Do you take Kane if.....

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
The cost is Vinny and the flyers 2015 first? My thinking is getting rid of that contract is a huge +, and considering our 1st is likely to be in the 10-15 range, I do it. Kane would be immense on the first line, and give us a very, very good 2nd line as well. The only way I don't do this, is if we think whomever we pick projects to be better than Kane. Keep in mind the kid is only 23 years old...

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
that would be a dream trade, a franchise changing trade.

In a freaking heartbeat, no brainer, and a very 1 sided trade.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
that would be a dream trade, a franchise changing trade.

In a freaking heartbeat, no brainer, and a very 1 sided trade.

Is it? You think people will be throwing 1st rounders at Kane with this draft? I'm not so sure... I could very well be wrong though :) Or what needs to be added in your opinion, to make it more reasonable?

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Is it? You think people will be throwing 1st rounders at Kane with this draft? I'm not so sure... I could very well be wrong though :) Or what needs to be added in your opinion, to make it more reasonable?

Kane is one of the best players in the nhl, a top liner in this league and very young.

The jets if they choose to trade him will be able to get a superior package than that.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Realistically the Jets will be looking at someone like Brayden Schenn plus additional assets. Simmonds too, I guess.

Vinny + our 1st is absolute robbery.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
Realistically the Jets will be looking at someone like Brayden Schenn plus additional assets. Simmonds too, I guess.

Vinny + our 1st is absolute robbery.

ok, I was off by a long shot. No big deal. But Schenn and Simmonds? That seems an awful steep price too me. Isn't Kane rather injury prone as well?

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
ok, I was off by a long shot. No big deal. But Schenn and Simmonds? That seems an awful steep price too me. Isn't Kane rather injury prone as well?

No, what I meant was either Schenn or Simmonds - not both. And then a little something extra. Could've worded my post better in retrospect.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Kane is one of the best players in the nhl, a top liner in this league and very young.

The jets if they choose to trade him will be able to get a superior package than that.

You must be nuts. I want no part of a 6mill stiff. He is a punk period. I know you are in love with the nut but come on be real. If Ron makes a deal with the jets I offer a six pack only and it can be warm. You really think the jets may keep him? My God man he is all but gone. He will not play for the jets again. This is coming from someone who used to like Kane. No divas allowed on the Flyers.

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
You must be nuts. I want no part of a 6mill stiff. He is a punk period. I know you are in love with the nut but come on be real. If Ron makes a deal with the jets I offer a six pack only and it can be warm. You really think the jets may keep him? My God man he is all but gone. He will not play for the jets again. This is coming from someone who used to like Kane. No divas allowed on the Flyers.

I don't think he will play another game with the jets, but his talent far outweighs his off ice flaws Imo. He is a kid yet, and has plenty of time to "grow up".

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

You win with talent. And this flyers team is void of talent at forward. To get a guy like Kane would make us a better team from day 1.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I love how I proposed this 3 days ago and got absolutely ridiculed for it and I even put a condition that if the pick is McDavid it turns into a 2016 first.

Lottery Protected 1st. If we win its a 2016 1st. + 1 of Lecavalier/Umberger/MacDonald

This is about as much as I'd give up and I'd only do it if they took one of our worstestestest contracts back. No giving up Read, no giving up Morin :facepalm:, no giving up Schenns, what have you. If its on the roster and isn't one of the 3 players I mentioned it's not available for him. And Ghost Morin Sanheim arent available either.

Hextall wouldn't dream of doing this. This guy is damaged goods who they have to move. You don't offer up a top ten pick in a great draft.

You're clueless.

Because Kane has pretty much forced himself out of Winnipeg. You don't give up a top ten pick in the Most loaded draft in ten years to a team with little leverage.

Come on, we're talking about a draft year like 2003 if not better. I promise you, whoever we pick will NOT wear a track suit.

Last edited:

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

he's not even close to being one of the best and he's been playing on the jets 3rd line this year. he's had 1 30 goal season and has never even had a 30G pace in any other season. Never skated a full 82 gm schedule either. Why the hell do people grow boners for him?

I'll admit he's got great physical tools, but that's not the be all and end all. 6 seasons in this league and he still hasn't put it together. you factor in his off ice issues and it's an easy decision to stay away.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I would be pleased if Hextall obtained Kane. Like I posted recently, it helps the team slide down someone like B Schenn to 2nd-line LW, and I could see him, Couturier and Simmonds playing well together.

The obvious "but" is cost. On the surface, bringing in Kane while getting out from under the Lecavalier contract would be ideal without giving up other assets. But Kane has several question marks, including health, and is logging a hefty cap hit himself. The cost-managed young player Hextall could get in the top 10 is even more valuable to the Flyers than to a non-cap-ceiling team.

I'm on the fence, despite it making the Flyers much stronger next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad