Do you have a 'second' team? Which one?

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Don’t have a second team but I find watching other teams to be more enjoyable than watching this collection of failures. For one thing, win or lose I don’t get upset and on top of that I actually get a chance to watch good competent hockey for a change.

Reactions: saffronleaf

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
Unfortunately my 2nd team is the Penguins. Been a fan of them since before they won their 1st cup. Always liked them because of Mario. He's my favourite player.

But the leafs are still my top team easily, even though they must hate me with the way they treat me

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
I wouldn't say my second team as i probably will never own one of their jerseys but I have really taken a liking to the New York Islanders over the last few years, fun team to watch plus the old Nassau Coliseum was one of my all time fav rinks to see games in!

Plus lets be honest, we haven't had a rivalry with them since 2001 (god that was a fun playoff series!) So i do not feel as guilty cheering them on:laugh:

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Detroit. Ive been a huge fan of them since the mid 90s. They had so many players that left it all out there. Osgood with his shitty helmet was awesome to watch as well. Watch the way the wings played in the mid to late 90s and you’ll fall in love with them too.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Not since Kessel won his Cups. It was really painful rooting for Pittsburgh. Don't like that team at all really.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Usually Ovi if he's still going. Lately the Islanders, wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers have some success.

Reactions: violaswallet

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Caps. All started back in 1982 as I collected those O-Pee-Chee NHL sticker albums. I really liked their logo and a lot of the player pics seemed to be taking in the Caps arena

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Colorado, when they start losing their stars get mad. Landeskog and Mackinnon get mean and miserable to the other team... Even during a loss its nice to see.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
My second team is Tampa Bay. Originally from when they drafted the "Rimouski Brothers" Lecavalier (whom I wanted the Leafs to tank, draft and build around) and Richards as a curiosity and later enjoyed their 2004 Stanley Cup run with that group led by Marty St Louis. Then they ran into tough times and ended up with Steven Stamkos, who is my favorite player of the early 2010s and changed their brand to blue and white. And with their recent cup runs it's just been ambient good times from far away.

Makes me kind of sad though that Toronto's constantly used Tampa as a yardstick. Even as a casual fan of that team my thought to those comments is always "you have no idea what you're talking about."

Reactions: HUJILU

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
As a kid I used to love Minnesota Wild and Tampa because Gaborik and St. Louis were my favourite players, I still have a soft spot for the Wild but generally I'm more of a fan of specific players around the league than any teams.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Unfortunately my 2nd team is the Penguins. Been a fan of them since before they won their 1st cup. Always liked them because of Mario. He's my favourite player.

But the leafs are still my top team easily, even though they must hate me with the way they treat me

Being a Leaf fan is akin to being in a toxic relationship, you keep coming back thinking they've changed, but people like that don't ever change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad