Do you guys have faith in Bibeau as a future #1 goaltender?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Purely depends on how he develops. Goalies are such a wildcard, no one can say what he will become for sure.

He's shown flashes of fantastic talent.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I would like to see them draft another goalie next year. I feel 1 of Bernier or Reimer need to moved by the end of next year, 1 of the 3 will come up as a back up and then we need a noob.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He is Pogge 2.0 right now. Of the two I prefer Gibson but both are still just potential. Not even on the map yet.Still young and at least 2-3 years of potential development to watch. I am placing both behind whoever replaces Reimer this year.j

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Way too early to be asking this question, should wait until his ELC is finished before deciding whether there is NHL potential imo (not just for Bibeau, but for any goalie prospect)

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I refuse to try and predict the development on goalie prospects because the best ones usually just appear and the ones we thought would be studs end up stinking. Look at Markstrom...seemed like a sure number 1 and while that can still definitely happen for him, his path has been....err...unconventional.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I think all three of Bibeau, Gibson and Sparks have NHL backup goalie potential, and we'll still need to draft a stud in the position.

It's our weakest prospect position by a long shot.

Last edited:

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
The thing i notice about Bibeau is that on his best nights, he makes the kind of saves that only a true Elite goaltender could make. He has proven that he has this ability, whereas i have yet to see that from Gibson or Sparks.

Gibson secured the Marlies starting role with his much more consistent play. Bibeau some nights couldn't stop a beachball.

If Bibeau is able to find a way to turn those beachball nights into capable nights, then he has a pretty sure shot at an NHL future in some kind of capacity. If he finds a way to harness the truly spectacular nights on a more regular basis in addition to that, he will be a legit starter. If those spectacular nights fade off, then his career will fade off with them.

Far too soon to tell where it will all go, but he has shown ability to do some pretty epic things in net, and that alone is enough to be excited about.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Key for all these guys is consistency. As stated, he can make the elite save, needs to save the mundane shots as well. I like Sparx and Bibeau's potentials, just need to put in there development time and see who rises.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If I could, I would go with 2 and 5. It does depend on his development; he's far from a sure bet. He's a 6th round pick after all. However, it would be nice to trade Sparks or Gibson+ and get someone whom may be very raw, but has excellent potential. Preferably we could stash them in the NCAA or Europe for a while also. It's really tough to find good CHL goalies that aren't long shot.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
Very hard to predict how a goalie will end up, this is why you see team's not using there high draft picks (rounds 1/2) on them.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Nope why would anyone? I get the O.Ps point though. We should invite godla on if we are allowed. He was the slovak goalie that was awesome last wjhc's

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Goalies are tricky but right now nothing says he'll be a #1 NHL goalie, be patient see what happens with him and hope for the best.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
At this stage in his career I would say either the next Patrick Roy or will never see an NHL net. No in between

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Not even going to vote he just played his first pro season, and Gibson/Sparks have good stats as well

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I will eat my nacho hat if Bibeau is ever as good as Bernier. Bernier gets severely underrated because of a historically poor season by the team as a whole and a couple flukey goals. Bernier to me took the brunt of Leaf fans anger when he was like 20th down the list of issues we had/people to blame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad