GDT: Do you know the way to San Jose?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It won’t make a difference. Look at our centers, we’ve got a third line center, two fourth line centers, and an AHL third line center. I would think it would be better to put Aho in the center, but that’s it, that’s our center depth. There’s probably AHL teams that look better.

I don't care so much about position. The fundamental issue with this roster is that there are just two players that are capable on being the #1 option on a scoring line: Aho and Svechnikov. Even Svechnikov is hit or miss, given his age. The rest are complimentary players. Teravainen barely looks Top 6 caliber away from Aho.

Even if bringing up Kuokkanen wouldn't make a big difference, you have to at least try. They're just barely above 2 GF/G since the beginning of last month.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Prince alberts vs no prince alberts
Not knowing the actual origin, I always assumed the "Prince Albert" in question was Albert, Prince of Monaco.

He seemed like the type, with his earlier bachelor escapades and whatnot. His Wikipedia page has his Issue sorted out as "legitimate" and "illegitimate".

Albert II, Prince of Monaco - Wikipedia

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
As opposed to all the secondary scoring we’re getting right now?

Lately we've gotten more secondary scoring than primary one. Jordan Martinook is tied for 2nd on the team in goals. Even if we take away his hattrick, he'd be tied with Williams and only have 1 less than Staal.

This team either needs Aho to go on another streak, or they need TT, Rask, and McGinn to become functioning hockey players again.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
We have one functioning goal scorer that Rod will play in the top 6, named Ferland and he's out with a concussion. Gonna have to grind out some dirty goals until he's back, or hope our goal tenders play lights out, and even then it's a tall order with how snake bitten everyone is.

Last edited:

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I do not know about you, but tonight, as the only solution, I entrust myself to the San Jose I know:

san%20giuseppe%204.jpg

Phil Di Giuseppe own hat-trick incoming.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Eat and use electricity.

But what comes to my job, I pack steel in a plastic coating factory. I normally got the usual 8 hour shifts, but when a guy is away on sick leave like the case is today, it's a SOP to have the dumb SOB on the adjanced shift to do that shift on top of his own as overtime.

It's relaxed enough job (usually) so you can pull off a 16 hourer every now and then.

Cool. Glad to hear there are still factory jobs out there.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Man, with Ferland out that forward group looks really bad... :(
A whopping 15 assists for the starting centers, including 0 on the bottom six. Logan Couture has 18.

In fairness Aho got a decent number when he was playing C but this is the same problem that's plaguing the Canes for years, i.e., a dearth of playmaking pivots.

Forget about HD chances when you are shooting at a squared-up goalie at hitting his crest or pads. Without legit playmaking centers, it's hard to make the goalie move side-to-side.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
A whopping 15 assists for the starting centers, including 0 on the bottom six. Logan Couture has 18.

In fairness Aho got a decent number when he was playing C but this is the same problem that's plaguing the Canes for years, i.e., a dearth of playmaking pivots.

Forget about HD chances when you are shooting at a squared-up goalie at hitting his crest or pads. Without legit playmaking centers, it's hard to make the goalie move side-to-side.

Mitch Marner has more than twice the number of assists of our entire center group combined.

Pls send halp

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Mitch Marner has more than twice the number of assists of our entire center group combined.

Pls send halp
No you shall continue to do the same thing until the assists magically appear.
the moral is bad due to the beatings.. Nonsense the beatings shall continue until the moral improves..
It's only logical..

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
SAN JOSE - San Jose marks the second of three stops the Carolina Hurricanes will make in California this week.
Brett Pesce will return to the blue line after missing nine games with a lower-body injury.
Rod Brind'Amour on Brett Pesce returning to the lineup: "He's one of our best defensemen. ... He's got to be dynamic. He's got to be strong and tough to play against."
GAME PREVIEW
Here is the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.
Forwards
Aho-Staal-Teravainen
McGinn-Rask-Williams
Svechnikov-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-Bishop-Di Giuseppe
Defense
Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
van Riemsdyk-Pesce
Goalies
McElhinney
Mrazek
Scratches: Fleury (healthy), Ferland (concussion)
Note: Lineup subject to change prior to opening faceoff.
Projected Lineup: Hurricanes at Sharks

Reactions: Unsustainable

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
So easy to make this team better (90% sure) with a few line changes:

Goalies and D are good. Just use the talent on F and see where it takes us.

Svech Aho Necas
Foegele Rask Teräväinen
Kuokkanen Staal Williams
McGinn Wallmark Martinook

Or..

Aho Staal Svech
Necas Rask Teräväinen
Kuokkanen Wallmark Williams
McGinn Bishop Martinook

Anything but McGinn and Martinook in top9 even though I like them both. Foegele should get back to AHL at least for a while.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Am I the only one who thinks Pesce coming back could slightly hurt us? Not because Pesce is bad, but because it forces TVR back on his offside again, which was a glaring weakness when he’s playing on the left side.

Canes defensively have been extremely solid without Pesce. TVR included.

Canes overall have a 2.73 GAA

Canes during the 9 games Pesce has been out they have a 2.12 GAA

I will say Pesce probably helps the offensive needle slighfly forward.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
There are definitely a lot of successful teams stacking their top line, and to an extent being carried by those lines. I'd prefer that at this point to trying to spread our meager talent around. We sorta did that with the FAT line, and they did carry us for a bit early on, but I think I'd like to try some combo of Svech, Aho, and TT and see how much offense they can put up. Next 9 can be mixed and matched in whatever order to try and chip in secondary scoring and take defensive assignments.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
There are definitely a lot of successful teams stacking their top line, and to an extent being carried by those lines. I'd prefer that at this point to trying to spread our meager talent around. We sorta did that with the FAT line, and they did carry us for a bit early on, but I think I'd like to try some combo of Svech, Aho, and TT and see how much offense they can put up. Next 9 can be mixed and matched in whatever order to try and chip in secondary scoring and take defensive assignments.

I’d like to see this too. But as we’ve seen with Rod so far we can’t get our hopes up for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad