelled in their new home. It's all about fit IMO and Kane would be perfect for the Flyers.

Seguin also had a far higher ceiling and was performing better than Kane even while losing his mind, and it took Carter two tries.

I just don't wanna take the risk at his cap hit and expected price. It's potentially high risk high reward but I'm not sure we are in a situation where we can take that risk yet. A few years ago...yes. Perhaps a couple years from now...yes. Right now, I'm just not feeling it; we aren't a fantastic team where he would be "just a guy" with potential, he would be expected to be a major piece from the get-go and that gives him a bit of leverage; considering his diva ways, I'm uncomfortable with that at this point.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Seguin also had a far higher ceiling and was performing better than Kane even while losing his mind, and it took Carter two tries.

I just don't wanna take the risk at his cap hit and expected price. It's potentially high risk high reward but I'm not sure we are in a situation where we can take that risk yet. A few years ago...yes. Perhaps a couple years from now...yes. Right now, I'm just not feeling it; we aren't a fantastic team where he would be "just a guy" with potential, he would be expected to be a major piece from the get-go and that gives him a bit of leverage; considering his diva ways, I'm uncomfortable with that at this point.

It's also worth noting that both Carter and Seguin's issues were deemed a problem by the management teams. But for the most part, both guys were still well liked by their teammates. With Kane, it's pretty much out in the open that his teammates can't stand him.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Where are people getting this idea that all of Kane's teammates hate him? Because Byfuglien threw his track suit in the shower?

I'm sure all of Carter's teammates on CBJ were less than thrilled with him. It wasn't a situation he wanted to be a part of, similar to Kane in Winnipeg. It's clear he wants out, and who wouldn't want out of Winnipeg. I wouldn't want to live there if you paid me double my salary.

I think he could thrive on a team like ours, especially next to a center like Giroux.

It's also worth noting that both Carter and Seguin's issues were deemed a problem by the management teams. But for the most part, both guys were still well liked by their teammates. With Kane, it's pretty much out in the open that his teammates can't stand him.

What? Where are you getting this? I thought the consensus was that Carter wasn't well liked because he was moping the entire time he was in Columbus and not performing. In Boston, I remember multiple stories about Chara having to personally deal with Seguin. There were issues with teammates on both CBJ and Boston.

In the end, it's talent that matters. Once you start winning/playing well, none of the other ******** matters.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Where are people getting this idea that all of Kane's teammates hate him? Because Byfuglien threw his track suit in the shower?

Wheeler had some harsh words for him. It's pretty clear Kane has problems with more than just a few guys on the team.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Wheeler has also called him out publicly on multiple occasions. That's 2/3rds of their leadership group expressing their anger with him in not so subtle fashion. I think it's safe to say that at least a good chunk of their group dislikes him.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
And at that point, the value of that pick drops significantly. Don't get me wrong - I'm not in favor of dealing that pick unless it's for a young player with high-end potential and term on his deal. Kane fits that bill IMO.

The Flyers are in the exact position they're in right now cap wise because of their inability to fill holes in their lineup with draft picks. I like Evander Kane and I agree with your assessment, but the only way I'm comfortable moving the 1st for a player with that type of cap hit is if I think it puts us into contender status. I don't believe that's the case with Kane.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
the amount of excuses young NHL players get for being immature is ****ing bizarre. ''he doesn't want to live in Winnipeg'', ''he doesn't want to live in Columbus'', ect.

How about just grow the **** up? Oh no you get to play hockey for 6 mill a year. Poor baby!

Big Buff should have done a lot more than throw his track suit in the shower....

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
the amount of excuses young NHL players get for being immature is ****ing bizarre. ''he doesn't want to live in Winnipeg'', ''he doesn't want to live in Columbus'', ect.

How about just grow the **** up? Oh no you get to play hockey for 6 mill a year. Poor baby!

Big Buff should have done a lot more than throw his track suit in the shower....

There is truth to all of this. Welcome to pro sports, 2015. Unfortunately.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm sure all of Carter's teammates on CBJ were less than thrilled with him. It wasn't a situation he wanted to be a part of, similar to Kane in Winnipeg.
carter got traded to [at the time] one of the worst teams in the league in one of the worst places in the league just about two minutes before his NTC/NMC kicked in...

:dunno:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Winnipeg likely already have given a crash course on shutting your mouth in regards to Kane to all of it's employees. You're not going to hear a whole lot until now & when he's eventually moved from their end.

I wouldn't be surpised if you see someone openly bash him when he is out of that organization though.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
From what im reading jets want in return for kane the high salary and the baggage that comes with him i hope hextall has the smarts to hang up the phone.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

I'm sure all of Carter's teammates on CBJ were less than thrilled with him. It wasn't a situation he wanted to be a part of, similar to Kane in Winnipeg. It's clear he wants out, and who wouldn't want out of Winnipeg. I wouldn't want to live there if you paid me double my salary.

I think he could thrive on a team like ours, especially next to a center like Giroux.

What? Where are you getting this? I thought the consensus was that Carter wasn't well liked because he was moping the entire time he was in Columbus and not performing. In Boston, I remember multiple stories about Chara having to personally deal with Seguin. There were issues with teammates on both CBJ and Boston.

In the end, it's talent that matters. Once you start winning/playing well, none of the other ******** matters.

I'm sure Carter didn't have many friends in CBJ, but I was talking about the trade from Philly. His teammates weren't actively turning against him like people have in Winnipeg with Kane. Homer pulled that deal because he thought it was for the betterment of the club, not because he was alienating himself in the locker room.

Seguin's only real issues in Boston were with partying. He was still getting better on the ice and his teammates all spoke incredibly high of him after he was traded. It's no surprise that he's a little bit older now and you're hearing less and less about off-ice indiscretions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad