Do you have a 'second' team? Which one?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Kings are actually my favourite team and so it's been a tough stretch the past few years on both fronts. At least with L.A. though, they've got some good prospects to get excited about the near future; Toronto just seems to be getting worse each year.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Given the timing I laughed pretty hard when I saw this thread title

I follow the Penguins pretty closely, but never as close as the Leafs (until obviously they get eliminated). I guess I sort of like Vegas too... I liked the Wild when they had Clutterbuck but I can't get myself to like the Islanders after the Tavares treatment (and being a Penguins rival), love the way they play though.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I follow the AV's for a Western team but am kind of rooting for the Krakhead's to do well and in the playoffs I follow the Islander's but I believe thats some sort of masochistic thing .

MapleLeafsMats

Aug 9, 2020
I also follow the Colorado Avalanche. Admired Foppa and Sakic back in the days and Nathan MacKinnon is my favourite player in the league.

Reactions: saffronleaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
At the moment it would be the Islanders. I liked Komarov when he was here, followed him over there, and got hooked on their solid dedication to playing the game the right way.

I've also always liked Detroit, Winnipeg, and Montreal, to a lesser extent. Don't like Boston and Ottawa (either the cities or the teams), but other than those two, I'm just a big hockey fan.

Last edited:

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I have never even considered a second team unti just now. Probably would pick Detroit. Only an hour and 25 minutes from me and I have some friends there that I raced against back in the day…….so Detroit it is

MapleLeafsMats

Aug 9, 2020
I wouldn't say my second team as i probably will never own one of their jerseys but I have really taken a liking to the New York Islanders over the last few years, fun team to watch plus the old Nassau Coliseum was one of my all time fav rinks to see games in!

Plus lets be honest, we haven't had a rivalry with them since 2001 (god that was a fun playoff series!) So i do not feel as guilty cheering them on:laugh:
Well they did usurp us for a playoff spot in 07 when they grabbed Ryan Smyth at the deadline, wasn't too fond of the Islanders or the Devils for that matter then...

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Dallas Cowboys
London Knights
Blue Jays and Raptors.

I loathe watching any NHL games other than the Leafs.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Dallas Cowboys
London Knights
Blue Jays and Raptors.

I loathe watching any NHL games other than the Leafs.
I feel somewhat the same about baseball - not really interested if the Jays aren't playing.

But hockey is different. If you're only watching the Leafs, you're missing a lot of really good hockey. It also gives you a better idea of how bad we are, and why.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Raptors
Very casually watch the Jays
Pakistan Cricket team lol

Really like the Pens but I only watch them in the playoffs when leafs are put. Recently they've been eliminated same time so haven't caught many of their games

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't have a second team, but I am always pulling for one team or the other in every game I watch... those are only momentairly preferences and fade as soon as the game ends.

I more so cheer against teams than cheer for them... you can guess which teams are on that list.

Team First

Jul 18, 2010
Anybody but the Habs*, or Bruins....

* I actually respect the Montreal Canadiens franchise and their upper echelon fans. It's the lower level loudmouths who drive me away.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Given that this iteration of the Leafs is extremely difficult to watch and utterly gutless nasty trash from top to bottom (except Nylander), is there a second team you also follow?

Which one?

Really? A likely playoff team is utterly gutless and difficult to watch? Can't take much more of this board.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00