Do you follow a second team to ease the suffering?

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I follow the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals avidly, being a KC boy who relocated to WNY in my pre-teens. They've made it easy for me to deal with the Sabres sucking so badly. We don't have a hockey team to follow in KC, and I doubt very many people would be interested in it anyway. KC is all football, baseball, basketball. St. Louis Blues actually have a fan base because they've been a respectable franchise.

As far as my second favorite team...I can't really call it. I go through periods of admiration, but realize that's all it is. I've always had a little soft spot for the Avalanche since I became in the know. I'm not loyal to them, but will be rooting for them come playoff time.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
I took up daily fantasy hockey on FanDuel this season.

...I generally pick goaltenders and defensemen playing against Buffalo.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Living in Central Illinois, I get both Hawks and Blues games. I'll watch objectively. You'd think this would be awesome, but on the contrary, it is incredibly frustrating because most folks around here know jack **** about the game of hockey and how it's played. You have to actually get into the cities to find what some would consider knowledgeable hockey fans. For most of the surrounding little rural towns, it became a fad when those teams became competitive. Those folks are bandwagoners and they know it.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
My 2nd team is the Oilers.

It's not a bandwagon thing (obviously). I've been following them and rooting for them since the glory years.

I think back to some of the Battles of Alberta from the late '80s or 1990/1991 and well...damn I miss that breed of hockey.

The last real Battle of Alberta took place in 1991. I still say that was the best 7 game playoff series I have ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad