Do you have a 'second' team? Which one?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Dallas Cowboys
London Knights
Blue Jays and Raptors.

I loathe watching any NHL games other than the Leafs.
You're missing a lot of good hockey then.

I tend to watch a lot of games that have fantasy implications for my keeper league. I have Kirill Kaprizov but even if I didn't, the Wild are a super fun team to watch. Lots of likeable guys beyond Kaprizov - Foligno, Hartman, Spurgeon, Talbot, JEE, Zucc...

Reactions: saffronleaf

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
Seriously considering one (for us Leafs fans mental health sake :laugh:), but I struggle to pick another since I've never lived in a different province or state, or have buddies who cheer for another team, etc..

Last edited:

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Wasnt around for the rivalry so Montreal for me.

Les Habitant mon duexieme. ahhhh Vieux port, a Rue St Paul avec mon fille, apres un bistro romantique

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Not a 2nd fav team, but I have some favorite players around the league and I like to see them do well. Patty Kane is one, I wouldn't call myself a hawks fan but Kane is one of my all time fav players.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Raptors
Very casually watch the Jays
Pakistan Cricket team lol

Really like the Pens but I only watch them in the playoffs when leafs are put. Recently they've been eliminated same time so haven't caught many of their games

That was a very sound beatdown yesterday in the T20.

If we're adding cricket then I'll also add the Chennai Super Kings and the Indian team.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
would like this, if I had that button still. I cheered for CSK mostly cuz I liked Dhoni. Watched till around 2017 . Haven't followed IPL as much since then

It was pretty cool seeing MS chatting with Pakistani players after the game on the field. Seems like a guy respected across the cricket world. Kohli is a bit more controversial lol

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It was pretty cool seeing MS chatting with Pakistani players after the game on the field. Seems like a guy respected across the cricket world. Kohli is a bit more controversial lol
I like Kholi personally quite a bit but yeah seems he has a lot of news/press following him around. Do feel bad for the guy, he delivered for the Indian team with good innings but still faces insane pressure as the Captain for India.

I'd imagine a guy like Marner would be pulling a Ben Simmons in a similarly pressured environment and refusing to play for the team, if he had such high expectations on his captaincy alone, with it being given amongst his team's fanbase that he gives 50 or so runs on average every innings.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Didn’t know we meant sports outside of hockey too, I guess I’m also a Jays fan and sort’ve on the KC Chiefs bandwagon (won big on them during the Super Bowl a few years ago and hopped on the bandwagon after that).

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I only cheer for the leafs or my kids teams. I don’t miss any games they play but as soon as they’re done I stop watching hockey. I actually hope no Canadian teams win the cup before the leafs do for some reason also.

makbeer

Sep 28, 2006
I dont know about 2nd but the Kraken might become my primary team soon

I spent a couple years in uni in seattle so that's my second favourite team.

Also, I am a Canes fan because Fred was my favourite Leafs' goalie since Eagle, Cujo, Potvin and (for lols) Bester and it pisses me off how the fanbase here treats him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad